PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Absolute Terrific Pick"

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at it this way........the pats have the 2 best QB's in the AFC east

And three of the top half dozen, no matter how you measure them.

Brady is a GOAT. Hoyer aspires to be a Brian Sipe type winner; and Ryan Mallett can be a empty canvas on which you can draw any of your aspirations from country-boy Peyton Manning, to another rumored, collegiate bad-boy, Dan Marino, which he resembles most of all, I suspect. :confused:;):confused:

I think someone mentioned earlier that most 'franchise QB's retired around age 37-38. And Brady is 33 now. Mallet's rookie contract will run 4 years. Which would make him ready about the time Brady decides to ride off into the sunset. I know as fans we never want it to end but someday it will. And the Pats aren't wrong to prepare for the future.

Actually Brady turns 34 this summer before the start of the exhibition season ( if there is one ). This pick won't get real interesting, IMHO until about the start of year three. Tom, who is already the oldest player on the Pats 53 man roster, will be exiting his prime in 2-3 years as Mallet prepares to enter his prime.

Tom will be making $20 million per year and Mallet about $400,000. Thats when the party starts ( contingent of course on Mallet's development ).

Mallett will be what most NFL-insiders believe: Ryan Leaf.

Mallett does not have the mentality of a NFL QB.

If Patriots truly want the Patriot QB, they trade their 2012 2 1st for :

Andrew Luck in 2012.
I like it when people just make stuff up. It's entertaining.

Mallett will be what most NFL-insiders believe: Ryan Leaf.

Mallett does not have the mentality of a NFL QB.

If Patriots truly want the Patriot QB, they trade their 2012 2 1st for :

Andrew Luck in 2012.

Two 25-32 first round picks for Andrew Luck? Sounds good!

Some are calling Luck the best prospect since Manning. There is no team in the NFL that will give away the no. 1 pick when he enters the draft. I just hope the Bills don't go 1-15 or something. Their misery feeds me.

Last edited:
Ron Jaworski, who I think knows a thing or two about QB's, LOVES the Mallet pick. He said it this morning on ESPN. For those out there who think the Mallet pick makes absolutely no sense and can't help the Pats, there are more and more "experts" coming out saying how great this pick is...

Something else for people to ponder... Brady seemingly gets injured every year and has to have some sort of off season surgery. Couldn't the Mallet pick not only improve the backup position but also be used to length Brady's career?

I mean, if Mallet is good in the system, BB could take Brady out here and there if the situation presents itself and save Tommy from getting more abuse. Just a thought which may be way off base but a thought none-the-less.
Ron Jaworski is also the clown who picked the pats win 9 or fewer games this past year:rolleyes:

Brady is a GOAT. Hoyer aspires to be a Brian Sipe type winner; and Ryan Mallett can be a empty canvas on which you can draw any of your aspirations from country-boy Peyton Manning, to another rumored, collegiate bad-boy, Dan Marino, which he resembles most of all, I suspect. :confused:;):confused:
Ryan Mallett = Drew Bledsoe

Some are calling Luck the best prospect since Manning. There is no team in the NFL that will give away the no. 1 pick when he enters the draft. I just hope the Bills don't go 1-15 or something. Their misery feeds me.

that's why I'm kinda stumped on Mallett pick.

If Patriots can grab Luck in 2012, they will give Brady 3-4yrs (last contract) and Luck will have 2-3yrs to be tutored. I think Luck is more mature than Mallett as Luck wanted to finish college, smart, good arm, and humble...

I really don't care if "value" was there, and decide to get Mallett..

I will be pissed if Luck goes to Bills or Phins in 2012...

Ron Jaworski is also the clown who picked the pats win 9 or fewer games this past year:rolleyes:

Yeah, one of MANY "experts" and fans who didn't think the Pats were going to be that good before the season started.

If you thought the Pats were going to win 12 or more games last year before the season began then you are one of few.

If Patriots can grab Luck in 2012, they will give Brady 3-4yrs (last contract) and Luck will have 2-3yrs to be tutored. I think Luck is more mature than Mallett as Luck wanted to finish college, smart, good arm, and humble...

In what scenario do you think the Pats would be able to get Luck next year? Sounds like you are either thinking they will pull a Herschel Walker trade (hell would freeze over first) or the Pats would have a catastrophic collapse this coming season.

I'd argue that finishing college for a kid who could go #1 right now is a really immature decision.

All it takes is one lineman rolling funny and he goes from getting a $70M deal to being D'Quan Bowers.

ummm Carolina Panthers since there's no friggin way they win more than 2 games next year, and why would they pick Luck after having picked Newton

If Patriots can grab Luck in 2012, they will give Brady 3-4yrs (last contract) and Luck will have 2-3yrs to be tutored.
I think Luck is more mature than Mallett as Luck wanted to finish college, smart, good arm, and humble...

Prepare to be pissed

There is this thing called a salary cap. NFW could/should any team pay a #1 Luck and a HOF Brady for one position, esp when only one can play at a time. Unlikely but even were it to vanish, Patriots owner Kraft said he would not be interested in a league with unpredictable upside on expenses.

Mallett better start getting ready. Brady is preparing his 'footwork' for the competition...
"Gisele Bundchen says she’ll wear an Alexander McQueen gown at tonight’s annual Met Ball in New York, which honors the late designer this year. No word on what Tom Brady will wear — or what he’ll do with his hair. Gisele and Tom are already in New York. They spent their Saturday night at celeb hair stylist Harry Josh’s 10th Annual Spring Fling Party" :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes