Welcome to PatsFans.com

About That Medicare Plan....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

The one that won't affect those 55 and older.....

What happens to those millions of married couples who are going to have one person in both age groups? Does that mean they will no longer qualify for a "family plan" after retirement? When both my parents were alive and on Medicare they, like every normal married couple with the same group insurance plan, payed a lower rate.

However, if the older spouse is covered under the guaranteed traditional Medicare plan he/she's been promised but the younger spouse is covered under the voucher plan, won't they both be paying the higher individual rate for their obviously different plans?

Also - Paul Ryan's plan calls for contracting the voucher plan to the second lowest bidder - subject to change yearly.

I don't know how many of you have dealt with insurance companies but they pay slowly sometimes....sometimes it takes more than a year. There is a huge potential for bills to become lost in a system in which the carrier change yearly - if you were hospitalized in November and the bill hit the insurance company in late December and the carrier changed on January 1st, I can pretty much assure you, based on years of medical billing experience, that bill is going to become lost and remain unpaid and eventually it will end up as the patient's responsibility because both insurance companies are going to deny responsibility for it.

How many old people are going to be able to keep up with, not only a yearly changing premium (which makes it hard to budget your limited funds) but also with changing carriers, changing forms, changing benefits and changing addresses?

And what happens if there are no bidders? One of the reasons Medicare was formed in the first place was because no private insurance company wanted to cover senior citizens. Face it, they're the most expensive people to cover. If they didn't want them then, when medical expenses were much smaller, what makes Romney and Ryan think they're going to want them now? Especially if they abolish ObamaCare as promised. Without ObamaCare there is no guaranteed coverage for people with pre-existing conditions anymore.....that means no insurance company, even those bidding for a Medicare voucher plan, needs to accept anyone with a pre-existing condition....show me a 82 year old without at least one pre-exisiting medical condition and I'll show you a one-in-10 million 82 year old.

Do you really think Mitt and Paul have thought this through?

Better yet, has anyone who thinks Romney/Ryan has got the answer thought it through?

Doesn't any of this concern any of you?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 8 / -8

Prepare to reap the whirlwind from the resident know-nothings for the sin of actual research and intellect.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

........................................... :scared: ........

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

5. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Haven't posted much here but does anyone else find it strange that a Husband and Wife are posting to each other?

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Yes, several people have found it strange.

Could it be because they (and you) are only familiar with marriages where the spouses pursue different interests, have nothing whatsoever in common and don't communicate with one another unless they absolutely have to?

That being said, did you have something to add to the thread topic or are you content with trying to derail what should be of interest to anyone who, regardless of their age, plans on retiring someday?

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

That is probably worth 1/3 of a demerit..

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Why did Jug Ears take all that money out of Medicare?

9. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL her whole post is conjecture without any actual research and intellect...

10. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stranger that it's the same person posing as husband and wife posting to each other...

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Hi, my name is Larry, my brother is Harry, Harry is always right that's why I don't post anything.
    Regards
    Larry

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I'm glad you asked, Harry.

It went into the part of Obamacare which now permits seniors, such as yourself and your spouse, to obtain, free of co-pay, yearly phsyical exams, pap smear, breast exam for your spouse, prostate exam for yourself, mammograms and colonoscopies.

A comprehensive list is included here:

Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act | HealthCare.gov

It also closes the infamous "donut hole," saving more than a million seniors an average of $629 on their drug bills in the first half of this year alone.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/106213/obamacare-raiding-medicare-romney-ryan-donut-hole-drug-wellnes

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Interesting, yesterday I got mocked for doing research - today I get mocked for not doing research.

Yes, I asked a few questions - I asked them because they don't have answers from Romney or Ryan yet. I think they need to be answered before people can make an informed decision. Are you not the least bit curious?

What part do you think need "research," Khayos? What part do you disagree with?

The part that says Ryan will take the second highest bidder and take a yearly bid?

Here ya go, straight from Breitbart, so I know you won't question it.

Paul Ryan's Plan: Better for Seniors than Obama's

Or do you disbelieve the part where Romney + Ryan will repeal Obamacare, which contains the law which mandates health care coveage for people with pre-existing conditions?

Frankly, I'm at bit surprised you haven't heard that one - but here you go -

Ask a Think Tank: Romney’s plan to repeal ‘Obamacare’ on day one - Think Tanked - The Washington Post

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Please, khayos, are you sure you're not projecting some other, perhaps more personal, aspect of your own married life into your preoccupation with my posting life?

15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +567 / 8 / -8

Only one way to find out :)

16. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +567 / 8 / -8

Okay, let's see what the "contest" guy thinks of Khayos' and Charlotte's coordinated attack...

As to the substance of the Mrs.' post, it would be interesting to see some argument to the contrary.

Looks like you guys are out of ammo on that count. "Why are you married?" is not a very persuasive counter.

Fail better.

PFnV

17. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's no attack here, just conjecture.

18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Y'all know that post I made in the other thread about what happens when a strong, decisive leader like Paul Ryan steps up and proposes a plan we NEED to save our country? You how I said that strong, decisive leadership is met with nothing but hate and venom from the left?

Ya, this is what I was talking about.

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

If you can read "hate and venom" in three little questions - without being able to answer even one of those three questions, that plan you're defending can't be so "strong and decisive," can it?

But don't feel bad, apparently no one can answer those questions since everyone's pretty busy doing that tell-all deflect and attack instead of coming up with anything the least bit valuable.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The questions were so stupid I thought they were rhetorical. I apologize for misinterpreting. Since you're so hung up on getting answers, please let me provide.
    Yes I do.
    Yes we have.
    What concerns me are the people like you who are dead set on doing anything and everything you can to prevent legislation with a common sense solution on this matter from advancing.

It's tough to take benefits away from our future seniors. But if we don't do so, the whole system will be bankrupt, and then nobody will get anything.

I answered your questions, now please answer one of mine: Do you think we should raise the age, or leave it at 65?