Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
so, now the broncos have that mid first rd pick
the falcons drop down to 29
atlanta was a possible suitor for one of the rbs, but denver is almost a def
maroney seems to fit in well there
this trade prob hurts our chances of having one or more of the four rbs falling to us

patsfan55 said:
this trade prob hurts our chances of having one or more of the four rbs falling to us
..... or it better helps to drop another, non RB, player that might be of interest to the team.

Not sure the Broncos will take a RB. While White would be a good partner with Bell, they have Dayne who looked good with them too and Shanahan has done well with lower picked RB as well as high ones. I doubt he'll take a RB that high.

If they don't use this pick for RB, it could be a trade up to get one of the WR in Holmes or Jackson, or even possibly a TE like Leonard Pope.

Den has Dayne (not your NYG Dayne) & T Bell with C Cobb on the practice squad. Any RB they touch turns to gold, no way do they take a RB mid first rd.

i would be very very surprised if denver doesnt take a rb in the first rd

patsfan55 said:

This is GREAT news! I am completely unenthused about the prospect of drafting a RB in the 1st round. If this helps a better LB/DB get to us then it is a good thing.

it could def help a db get to us
atlanta was prob looking at db in the draft at that spot
and maybe still is at 29

Let us not ignore the possibility that Denver is looking for a shot at Plummer's replacement, with 14 & 22 they have the horsepower to get up between 4 & 5. Put yourself in Mangini's shoes, do you stay at 4 and take a QB (as so many are speculating) or take two firsts to drop back and give yourself four first round picks and five in the top 35?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Let us not ignore the possibility that Denver is looking for a shot at Plummer's replacement, with 14 & 22 they have the horsepower to get up between 4 & 5. Put yourself in Mangini's shoes, do you stay at 4 and take a QB (as so many are speculating) or take two firsts to drop back and give yourself four first round picks and five in the top 35?

The last time the Jets had 4 1st rounders was 2000. They did a good job with them. Well except for Pennington and Becht. They only have Pennington and Ellis remaining after trading Abraham.

Also, I am not sure the Jets could afford 4 1st rounders and a high 2nd, money wise. But Miguel is a better person to speculate that.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Put yourself in Mangini's shoes, do you stay at 4 and take a QB (as so many are speculating) or take two firsts to drop back and give yourself four first round picks and five in the top 35?
Box, you keep giving away picks.

The Jets have their own #1 and #29. They don't have three.

DaBruinz said:
The last time the Jets had 4 1st rounders was 2000. They did a good job with them. Well except for Pennington and Becht. They only have Pennington and Ellis remaining after trading Abraham.

Also, I am not sure the Jets could afford 4 1st rounders and a high 2nd, money wise. But Miguel is a better person to speculate that.
Afford in 2006, or leverage for Brady Quinn in 2007?

Assuming Tannenbaum's math is better then mine (some leap there :D since I think I did my math wrong again :( ), they have the option of trading back up for a Ngata or Hawk, staying put at 15, 22, 29, and 35 they can get a LT, a RG, A C, and a RT to field an all rookie O-line, or they can trade for a 2007 first round pick.

BelichickFan said:
Box, you keep giving away picks.

The Jets have their own #1 and #29. They don't have three.
Sue me, I'm just a generous soul with an apt screen name. :p

patsfan55 said:

Denver might be looking at a WR. Rod Smith is getting old and Lelie has yet to do what was expected of him. If anything I'd say they go WR with that pick. Not a lot of talent in later rounds.

I seriously doubt the Pats will take a RB at 21. Would be shocked if they did. Deangelo Williams is a really big maybe at 21. White or Marouney at 21 no way. Just my gut talking to me. I'm glad Dender moved up. Moves more top defensive players to us to pick from.... :rocker: :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back