PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ABC edits Rolling Stones' 'lyric malfunction'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big believer that groups who were popular in the 60's should not be pancing and jiving around the stage when they are in their 60's.

One of the more unintentionally funny blurbs I've read in awhile. From the recap of past Super Bowl half time performances:

Super Bowl XXVII Jan. 31, 1993 Michael Jackson and 3,500 local children

PATSNUTme said:
I'm a big believer that groups who were popular in the 60's should not be pancing and jiving around the stage when they are in their 60's.

If you want to hear how good three 60-something year old relics from the 60's can play, I urge you to run to the store and pick up a copy of the Cream reunion shows last year at the Royal Albert Hall. Available on DVD or CD.

They do absolutely no strutting. They just play their butts off for a couple of hours worth of their classic blues songs. Clapton is literally on fire and Jack Bruce is a monster on bass. Ginger Baker looks better now than he did in his 20s.

Their playing is fresh. They are clearly having a ball. And, frankly, I think they sound better than they did 35 years ago. A little less frenetic, but tighter, jazzier, and more controlled. Probably the best live performance from a 3-piece power trio I've ever heard. Nothing "nostalgia act" about this one. This is as good as rock n' roll gets. The sound quality of the recordings are superb. Five stars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back