PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

accordin to ESPN INSIDER: pats,ravens could draft tebow

Peter King did a chat on deadspin today and repeated the same Tebow drivel he has been repeating for 3 years about BB and Tebow and included Harbaugh as loving him.

Amazing that ESPN portrays it as their own scoop and even charges $ for it.

Peter King did a chat on deadspin today and repeated the same Tebow drivel he has been repeating for 3 years about BB and Tebow and included Harbaugh as loving him.

Amazing that ESPN portrays it as their own scoop and even charges $ for it.

I could see him as a backup QB. He is mobile and generally that's very good to have for second string.

However, the "dive play" in the NFL looks more like suicide.

If there was a choice between NFL money- non QB vs. no money QB; I somehow think he might be a wee bit flexible.

Hey guys, I don't think Tebow is going to be a QB in the NFL. I really see him moving to receiver. I would take him as a receiver on our team. It just gives us more weapons.

I certainly hope the Patriots don't draft Tebow, as I'd hate to have to find another team to root for.

I could see it. We draft at least 1 bust every year, so....

Well, the Pats already drafted Pat White... No wait, that never happened.... and signed Michael Vick..... oh, that never happened too. So the Pats already have two back up QBs on the roster, not including Edelman, who can run the Wildcat. Or at least those are how all the rumors had it.

There are zero signs that Belichick will ever run the Wildcat. Belichick's supposive fascination with the Wildcat is a complete media creation.

I could easily see him as a FB or short yardage back in the NFL, I couldn't see him as a reciever; too big and I dont think his 40 time is that fast. I could be wrong though. He excells when he runs between the tackles.

This thread needs to die.

Tebow isn't going "in the first or second pick."

Think (and learn how to write) before you post.

Why in the name of God would the Ravens draft this guy?

Or the Patriots for that matter?

Florida Gator plays;

First down, fake the run, fade back, throw, incomplete.
Second down, quaterback draw, 6 yards.
Third down, fade back to pass, nobody open, scramble around like Shemp from the Three Stooges, break a bunch of tackles attempted by guys who will not be in the NFL, fall forward for the first down.

Repeat numerous times until you score, marching down the field 10 yards at a time.

Wow, what a talent.........

Last edited:
Why in the name of God would the Ravens draft this guy?

Or the Patriots for that matter?

Florida Gator plays;

First down, fake the run, fade back, throw, incomplete.
Second down, quaterback draw, 6 yards.
Third down, fade back to pass, nobody open, scramble around like Shemp from the Three Stooges, break a bunch of tackles attempted by guys who will not be in the NFL, fall forward for the first down.

Repeat numerous times until you score, marching down the field 10 yards at a time.

Wow, what a talent.........

Haha, to the say the guy isn't talented is pretty ridiculous. Tim Tebow is an awesome player and one of the most exciting guys to watch. Some guys just don't project to the NFL well, and he's one of him. I think everyone pretty much agrees that he has a better chance of being a bust but who knows, he could be a star too. He has qualities and attributes that not many other players have. That being said, I wouldn't want to see the Patriots draft him but saying he's not talented is just stupid.

There's plenty of reason to see the Patriots drafting Tebow, and high. What some people clearly fail to see is that they wouldn't be drafting him as a quarterback. Maybe he'd see some time in the wildcat or whatever, but I suspect BB & Co. see Tim Tebow as an athlete, a weapon, a versatile player on the offense, far more than the heir apparent to Golden Balls.

The Ravens already have a Smith from Ohio State as their "Wildcat" QB.

Jean Shorts Jesus is not fast enough to be a TE, he can not throw well enough to be a QB, which makes him at best, a Wildcat QB, Jacksonville will draft him with their own 2nd round pick that we trade back to them, for their 3rd and 1st round pick in 2011 (After the trade I will immeadeatley start a "The Pats can have the first 2 picks in the 2011 draft" thread. Jacksonville will draft him because it is the smart thing to do to sell tickets.

Haha, to the say the guy isn't talented is pretty ridiculous. Tim Tebow is an awesome player and one of the most exciting guys to watch. Some guys just don't project to the NFL well, and he's one of him. I think everyone pretty much agrees that he has a better chance of being a bust but who knows, he could be a star too. He has qualities and attributes that not many other players have. That being said, I wouldn't want to see the Patriots draft him but saying he's not talented is just stupid.

Great, that is your opinion.

I don't agree and do me a favor, don't call me stupid, I don't appreciate it. I didn't call you stupid for thinking he's talented, now did I?

