Welcome to PatsFans.com

ABC news story: "Were the Mel Gibson Tapes Tampered With?"

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Jul 15, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -0

I'm not too shocked... I thought the the quality was too "good" too

That being said, there's not a whole lot of ways in which Gibsons statements could be taken out of context enough to make this better for him (assuming that's him!)
  3. DisgruntledTunaFan

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, I guess the question would be whether or not it's really him. Sounds like him to me, but one can never be sure. I wouldn't be suprised, though, given what he said when he was arrested for DUI. He seems to be quite the racist.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

If he makes a good movie, I'll still go see it. If Mike Vick can get a gig in the NFL, Mel Gibson should still make movies.
  6. DisgruntledTunaFan

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Or just very, very, extremely crazy in the head - I've known people over the course of my lifetime that spew out alot of racist comments, but they themselves have alot of good friends that are the same people that they spew their remarks about.

OTOH - there are those, like "America's Pastor" Rick Warren, for example, that do nothing but put on a SHOW to PLEASE everyone. Warren, before Obama's inauguration, commented, "Some of my BEST FRIENDS are gay". Seriously - if I or someone told you, "Some of my BEST FRIENDS are [whatever race, orientation, or religion fill in the blank]", wouldn't we come off as racist, homophobic, anti-semetic, or whatever? It just makes everything too obvious.
  7. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am somewhat surprised nobody is calling the woman out for making the tapes public. Also wondering why nobody finds it curious she is recording her phone calls. If she was that concerned, get a restraining order and don't take his phone calls. Seems like it may be a setup to me. All we heard was the 'juicy' portion - what happened prior to what we heard?
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

Apparently she released them because she was extorting him, and he somehow renegged on some agreement they made. There's a text, or emails that are supposed to come out, from her, that prove this. Mel Gibson won't get the Polanski treatment from either Hollywood, or the press. They don't like his kind. He couldn't get a movie produced, that ended up making hundreds of millions of dollars. The guy's a certifiable loon, but a talented one at that.
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He had one that could have made a hundred million but the studio screwed him over by not advertising it much...they would rather take the hit and barely break even on it than face the wrath of the press.