PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

About that Jon Lester character...

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
10 Ks, 1 ER after 6 innings... ah, maybe has a future in baseball? Huh.

PFnV

re

Thank God we held on to him in the Becket deal...

This one's a keeper!!

Looking forward to the Lester, Papelbon, and Hansen era.

Whatever happened to Cla Meredith???

GJAJ15 said:
Whatever happened to Cla Meredith???
He was included in the deal to get Mirabelli back.

PatsFanInVa said:
10 Ks, 1 ER after 6 innings... ah, maybe has a future in baseball? Huh.

PFnV

He had a pretty decent start last Friday, as well. . .
06/16 @ATL 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K

Looks like his confidence is growing with every game.

Check back with you after today's start -- woohoo!

Lester is someone who many teams believe will be a multiple Cy Young award winner.

Very shakey today but the ball is falling right for them right now. He made some tough pitches when he needed to and thats something he can build on. A win is a win. You can't really expect consistancy from an inexperienced young pitcher like him but he will consistantly improve. He's real and if he stays healthy he's gonna be alot of fun to watch for a long time.

The rookie had some early control problems and then was fortunate to load the bases in the 2nd inning. The bases were loaded and he got a short fly to right and then an infield popup. He changed at that point and seemed boosted by the pressure. A ground ball got im out of the inning with no runs.

I said to my son that sometimes a bad situation is helpfull to an athlete. Like we have seen in Brady so many times. That extra pressure puts special athletes into that tunnel of theirs...Lester appears to be very special as he has that mentality needed for success.

14/15 in their last 15 is pretty darn good....4 1/2 up on the Wankers going into their game today....time for some BBQ for the guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
finally the fruits of Theo's arrival are being harvested. 2004, like the Patriots 2001 season, was something slapped together in the present. But the real work of a GM is developing a scouting and minor league system. this is the first time since the early 80's (Hurst,Nipper,Ojeda,Boyd,Clemens,Tudor) the Red Sox are grooming their own pitching. What a future!

I don't think there's any doubt of that, between Lester and Little Papi. I finally really believe when the Sox are winning ballgames, that something can come of it.

PFnV

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back