Welcome to PatsFans.com

ABC edits Rolling Stones' 'lyric malfunction'

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by broadwayjoe, Feb 6, 2006.

1. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm a big believer that groups who were popular in the 60's should not be pancing and jiving around the stage when they are in their 60's.

3. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

One of the more unintentionally funny blurbs I've read in awhile. From the recap of past Super Bowl half time performances:

4. hwc

hwc 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +372 / 39 / -20

If you want to hear how good three 60-something year old relics from the 60's can play, I urge you to run to the store and pick up a copy of the Cream reunion shows last year at the Royal Albert Hall. Available on DVD or CD.

They do absolutely no strutting. They just play their butts off for a couple of hours worth of their classic blues songs. Clapton is literally on fire and Jack Bruce is a monster on bass. Ginger Baker looks better now than he did in his 20s.

Their playing is fresh. They are clearly having a ball. And, frankly, I think they sound better than they did 35 years ago. A little less frenetic, but tighter, jazzier, and more controlled. Probably the best live performance from a 3-piece power trio I've ever heard. Nothing "nostalgia act" about this one. This is as good as rock n' roll gets. The sound quality of the recordings are superb. Five stars.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006