Welcome to PatsFans.com

About Politicians by J D Pendry

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by bmf31c, Jan 18, 2006.

1. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

About Politicians

J. D. Pendry

A statesman is a politician who places himself at the service of the nation. A politician is a statesman who places the nation at his service. –George Pompidou

Grandpa Johnny sometimes preached fiery sermons, although the clergy was neither his trade nor calling. He smoked roll your own Prince Albert cigarettes and drove a 1952 Chevy coupe, usually about 35 miles per hour. The only paternal Grandparent I knew wasn’t fond of politicians, or more rightly said their behavior. He never explained why he didn’t care for them or why he often spoke unkindly about the profession. I suppose it was something we were to figure out on our own.

The first thing I question about politicians is what motivates them. At first, I believe most of them set out to do good. They have visions of service and of a better country with desire to provide one and ideas about how achieve the other. They work to serve then learn that there are other maybe more attractive reasons they might want to stay in politics – fame, privilege, power among them. Some set out to do it because of their social status. Unfortunately, their wealth, family names and alleged education at prestigious sounding institutions failed to make them smart or competent enough to do any other job. So, they turned politics into the family business.

If you want to read the rest...
    http://www.geocities.com/jdpendry/AboutPoliticians.htm