Explain the "talent" behind basically running the wildcat offense, where your quarterback runs more than he throws and when he runs, he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off, breaks horrible attempts at tackles and falls forward to get a first down.

Time and time and time again.

Like in the Arkansas game afew weeks ago that Florida had ZERO business winning.

And he flat out sucked in the first half of the BCS championship game last year.

A quarterback who isn't a quarterback and is some quasi QB/running back/fulback doesn't do it for me.

And go ahead and call him a "winner" and a "gamer" and a "guy who does what it takes to win" and I'll show you plenty of those guys.

Working down at your local car wash.

And I love how HE says "I only want to play QB"; oh really now, so the tail wags the dog now does it.

How about if no one drafts you then.

And you join all those guys who couldn't make a simple tackle.

Working down at the car wash.

Last edited:
This thread needs to die.

Tebow isn't going "in the first or second pick."

Think (and learn how to write) before you post.
........whom are you talking to .......:confused:....?i couldnt find a post which said "in the first or second pick" ..........
maybe you should THINK and learn how to read (maybe like 20 times) before you comment.........

Last edited:
The Ravens already have a Smith from Ohio State as their "Wildcat" QB.

Jean Shorts Jesus is not fast enough to be a TE, he can not throw well enough to be a QB, which makes him at best, a Wildcat QB, Jacksonville will draft him with their own 2nd round pick that we trade back to them, for their 3rd and 1st round pick in 2011 (After the trade I will immeadeatley start a "The Pats can have the first 2 picks in the 2011 draft" thread. Jacksonville will draft him because it is the smart thing to do to sell tickets.

He is a ******* winner, and he will be able to play quarterback in the NFL. He is really smart and will adapt to any system he is put in. He just happens to be in a pure college system now in Florida.

He is a better player and qb than that interception machine with no brain who was drafted number 1 last year.

Sadly we will not be able to get him because he is going to go a lot higher than what our pick is going to be.

I would love for him to be here, so all the Tebow haters would have to eat their words, and wouldn't have to look at Jack Bauer's posts here anymore.

but I really like Hoyer, and want to see what he can develop into.

Ha Ha Ha, that is great, you really like Hoyer... wait a second, you are serious. How the hell can you like Hoyer? He has played less than Fred Merkle (Lou Gehrig's backup). Amazing.

On to Tebow, hell ya, at pick 32 I would take him in a second. Better than some washout WR or 2nd rate TE.

Ha Ha Ha, that is great, you really like Hoyer... wait a second, you are serious. How the hell can you like Hoyer? He has played less than Fred Merkle (Lou Gehrig's backup). Amazing.

The comical thing about this response is the way you wrote it, I can actually see you laughing along like you thought the comment was in jest, stopping yourself, having this look of WTF on your face and then making the Merkle comment.

Comedic gold on a forum, kudos to you.................

And how many snaps has Tebow played in the NFL?

Great, that is your opinion.

I don't agree and do me a favor, don't call me stupid, I don't appreciate it. I didn't call you stupid for thinking he's talented, now did I?

Explain the "talent" behind basically running the wildcat offense, where your quarterback runs more than he throws and when he runs, he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off, breaks horrible attempts at tackles and falls forward to get a first down.

Time and time and time again.

Like in the Arkansas game afew weeks ago that Florida had ZERO business winning.

And he flat out sucked in the first half of the BCS championship game last year.

A quarterback who isn't a quarterback and is some quasi QB/running back/fulback doesn't do it for me.

And go ahead and call him a "winner" and a "gamer" and a "guy who does what it takes to win" and I'll show you plenty of those guys.

Working down at your local car wash.

And I love how HE says "I only want to play QB"; oh really now, so the tail wags the dog now does it.

How about if no one drafts you then.

And you join all those guys who couldn't make a simple tackle.

Working down at the car wash.

LOL! Thanks, you just proved you are STUPID.

From what you've said, winning in college football is easy. All you have to is run around like a chicken with your head cut off, right? Why don't you have a Heisman trophy? Apparently winning multiple awards, national championships, and leading the number one ranked team in the country is a joke.

You're just another moron that has no idea what he's talking about.

honestly i think who ever said trade either Tennessee of the jag's 2nd back to jacksonville if they want teebow for a 2011 1st and a 3rd this yr(if that is the value) we get yet another 1st rounder in 2011 we gain a 3rd this yr that we will inevitably trade and we still use 2 2nd's to hopefully replicate our 2nd round success this year. that honestly is my best case scenario for next yrs draft. we can still use our 1st, 2 2nds as well for day 1

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back