PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez- Room for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly he is not 100%, but it seemed to me on a couple of those plays, he was more worried about whee the hit coming from then securing the ball.

That tells me that he played this game with a lack of courage.

Hopefully it goes away as he gets healthier.

What a poor choice of phrasing in an equally ridiculous thread...

I really wonder what alternate universe some of you occupy. This kid has been a bonefide star and playmaker to open the season, he suffered a grade 1 MCL injury that could have sidelined him for 4 weeks if not more, according to his HC he has busted his ass to rehab it and fought to get back on the field ASAP, he obviously had a little rust to knock off after not being able to play or practice fully for 2 weeks, he was wearing a knee brace to limit the potential for reinjury although he was likely subconsciously concerned as any player would be under the circumstances as to how the braced knee would perform at game speed and subject to live tackling.

There is a lot more room for improvement of the intelligence level of this message board than there is for Hernandez play.

What a poor choice of phrasing in an equally ridiculous thread...

I really wonder what alternate universe some of you occupy. This kid has been a bonefide star and playmaker to open the season, he suffered a grade 1 MCL injury that could have sidelined him for 4 weeks if not more, according to his HC he has busted his ass to rehab it and fought to get back on the field ASAP, he obviously had a little rust to knock off after not being able to play or practice fully for 2 weeks, he was wearing a knee brace to limit the potential for reinjury although he was likely subconsciously concerned as any player would be under the circumstances as to how the braced knee would perform at game speed and subject to live tackling.

There is a lot more room for improvement of the intelligence level of this message board than there is for Hernandez play.

I had a similar response upon reading his post. Lack of courage? What a load of garbage.

The man was running and catching the ball in triple coverage with a big brace on his knee for crying out loud :

lack of courage LACK OF COURAGE

:ugh:

I had a similar response upon reading his post. Lack of courage? What a load of garbage.

I actually hope that Aaron learns to go down (with a lack of courage) the way Branch and Moss do. Unless he's near the goal line, there's no point in him pulling a Gronk. He risks injury and a fumble every time he tries to shake and bake for a few extra yards.

I don't give a crap if you name him Captains Uncourageous and write a 1000 page neo-classic...as long as Hernando helps us win another Super Bowl...I'm good to go ....

now...back to "Picking Nits-The Post Patriots Game Tradition"...brought to you by Alky Seltzer...the newest juice with the boost for Tinfoil Hat Nation members everywhere.

I dont get why ocho wasnt given more opportunities..especially with hernandez less than 100%(and why risk further reinjury)...he seems to come out each game and make a couple nice catches from brady for first downs

for all the media/fans calls to "cut him" for his lack of production...its something to note the guy is the 3rd WR and gets around 20-30snaps a game in a heavy 2TE set...im sure if he got 60snaps and was targeted more often, he would have more catches/higher production

there will be games where Branch misses and Ocho will step up in the 2WR role..hes producing for us right now...and doing more than Edelman/slater/price have in that 3rd WR role..im looking for them to use the Bye week to carve out a role for Ocho as he seems more comfortable in the offense.

its interesting to ntoe that Hernandez comes back and Branch once again is productive...it seems that the 2 go hand in hand

Ocho's an offensive explosion waiting to happen! It's going to happen very soon.

Ocho's an offensive explosion waiting to happen! It's going to happen very soon.

I certainly hope you are right my friend. It would be a win win. Production for the pats and proving Andy Gresh and Mike Felger wrong. They've been ragging on those guy hard.

Except for a false start in the last game (it came on a hard count anyway), he has been in tune with this offense. His snap counts are still low, but I believe he will have a breakout game sooner or later.

Last edited:
Yes, the pass was dropped. But let's not act like it was a perfect pass. It was a duck from Brady that wobbled more than a 747 does on landing.. Not to mention that it was thrown way too hard..

Also, speaking from experience, it takes time to get used to that sort of knee brace. They are custom made and it takes time to get used to the feel of them. It's pretty much a guarantee that the didn't get it before wednesday of this week. So he'd have a couple of practices with it. Not nearly enough time to get used to it..

Give him until after the BYE and let's see where he's at.

Yup, the ball was far from a spiral. I think AH catches that ball if if wasnt wobbling from side to side.

It seems like hes not even on the team.

He must be going crazy not being in the media like he was in Cinci.

Yall have to remember that Hernandez is still only 21 years old.......

He stood up in front of his locker and said that he should have made that catch, what else (aside from him actually making that catch) would you want the guy to do??

He is still obvioulsy hurting, bbut toughed it out and played a pretty good game.

Hernandez will be a big time player for this team for a long, long, time to come....

Except for a false start in the last game (it came on a hard count anyway), he has been in tune with this offense. His snap counts are still low, but I believe he will have a breakout game sooner or later.

ya, I thought ocho in his limited snaps has produced...I think guys like Mike Reiss, Felger etc. are being hard on the guy to expect him to put up big numbers in 20-30snaps a game....I still think he will produce for us this year.

you also have to wonder what Belichick's idea for him was when he made the trade. the pats already had the #1 offense last year with 2 productive receivers in welker/Branch in a TE heavy set(who are essentially receivers as well)

is the plan to eventually have ocho take some of the pressure off of the TE's/Branch/welker so they arent "lit up" 6-7times a game leading to more chances of injury? as dynamic as Hernandez is, he seems to be injury prone so you may want to cut down his snaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back