PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

About The Ads on This Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Has anyone else noted the advertisement at the top of the thread display page for ebay, offering a Pats fans a Adam Vinatieri pin and a Deion Branch Jersey.

Note to advertisers--If you want to get Pats fans pissed off, bring up Deion Branch or Adam Vinatieri.

You'd think they would try to lure us in by offering merchandise that is not connected to players whose names make us want to vomit.

But there is sort of an irony to it.

Last edited:
Zippo,

Believe it or not, the people who run this site really don't have control over some of the ads. This is a thing called Google Adsense, and the program shoots out site related and key word related ads, therefore pointing people interested in this site towards Patriots related Ads. I actually bought a brand new Bruschi Replica jersey on Ebay last night for $62, which incuded shipping. A pretty hefty savings over the Pats proshop (79.99 +tax+shipping would have cost me $90+). Whenever you see Ads by Google, it means a website uses Google Adsense. Plus Google pays the website everytime someone clicks on the ads. Just like most websites, Patsfans is trying to make some money, and provide a wonderful service to us Pats fans.

scott99 said:
Zippo,

Believe it or not, the people who run this site really don't have control over some of the ads. This is a thing called Google Adsense, and the program shoots out site related and key word related ads, therefore pointing people interested in this site towards Patriots related Ads. I actually bought a brand new Bruschi Replica jersey on Ebay last night for $62, which incuded shipping. A pretty hefty savings over the Pats proshop (79.99 +tax+shipping would have cost me $90+). Whenever you see Ads by Google, it means a website uses Google Adsense. Plus Google pays the website everytime someone clicks on the ads. Just like most websites, Patsfans is trying to make some money, and provide a wonderful service to us Pats fans.

I am aware the site has no control over it. I just think it's kinda funny.

Googles Adsense takes keywords from whatever is posted on this board and tries to figure out what's hot at this moment and then looks for products that match. That's probably why DB's stuff have been advertised lately. Obviously Adam's status must have come up a lot lately too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes