Welcome to PatsFans.com

Abuse Photos Include Images Of Rape And Sexual Assault: Report

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 28, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Abuse Photos Include Images Of Rape And Sexual Assault: Report

This is horrible, if true. This is worse than terrorism. This is not a fringe group hiding behind a nationless flag, waging a crusade or jihad. This abuse, IF TRUE, was done in the name of our nation, and by our represented military, under the command ot the President and his cabinet.

NO WONDER Obama refuses to release these. Even reading the report of the activities makes me sick to my stomach.

This is BY FAR the greatest recruiting tool at the disposal of those who wish to cause us harm. And we owe it all to the Bush administration, and the legal team that authorized these 'tactics' of rape and sexual assault.

"One photo reportedly showed an American soldier apparently raping a female prisoner and another was said to show a male translator raping a male detainee, the Telegraph reported.

It was not immediately clear from the report who had seen the photos or how they might have been obtained.

The Telegraph said the photos relate to 400 cases of alleged abuse between 2001 and 2005 at Abu Ghraib and six other prisons."

again....the article claims evidence, and a lot of it. I HOPE this is not true.....

but the track record speaks for itself.....and I fear our nation's past leaders have endangered our nation further.
  2. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't know whats more ignorant - stuff on the Huffington Post, or using the Huffington post as a source.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape' - Telegraph

is the Telegraph enough of a 'source'?

your reply speaks VOLUMES!

Keep justifying your boys......I can't wait to hear the neocon justification of RAPE. You seme to all embrace torture, so you must be cool with this too, huh?
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Let's be clear here Holy, these acts were NOT done in the name of our nation or with authorization of the administration. They were illegal acts performed without US approval, and the perpetrators should be subject to proper punishment. Now, you can make the argument that the approval of EIT led to abuse of the system by a few guards, but that does NOT mean that their behavior was sanctioned in any way. Also from what we know waterboarding etc was performed only by a select group of CIA, not the regular army guards responsible for this abuse, so any link to me seems off base.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Lets be clear...if that was the case.....

then why take pictures of it?

And not sure on the waterboarding eiether, apparently it was contracted former CIA guys who did it.

this was WAY more than a few bad apples.....the report says HUNDREDS.

I'm also trying my best to hold judgement on this....but its frickin difficult.
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Two issues here, first of all if this did happen on someone's watch, in a military structure the buck stops at the top.. negligence or neglect is usually as bad as the act itself. Whether it was done with or without approval, in a command structure there can be no coverup.. if someone in the chain of command does not know about it.. then they are complicit. The local military authorities essentially represent the US when they are on foreign ground.. to think that rape took place under the watch of some commander is an extremely serious thing... someone photographed it so there is already complicity.

Secondly, the waterboarding that took place as a policy of the Bush adminstation.. without regard they are two stand alone issues..
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

more from what you refuse to read:

Maj Gen Taguba, who retired in January 2007, said he supported the President’s decision, adding: “These pictures show torture, abuse, rape and every indecency. [...]

Among the graphic statements…is that of Kasim Mehaddi Hilas in which he says: “I saw [name of a translator] ******* a kid, his age would be about 15 to 18 years. The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets. Then when I heard screaming I climbed the door because on top it wasn’t covered and I saw [name] who was wearing the military uniform, putting his **** in the little kid’s ***…. and the female soldier was taking pictures.” [...]

Three detainees, including the alleged victim, refer to the use of a phosphorescent tube in the sexual abuse and another to the use of wire, while the victim also refers to part of a policeman’s “stick” all of which were apparently photographed.
  8. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sure, and I agree with you, but saying that the US military needs to take responsibility for the depraved actions of some guards and saying their actions were supported by command and the administration are 2 totally different things. In his post Holy was equating this prisoner abuse scandal, which was not approved by the admin, with enhanced interrogation, which was.

Holy the pictures were for the enjoyment of the sick individuals that were abusing the prisoners, not to document how a sanctioned program was going.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You are ASSUMING these are a few bad apples...

Since these techniques seemed to be part of the sam eprogram, they are linked.

I'm saying we don't know...but I'm pretty sure military personell follows orders. It was shown that the past abusers got their orders from Rumsfeld:

Senate Report Ties Rumsfeld to Abu Ghraib Torture

t r u t h o u t | Senate Report Ties Rumsfeld to Abu Ghraib Torture

In this case, we need to find out where the buck stops.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

How can you be filled with such blind certainty?
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The same stuff is going on right now today in prisons all over America.

Dear Obama,
    The whole world has heard this story now lets get it on, we don't want to hear any more bullsh!t about you protecting the troops this story is out so release the photos TODAY let the chips fall where they may.

Nothing could be worse than watching those stinking f-cking Muslims carving human heads off with steak knives while the victim is screaming and gurgling blood on live TV,

RELEASE THE PHOTOS JUG EARS
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Agreed.....on your main point.

We need to let the chips fall where they may, and punish those who are guilty. Because right now ....the chips are falling on all of US.
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  13. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We are making this out like it was the Rape of Nanking. It seems to me like it was 2 or 3 isolated incidents. Which may or may not have been committed by American soldiers. Now I am sure that the "alleged" rapers got permission from the US Government, possibly even Bush himself, to go about raping. The guards should not be held responsible at all. They didn't know that they weren't allowed to rape. In fact, I just read the Army Field Manual and there are specific instructions on how to rape little boys and get away with it. (kind of like the homo orginization NAMBLA).

By the way, because I was just humming the Star Spangled banner while taking a dump, technically, it I was reliving myself in the name of our nation.

One photo reportedly showed an American soldier apparently raping a female prisoner and another was said to show a male translator raping a male detainee, the Telegraph reported.

That's two photos. Sounds like a San Francisco parade to me. :rolleyes:

It was not immediately clear from the report who had seen the photos or how they might have been obtained.

The Telegraph said the photos relate to 400 cases of alleged abuse between 2001 and 2005 at Abu Ghraib and six other prisons.

I think this includes the abuse that people have already gone to jail for. I don't think this means 400 rapes.

I realize this is horrible. Rape during wartime. It's unheard of. Pull your head. Out of your ass. There are bad. People out there. Some of them. Wear a US uniform. It was wrong. Don't get bumhurt. Over two rapes. No pun intended.:banned:
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

justification of rape......

great.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I call your bluff Jug Ears
    Release The Photos

Men And Women Are Being Raped In Prisons All Over The World Thats What Prisons Are

I'd Rather Be Raped Than Beheaded

GET BUSH--GET BUSH--GET BUSH--GET BUSH

Dick Cheney And Rumsfeld Held The Victims While The NAMBLA Guys Mounted Them

OH BOY WE GOT EM NOW YAHOOOOOO
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Not justifying it one bit but if the buck stops at the top then every admnistration in every war we've ever been in or will ever be in were or will be war criminals. Have you ever watched the history channel? Some of the accounts I heard from some of the WWII vets make Abu Ghraib seem civilized.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Without regard the military chain of command denotes accountability and responsibility from the bottom to the top.. not equating the two issues, in fact differentiating.. what these pictures show is not torture but criminal activitity.. if they are found guilty these folks should do hard time..

Not sure I get "document a sanctioned program was going".. if Obama has the Pix the pentagon had the pix and there should have been the pursuit of legal sanctions against the perps..
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I had been under the impression that is exactly what those pictures were going to be used for. Evidence to prosecute the perpetrators
  19. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

ummm? hmmm? how do i respond? are you so bumhurt over these poor prisoners that you can't think? wait, maybe the thought of rape has caused you some sort of mental anguish that has turned you brain to mush. maybe, you've been raped and this is how you deal with the internal pain.(and possible bleeding)

i justified nothing. i stated fact. small group. under cheney's direct guidance. rape two people. caused widespead rape hysteria. iraq should be renamed rapetown. rape orders came from the top. the US government decided rape worked so good for the catholic church they might as well use it as a public relations stunt. hundreds of US soldiers were raping everything from men to boys to goats to jelly donuts. are you starting to sound stupid yet? we have one "alleged" US soldier raping a women. really? one? it was wrong. get over it. eat a sandwich or something. damn.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Is that so, not sure of anything any more.. the first pix suffered from the law of unintended consequences... haven't heard of any prosecutions for this stuff lately, it would have certainly been newsworthy..