Welcome to PatsFans.com

ABC: Obama Is Hypocritical For Limiting Wall Street Pay While Having A ‘Lavish Lifest

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obama's Perks: Private Jet, Chef, Tax-Free

Ladies and Gentelman.......I give you the next republican talking point.....

This dude is so fukin clueless, nowhere does he state that Obama never accepted Bailout $$...but that sbeside the point for such IN DEPTH reporting by Scott Mayerowitz of the ABC news Buisness Unit.

Obama's Perks: Private Jet, Chef Tax-Free
    The President Gets $400,000 a Year Plus Plenty of Freebies
    By SCOTT MAYEROWITZ
    ABC NEWS Business Unit
    Feb. 5, 2009—

America's CEOs are coming under fire these days not just for their hefty salaries but also for their use of private jets, limos with drivers and free trips to posh resorts.

But they aren't alone in living this lavish lifestyle -- the president of United States gets all these perks and more.

And unlike some of his Cabinet appointments, he doesn't have to pay taxes on these benefits.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Re: ABC: Obama Is Hypocritical For Limiting Wall Street Pay While Having A ‘Lavish Li

The CEOs of successful companies are more than welcome to keep their private Jets, limos and free trips to posh resorts.

However, but not the CEOs whose companies are asking for welfare!
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Re: ABC: Obama Is Hypocritical For Limiting Wall Street Pay While Having A ‘Lavish Li

As the noted philosopher Buggs Bunny would say "What a Maroon"
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just imagine the security you'd have to go through to fly commercially with the friggin' President on board. I'm sure it'd be a bit more in depth than just taking your shoes off. Even then you'd prolly spend the whole flight with a Secret Service agent's gun in your face trying not to breathe wrong.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The reality is that AF1 is a command and control center, and if there were ever to be a nuclear attack as Cheney has predicted he could not get back to DC readily.. whenever the Prez flies there are two planes like this flying.. it has nothing to do with a perk, but has to do with national security.

There was a real good program on this recently on National Geographic.. detailing how all this works along with the helicopter detail as well. It is very elaborate, but all is based on national security needs..
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I read this yesterday, and was trying to figure out how this writer even knows how to breathe. Seriously, WTF is he talking about? OBAMA IS THE FUARGING PRESIDENT YOU ARSEWIPE. Seriously, is this guy retahdid? I was actually shocked to find out that the president pays for his own groceries. I found that kinda amazing. Some people are just flat stoopid.

BTW, I 100% support the cap on CEO bonuses. I am totally opposed to the gubmit dictating private sector compensation mind you. In this case though, where companies took TARP, or tax payer money, they absolutely should be capped, and restricted. Anyone opposing this is an arsehole. If this were about business practices, related to actual business, then I might feel different. I might not want to tell BoA, or whomever, how to operate on a day-today basis for example. Here though, we're talking about money that is totally unrelated to that, as it is a bonus that does virtually nothing to help the company moving forward. It's a giveaway, and it won't happen with my money. I think this is terrific. Kudos to the CIC!
  7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Looks like Disney CEOs decided to publish an editorial defending their pay. Of course it's nonsense, but if you say stupid things frequently enough people will agree with it. See Rush Limbaugh.