PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

About that ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriplecHamp

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...chdown-ball/0xQvKcABlQFHSWaS7OPHVJ/story.html

Amendola said if he caught #400 he'd give the ball to Brady. Instead, he gave it to a fan. Looks like a stadium staffer got it back.

“I don’t care,” Brady told reporters. “It’s just a ball. But I had a lot of fun. Danny can do whatever he wants, he made a great catch.”

It was basically just another TD on the field, everybody knew its significance, Bill quietly shook his hand on the sideline and that was pretty much it. On to the next play.

It will never come out but I think this is the subtlest of shots at Peyton and they way the celebrate his individual achievements. Amendola tossing that ball to a fan couldn't have been an accident.

Gannon gave a pretty big dig at Manning. Did you guys hear him say something like "Brady won't have a big celebration on the field like you see with other QBs."

Yup - - Gannon really made a not-so-veiled shot at Manning with that.

Gannon can be quite biting with his commentary.

.....and I loved it.

It was well done, all across the board.

Nicest thing was that Brady didn't get stiffed on high-fives or bro hugs afterward.

Belichick prolly said something to the team beforehand, while Brady was out of the room....... :rolleyes:

You can tell that Brady didn't give a crap about that Ball. Unlike Manning and that stupid pre scripted act, Brady just went on the business as usual route.

I want that ball found and tested asap. Why is it we are not hearing about the most important integrity of the game issue in almost a century?!? I demand the league jump into action immediately. For the children.

Brady may not have wanted that ball, but I think it should go to the Pats HOF. Screw the NFL.. :D

Amendola said he forgot but that they got the ball back

Yup - - Gannon really made a not-so-veiled shot at Manning with that.

Gannon can be quite biting with his commentary.

.....and I loved it.

Besides the final score that was my favorite part of the game. They laid on "a certain quarterback".

Also, we're all assuming it was Manning, lets not forget that the Saints stopped the game for Brees breaking Marino's yardage record, Brady also broke it that season and carried on like nothing.

Manning had games stopped for yardage and TD's. Wonder if they'll stop it when he passes Favre on INT's, too.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...chdown-ball/0xQvKcABlQFHSWaS7OPHVJ/story.html

It was basically just another TD on the field, everybody knew its significance, Bill quietly shook his hand on the sideline and that was pretty much it. On to the next play.

It will never come out but I think this is the subtlest of shots at Peyton and they way the celebrate his individual achievements. Amendola tossing that ball to a fan couldn't have been an accident.

Agreed. Also in his post-game presser, when grilled about personal accolades, he gave the standard Belichickian reply, "We're 3-0. Onto the bye week."

It was well done, all across the board.

Nicest thing was that Brady didn't get stiffed on high-fives or bro hugs afterward.

Belichick prolly said something to the team beforehand, while Brady was out of the room....... :rolleyes:

Holy ****, I never thought of that. Imagine everyone just ignoring Brady after #400. That would have been amaaaaaaaazing.

Told you guys who were freaking out that he probably didn't care. I highly doubt he was digging a dig at Peyton, I think you guys are digging too deep.

but somehow a majority of people will see this as a negative

Who wants #400? From the standpoint of value, surely #500 will be worth more. :D

National and local tv broadcasts where I am hardly said anything about #400 and barely showed any game highlights as well. NFL network and ESPN barely touched on it. They also shied away from the Colts game but have been showing plenty of the Broncos game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots