Welcome to PatsFans.com

Abramoff Had 485 Contacts With White House

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Sep 29, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

The report indicated that Abramoff and associates lobbied on behalf of 19 individuals for administration jobs and only was successful once.

That's some return on investment eh?

Governments, and especially Administrations, are highly corrupt. When one side points at the other I find it comical. BOTH PARTIES ARE CORRUPT. Maybe someday more of the sheeple will become aware of the deceit that exists in all politics. Both local and national.

I can dream can't I?

3. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The only reason that there are more Republicans involved in this scandal then Democrats is that the Republicans are in power. Though, you could probably find ethic problems with anyone in Congress.

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Exactly. I'm sure when Slick Willy was in office, this crap was happening all the time, same as Reagan. The difference with todays, and future political scandals, is technology. With 24 hour news, blogs, the internet, emails, camera technology, eaves dropping technology, cell phones, texts, electronic banking, etc...more of these loosers are being exposed than ever before. Whats sad about it all, is the media. The media is so biased that the truth is never genuinely discussed. Each outlet spins the news to favor its own slant. Of course, it's the public who suffers. In some ways it's the publics fault. The sheeple will follow the channels that report what they want to hear.

5. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

In addition, congress looks out for its own, and then some. Had there been a Democratic congress this past term, we would have seen more investigations. But, the party in power is not going to investigate itself. Then we have a congressman from the other party, caught red handed taking bribes (cash in home freezer, videotape, aid pleading guilty) and Hastert and Republican collegues defend him, declaring the FBI has no right to search a members office. That is fairly transparent.

6. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Finally, a thread where we all agree that a vast majority of politicians on both sides of the aisle are ethically challenged.
    As sick as I was to my stomach, towards the end of the Clinton era, I kept dreaming that we would never go that low again!
    I guess I will keep dreaming too, Real World.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Utterly hilarious. I'd never seen Dems and Repubs in Washington so fervently agree. It was so transparent is right. Those loosers were pissed that the feds raided a collegues office cuz they feared being busted themselves. HA! It's what I've been talking about for quite a while now. Lots of people have helped enlighten me to the sad state of politics. Unfortunately, I think it's always been this bad, and I don't really see it getting much better.

What ignorant elitist loosers those politicians were. They all think that they are above the law.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey