PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Abiola Aborishade standing outside of Gillette Stadium for last month asking for a Tryout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something must be wrong. 7.62 3Cone is really slow. Can't be.

We now know what he should be doing in the parking lot while waiting for the big call. Hundreds a day.

I like his heart but let's face it..... looking good against Bridgewater State and looking good against Denver and Pittsburgh are entirely different things.

These guys are Division III. Not FBS, FCS or even D-II. They would get their asses kicked by a top state high school team.

BB wants guys who football is important to.

Well, football is important to this guy, and BB drives by him every day.

He'll get his tryout.

I hope so

Just saw this and while the kid has the right attitude, the agility numbers are scary and he may not be able to get open against NFL talent. However, it's unlikely that this kid had the training that many others do in the Short Shuttle and 3 Cone, which could explain the poor numbers..

I will say this. He needs to change his sign because there is one word there that turns BB off. Athlete. Change it to "Football Player". Know your audience.

I'm sure if he put "Can play Special Teams" on that sign, BB would snatch him up in a minute.

BTW, Re-read the sign.. Lower Right Corner as we look at it. Says "Special Teams".

BTW, Re-read the sign.. Lower Right Corner as we look at it. Says "Special Teams".

Ah. It does. Haha, I had to tilt my head a bit to read it...reminds me of those projects I used to do in the 6th grade where you paste all the newspaper clippings and write a summary. Hard to read but helpful.

I'm going to stand out front too... I got a schitload of vaca time I gotta take.. NFL ready body (sans beer gut) 6'2' 265 lots of reps of 225, gets winded after 3 flights of stairs......just needs defibrillator, IV, oxygen mask, and ambulance and my Parish Priest for last rights after 1 play

If he really wants to play football, he should drop everything and give the CFL a try first. Even Rudy had to do a couple years at Holy Cross.

Can't hurt to have some scouts or coaches give him a 30 minute workout

What does BB say??...

“We like to say that dependability is more important than ability” ..

Give him a shot, appease him and the masses...

BB wants guys who football is important to.

Well, football is important to this guy, and BB drives by him every day.

He'll get his tryout.

Umm not really. He drafted Easley in the first round despite Easley being on record saying he hated football

Gotta give this cat kudos for persistence.

BBF.jpg

If I were the team I wouldn't want to open the floodgates on the one in a million chance this guy is any good. You give this guy a try out and 31 cities across the country will have a gaggle of high school heros hanging outside the stadium parking lot.

I like his heart but let's face it..... looking good against Bridgewater State and looking good against Denver and Pittsburgh are entirely different things.

These guys are Division III. Not FBS, FCS or even D-II. They would get their asses kicked by a top state high school team.

Every once in a while there is a Fred Jackson, Cecil Shorts, or Pierre Garcon that can jump from D3 to the NFL. Not often, but it can happen. 10 D3 players were on NFL rosters last year.

That being said, UMass-Dartmouth doesn't strike me as having the talent of top D3 programs like Mount Union, Wisconsin Whitewater, or Mary Hardin-Baylor

NFL had open tryouts / combines before the draft ...
he should have paid the $275 and gave it a shot there was 5 of them.
Even if not selected I am sure the combines are an eye opening lesson for many and worth the $$$.

NFL Regional Combines

He needs to make his sign drive-by friendly without all the fine print. He needs a big headline easy to read at a glance and making his point. The PFW crew mentioned this guy on one of their shows and debated whether they should stop to talk to him.

he did attend a regional pro day in March 2015

1st team All-MASCAC Massachusetts-Dartmouth WR Abiola Aborishade measured 5'11.3, 189 pounds and ran a 4.53 and 4.54 in the 40. It wasn’t a bad workout as he put up a 1.57 10-yard, 34 inch vertical, 10’3 broad jump, 4.52 short shuttle, 12.15 60 shuttle, 7.62 3-cone, and did 10 reps. He had a 9 hand, 32 1/8 arm, and 76 ¾ wingspan.

Small School Pro Day Results

7.62 3-cone is molasses-slow, right?

Aborishade's numbers are in the Amendola range.

Amendola (5'10" - 189) ran a 4.58 40-yard dash and jumped 31.5" in the vertical leap. Amendola's 3-cone time was 6.81 seconds.

I'm shocked Rex hasn't called the guy to give him a tryout.. I thought he'd sniff anything related to the Patriots, including the parking lot.....
Edit-- sniff may not have been the best choice of words...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes