PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Abiola Aborishade standing outside of Gillette Stadium for last month asking for a Tryout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Our own personal Rudy. Belichick should at least employ him as an equipment guy and let him practice with the team.

BB wants guys who football is important to.

Well, football is important to this guy, and BB drives by him every day.

He'll get his tryout.

I would not mind a 1 day try out. Not like you can't fit him in.

Um, think it through. A tryout is OK, I guess. But every person who was uncle Rico in high school would hope to get discovered by hanging out in the Patriots parking lot.

Not that I'm opposed. Roster is 90 and sometimes there really is a diamond in the rough.

However I do not want any coaches spending 1 minute on what is a highly unlikely scenario. A tryout with a scout or whatever, is OK.

Maybe instead of standing there he can like do some sprinting, jumping and other kinds of drills to see if a player or coach sees something in him.

Funny story, but I doubt the Patriots want to encourage a whole mob of weirdos and kooky fans from doing the same thing. Aren't there any more official channels available to this guy for requesting a tryout other than standing outside in a parking lot holding a sign?

Could just be a waste of everyone's time.

Maybe instead of standing there he can like do some sprinting, jumping and other kinds of drills to see if a player or coach sees something in him.
Maybe he can rent a JUGS machine and show off.

Funny story, but I doubt the Patriots want to encourage a whole mob of weirdos and kooky fans from doing the same thing. Aren't there any more official channels available to this guy for requesting a tryout other than standing outside in a parking lot holding a sign?

he seems pretty good at making contested endzone catches.

Are you kidding? An "equipment guy" who practices with the team would mean loss of 2017 first rounder.

In that case, the Pats should fire his ass off the lot and have him trespassed.

Are you kidding? An "equipment guy" who practices with the team would mean loss of 2017 first rounder.
Not sure how much of the above is serious and how much is a joke, but yes, I would consider it a pretty serious violation of roster rules to call someone "an equipment guy" and then let him take part in practice. I can't imagine the union would be terribly happy about it either.

he did attend a regional pro day in March 2015

1st team All-MASCAC Massachusetts-Dartmouth WR Abiola Aborishade measured 5'11.3, 189 pounds and ran a 4.53 and 4.54 in the 40. It wasn’t a bad workout as he put up a 1.57 10-yard, 34 inch vertical, 10’3 broad jump, 4.52 short shuttle, 12.15 60 shuttle, 7.62 3-cone, and did 10 reps. He had a 9 hand, 32 1/8 arm, and 76 ¾ wingspan.

Small School Pro Day Results

7.62 3-cone is molasses-slow, right?

1st team All-MASCAC Massachusetts-Dartmouth WR Abiola Aborishade measured 5'11.3, 189 pounds and ran a 4.53 and 4.54 in the 40. It wasn’t a bad workout as he put up a 1.57 10-yard, 34 inch vertical, 10’3 broad jump, 4.52 short shuttle, 12.15 60 shuttle, 7.62 3-cone, and did 10 reps. He had a 9 hand, 32 1/8 arm, and 76 ¾ wingspan.

yikes. even tom brady had a 7.2 3-cone.

Well, there goes my dream. You don't think they'd be interested in a 52 yr old electrician? I'm getting tired of my job. I can can do 30 reps of 12 oz in 1 hr. And I can... uh , I guess that's about it. But man, I got heart

Attack :p

...playing the role of Meatloaf in Pats Club.

Something must be wrong. 7.62 3Cone is really slow. Can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back