Welcome to PatsFans.com

Abortion Clinic Throws out Baby born alive

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Feb 5, 2009.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +260 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion : 24 Hour Breaking News : The Buffalo News

Warning: This is some pretty sick stuff...

Eighteen and pregnant, Sycloria Williams went to an abortion clinic outside Miami and paid $1,200 for Dr. Pierre Jean-Jacque Renelique to terminate her 23-week pregnancy.

Three days later, she sat in a reclining chair, medicated to dilate her cervix and otherwise get her ready for the procedure.

Only Renelique didn't arrive in time. According to Williams and the Florida Department of Health, she went into labor and delivered a live baby girl.

What Williams and the Health Department say happened next has shocked people on both sides of the abortion debate: One of the clinic's owners, who has no medical license, cut the infant's umbilical cord. Williams says the woman placed the baby in a plastic biohazard bag and threw it out.

As I've said before, I think that Roe v Wade is horrible law, but I do not wish to ban abortions, but this is just sick....
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Animals, hope they get the death penality for this atrocity.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Find it interesting what you left out... seems that the issue is more about malpractice than just about abortions... this guy has a pretty bad track record...

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I don't want to sound insensative, but this woman went in there with the intention of killing her baby, and was in the process of having that done when she was born. The idea of her suing really bothers me. People in these situations should not be allowed to sue over the loss of the baby, since that is what they were there for, in the first place. Now, if the procedure did some sort of physical harm to her, the carrier, then sure, sue. If not, then as far as the mom is concerned, the result is what she paid for, a baby removed from her body.

From the baby's perspective, the ordeal should be investigated, to see if a crime was indeed comitted. If the baby was born alive, and tossed into a bio bag to die, then homocide isn't out of the question. Homocide, manslaughter, etc. I feel bad for the baby that lost it's life, without ever having a say in the matter. I don't feel bad for the woman who went in there to terminate that life. It reminds me of the abortion recipients who got upset over their fetus' being tossed in an alley dumpster. Please. You just had your baby killed, but how dare they throw the corpse into a dumpster.
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

When the baby was born and started breathing it also becomes MURSDER. How bout if someone threw an infant grandchild of you in the trash would YOU consider it malpractice or something more.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

I agree to an extent about the lawsuit OTOH it sounds as if the woman had a change of heart (or found her heart) when the baby was born....isn't this like when a woman decideds not to have sex doesn't no mean no when it comes to murdering a live child?
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Just a different method of abortion it seems to me. If you're OK with killing babies then starvation should be as good as mutilation.
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

:eek:
    Well at least the baby wasn't waterboarded or sent to Gitmo.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I totally understand that. It's why some people don't want potential abortion recipients to be provided with an ultrasound, when making up their minds. When a person actually sees the child, their mindset changes. However, she should have had her change of heart an hour sooner.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Not contesting the heinous of the act, just reading between the lines.. this guy had something like 4 complaints against him, even NOW thought the act was detestable.

This could be also about the malpractice of the doctor, who sounds like an underground kinda guy...

To prove murder they will have to prove that the child was alive.. might be a worthy cause, but this case will go on for a long time.
  11. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,087 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

12. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't know that its just that. I think a good lawyer would be able to push it to the point where they need to prove the baby would have survived. I imagine the survival rate of fetuses born at 23 weeks is not too good.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Good point, but without regard the actions of the doctor are agregious....
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sounds to me that Roe vs Wade's restrictions don't apply here. After around 12 weeks or so the state is entirely within its right to restrict Abortions unless the health of the mother is in question. There's not a peep about this pregnancy hurting the mother and I'm willing to bet that FL requires documentation of the pregnancy being harmful. Sounds to me like this is a doctor that needs and will go to jail. It also sounds like I'm about as qualified to be performing an abortion as this guy and that's sad 'cause I have a blood blister on my Pinky finger that I'm really not looking forward to lancing.
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Interesting. Obviously, assuming it's a live birth and he knew it, that's murder, and you prosecute for first degree murder. I don't know what element's missing for 1st degree. Maybe 2nd or something if there's something I don't get. I doubt it.

I find it interesting that the people so up-in-arms against abortion are all shrugging and saying "no big deal she came in to kill her baby what difference does it make."

Okay, here's the rule: if it's a birth, you can't kill it.

If it's a pregnancy, it's an abortion, which is a perfectly legal procedure.

What's so hard about that??? The fact that we have to draw a line somewhere, and birth is the natural place to draw it?

PFnV
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

If the accusation is true, then murder was committed. But does anyone think that if abortion was illegal, it would be safer? Abortion was legalized in part to bring the matter into the light of day so that these kinds of things would not happen under the radar.

Conservative abortion plan: Pass laws regulating women's rights over their own body.

Liberal abortion plan: Address the underlying socioeconomic and health issues that drive women to abortions.

I believe that many conservatives aren't really anti-abortion, even if they think they are. If they were, they would feel compelled to compromise with liberals and, to save a "baby's" life, support programs on sex education, programs that help single moms and their kids, etc. But, their unwillingness to budge on social issues tells me that abortion is their tool to control women and what they want to save, more than human life, is money.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

This was in the original article. The autopsy revealed that the baby's lungs had filled with air.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

So who said no big deal?
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

The irony of someone saying "save a baby's life" when they totally support it's termination. Too funny.

I think abortion should be left to the states to decide. If the people of MA want it, so be it. If the people of RI don't, so be it.
  20. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

But that's because you hate brown people AND women.

:)