PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

About those throwback jerseys (this thread is a bit weird)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is just like pickup backyard ball...

I think his point is that Brady JUST MIGHT be better than your average pickup football QB...you throw to the player, not to what he's wearing.

as i recall, BB wore a red hoodie throughout "that game" in Arizona, so, on principle, I would rather they left the red jerseys in the Pro Shop.

I'm not much of a karma guy but the sight of the throwbacks or anything referencing Pat Patriot or the origional colors does give me a little bit of angst.

I think his point is that Brady JUST MIGHT be better than your average pickup football QB...you throw to the player, not to what he's wearing.

Actually, I believe his point is that he doesn't throw to players, he mostly throws to spots on the field where his player is supposed to be. Where he is throwing to is just as much about where the oppossing player is located relative to his receiver. He isn't throwing to a jersey.

Having said that, I love the red jerseys and helmet. I thought they looked great. Although I did get that same bad feeling when they were losing the game.

Last edited:
I was hoping the Bills would see the red as non-contact jerseys.
Didn't work though.
Pat Patriot deserves his retirement, put him back in the closet. He brings back too many memories of the '85 SuperBowl.

Am I the only person that absolutely loves all of the Patriots uniforms? Seriously, is there any other team that has had multiple uniforms and all of them have looked as great as the ones the Pats' have had? The red, the light blue from the 90's, the current ones...they're all top notch IMO.

This is a bit weird to be honest :D You don't pass to colours, you pass to the person.

I'm just glad they're not wearing the all blue uni's or the hideous silver jersey's. And don't ever wear the white jersey's at a home game again!

Whenever they wear something other than the normal Blue jersey/Silver pant combo, it usually borders on (if not outright ends in) disaster. The first Silver jersey game was when they got destroyed by the Chargers during the 60 Minutes Brady shoot. The all Blue combo was worn in 2 consecutive (Green Bay/Denver) 2002 losses and thankfully, never to be seen again. This was not nearly as bad as last year's Back2Back Brady to IR, Miami Wildcat experiment with the White jersey. Not that I'm superstitious...

Let's just stick with:
Blue/Silver @ Home
White/Blue on Road

All agreed "Aye", All opposed "Nay"...Motion carries!

I was so excited to see the guys play in the throwbacks. It's one reason I flew 9000 miles to see the game. But at halftime I was saying "burn them!" The idea was nice but I did not enjoy it once the game started. I never thought I'd say it, but I don't want to see Pat Patriot anymore.

Sorry ItalianPF!!!!!!!

The first Silver jersey game was when they got destroyed by the Chargers during the 60 Minutes Brady shoot

I'm pretty sure they wore the silver jersey a few times before that. I vividly remember them wearing them during the Miami snow game in '03.

This is a bit weird to be honest :D You don't pass to colours, you pass to the person.

Yeah, you don't pass to colors. If both teams wore the exact same colors it wouldn't be confusing at all. Brady would just pass to Moss, Welker or whomever...he wouldn't have any trouble finding them on the field given that everyone was wearing the exact same uniform.

Brilliant post.

I was so excited to see the guys play in the throwbacks. It's one reason I flew 9000 miles to see the game. But at halftime I was saying "burn them!" The idea was nice but I did not enjoy it once the game started. I never thought I'd say it, but I don't want to see Pat Patriot anymore.

Sorry ItalianPF!!!!!!!

i know you are jocking-100%

from tv seems there were many 'red' on the crowd - am i correct ?

crowd was good imho (from tv) - a lot of noise / do you confirm ?

Go Pats ! Go Pat Patriot !

I'm pretty sure they wore the silver jersey a few times before that. I vividly remember them wearing them during the Miami snow game in '03.

The Charger game was in '02, if I recall. I know Reche Caldwell had a big game. Wade Phillips was DC and was whooping it up after the game like the world class d-bag that he is. Subsequent Silver jersey games haven't been quite so bad (the Miami snow throw game, the Parcells Dallas game, the '07 Buffalo game all come to mind). I actually don't mind that jersey so much now that I think about it. The first time they wore it was a brutal butt-kicking, though.

i know you are jocking-100%

from tv seems there were many 'red' on the crowd - am i correct ?

crowd was good imho (from tv) - a lot of noise / do you confirm ?

Go Pats ! Go Pat Patriot !

Well, let me say it this way: I do not want to see Pat Patriot on Tom Brady's helmet anymore. I DO want to see Pat Patriot on my hat.

There were alot of throwbacks in the crowd, but I saw more blue jerseys.

The crowd was good. After the fumble recovery and second touchdown were the loudest I have EVER heard Gillette, including playoff games. It actually did feel like a playoff game it was so intense. My throat was very sore from screaming.

Ty Law got a great ovation during the halftime ceremony. That made me happy.

Well, let me say it this way: I do not want to see Pat Patriot on Tom Brady's helmet anymore. I DO want to see Pat Patriot on my hat.

There were alot of throwbacks in the crowd, but I saw more blue jerseys.

The crowd was good. After the fumble recovery and second touchdown were the loudest I have EVER heard Gillette, including playoff games. It actually did feel like a playoff game it was so intense. My throat was very sore from screaming.

Ty Law got a great ovation during the halftime ceremony. That made me happy.

i think you had a nice evening and it is nice to hear: perfetto !

You clearly don't understand what this thread is about. I'm talking about SUBCONSCIOUS effect. Not "Brady is such a moron that he can't tell who Moss is in red".

Look, I'm really sorry to say this, and I hope you don't take any offense. Though I will give you credit for the deep thought of it all, and explaining it in a way that can be understood. I played ball for about 7 yrs. and I honestly can say that the colors of a team's uniforms had no effect on how I played, or how quickly I made decisions.

I really have no idea how I could explain it. It's more of a thing you've got to experience. You are always focused on patterns, zones, watching the ball, and just moving with the flow of traffic. Again, I dont know how to explain it, you just gotta go out there and do it.

The point I'm trying to make though, is that the jerseys had no effect on Brady's performance. Brady being away from the game for over a yr. did. Matt Light not being able to protect the blind side most of the game did. Players dropping balls the whole first half did...definately not the color of a jersey.

I'll be honest, I've only followed the NFL since 2000, so I never saw the Patriots in red, but I wasn't a fan of the retro shirts.

The red shirts are jinxed, no doubt. The color red is just not good for the pats...makes them play like teh patsies...that's how they got the name, remember?

I was expecting Grogan to come back and throw the late interception to seal the loss...that's what those shirts do. Do you want that?

I don't like the emblem that much, ie flying elvis....not sure if I'd go all teh way back to pat patriot, but something a little more lifelike might be nice...and withotu the streak/flying thing.

The colors are good except for silver, not sure about that. Maybe it's OK.

But the red is not a good color for our guys.

I prefer the blue jerseys, but the Pat Patriot helmet is so much better than the Flying Elvis it isn't even funny. It would be great if they got Pat Patriot on a silver helmet with the blue jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back