PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez will play for Patriots on Thanksgiving vs the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. I just hope he doesn't re-aggravate it for sake of these Jerks. Just not worth it. If he does, we will lose him for much longer on the long run.

Football players play football my friend. If he's healthy and it isn't pointless to have him out there, he'll be out there. His reaggravating it can't be helped if it does happen.

The last time he saw playing time was in Seattle.
He played the week after that against the Jets.

One of the local reporters (Bedard or SMY, I think) said that AHern had been held out the past couple of weeks against his wishes. I got the impression he thought he could play effectively but the Patriots were being ultra cautious so I am expecting to see an effective AHern.

I REALLY hope that this time around he is close to, or at 100%.

I'd rather him sit this game, and the next one if needed, as long as he is 100% against Hou and SF (and the playoffs for that matter).

I agree, but another way to look at is if we win this game and take one from the Dolphins we are pretty much guaranteed the division which gets us in the playoffs. The Houston game is important for a tie breaker if it comes down it. A loss to SF would suck, but wouldn't hurt us as bad in conference seeding. I just don't want any set backs. I wonder if the Gronk injury factored in this decision?

TE Aaron Hernandez has played 57 of 59 snaps tonight (including penalties). A sign that he is fully recovered from right ankle injury.

TE Aaron Hernandez has played 57 of 59 snaps tonight (including penalties). A sign that he is fully recovered from right ankle injury.

yeah...well, he LOOKED like he was about 3/4's speed with NO cutting ability on a few passes where he was isolated...and that penalty on the pushoff was a bad mental mistake...he HAD position already but just had to push off on that big mouthed Landry who was yapping like a mongo moron all game

Last edited:
yeah...well, he LOOKED like he was about 3/4's speed with NO cutting ability on a few passes where he was isolated...and that penalty on the pushoff was a bad mental mistake...he HAD position already but just had to push off on that big mouthed Landry who was yapping like a mongo moron all game

Hopefully it's just rust but he looked like he had a little hitch in his giddyup or almost a limp at times. Tens days between starts and another start against Miami will probably do him good.

Hopefully it's just rust but he looked like he had a little hitch in his giddyup or almost a limp at times. Tens days between starts and another start against Miami will probably do him good.

and this factual observation only serves to illustrate just how DEEP the offensive talent on this team is...and to be honest, I knew a little bit about Fells before the Pats signed him but seeing is believing...he is a quality offensive player...he made a catch and run in the 4th quarter that broke their will

If he was limping or had any issues with the ankle..he wouldn't have played. Hell from what we are hearing he was being held out against his will for caution. Chalk it up to rust for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots