PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez (role increasing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing to think that Hernandez is still only 20 (turns 21 in November), the youngest player in the NFL.

Twitter / Michael Signora: NE TE Aaron Hernandez (20) ...

Watching him play, he doesn't look like a 20-ear-old.

I have made it a habit of white player jerseys/ shirts. I only have Welker jersey and shirt, my own jersey w/ 88,

white Wes Welker (Fitzy shirt)

I may have to break my cardinal rule for Hernandez.

I can be Hispanic for a day or so:)

it will be a tight Jersey race between Him and Gronkowski.

Not racist..... I am white. Is it not awkward wearing (for example wearing an African American jersey if you are caucasian??? Yes I realize he is Hispanic..... My rule might be broken:)

^^^ (just an example):)

dont get offended I mean nothing by it.... just speculating and fishing for feedback:)

edit- Youngest in NFL?? Really?

Last edited:
I have made it a habit of white player jerseys/ shirts. I only have Welker jersey and shirt, my own jersey w/ 88,

Not racist..... I am white. Is it not awkward wearing (for example wearing an African American jersey if you are caucasian??? Yes I realize he is Hispanic..... My rule might be broken:)

dont get offended I mean nothing by it.... just speculating and fishing for feedback:)

Just my opinion but ...

I never noticed players had different skin tones.

epic_fail.jpg

Last edited:
So you agreeing with me saying you better off rotating alge and gronk who are used to blocking and having been asked to due to this more. remember all TC and pregame hernandez runs routes with WR .Suddenly you cannot ask him to convert to do pick up blitz

Not entirely what I was saying, I'll try to word it better.

I don't think any of the tight ends would necessarily be good as blitz pickup guys in the back field, at least not in a role that Faulk played. I try to look at a formation and visualize how many different things a player at a position can do. For example, we'll look at a shotgun formation that has 4 wide and 1 guy in the backfield next to Brady:

Faulk: Draw play run, pass out to the flat, delayed route after block/chip, stay in for blitz pickup, motion out to create 5 "WR". And he could do all those things very well.

Hernandez: Stay in for blitz pickup, motion out, pass to the flat, delayed route. Can't imagine him running a great draw, and even amongst those other things, we don't know if he has the blitz pickup instinct yet.

Gronk: Essentially the same as Hernandez (for positives and negatives), except he probably doesn't have as great a variety of routes he can run out of that position. Conversely, he provides a more impact block if it comes to that (again, assuming he can develop some blitz instinct, which we just don't know).

Morris: Can basically do everything Faulk can do, just not nearly as well.

So the decision becomes, do we play someone who can do some things very effectively (one of the TE's) but doesn't provide as much variety and deception? Or do we go with someone like Morris who can provide all the roles Faulk did and make it difficult to gameplan against, yet not run any one play as effective as one of the young guys might.

It's a tough call really. It will be interesting to see going forward.

My opinion is that it is racist. You're making a decision based purely on the ethnicity of the player... that's essentially the definition of racist.

FacePalm.jpg

I wanted to get my father a Tate jersey..... he has no jersey.....

the line he gave is not appropriate for this board.

FYI- Hernandez is leading the contest

I just hope he does not change his # to 81 when Moss is gone.

I like 85 and 81.... but still I would be mad if he switched:mad:.

Just my opinion but ...

I never noticed players had different skin tones.

Are you serious? If you've never noticed that have you noticed different heights of players, what about fat guys as opposed to skinny guys?

If you seriously never noticed different skin tones of players please don't ever drive a car as you're obviously incapable of telling a red light from a green one.

I'm not saying I agree with the previous poster's jersey buying classification system but to say you cannot tell if Welker has lighter skin than Darius Butler is as absurd as saying you cannot distinguish between the blue Pats jerseys from the white ones.

My opinion is that it is racist. You're making a decision based purely on the ethnicity of the player... that's essentially the definition of racist.

I hope he is trolling/race baiting because Welker doesn't deserve a racist wearing his jersey.

I have made it a habit of white player jerseys/ shirts.

I only have Welker jersey and shirt, my own jersey w/ 88,

"I Approve of this Message" ~ AH

adolf-hitler.jpg

I derailed the thread with my feed back question

Let us get back to the Hernandez love.

for you Faulk fanatics who are looking at the situation so myopically let me enlighten you:)

Faulk out
-----------------
-will lead to more sets and TE formations that will have the TE getting the ball much more frequently. This will create mismatches and defensive instability

-TFB has to rely on other targets and Faulk was frequently involved, much like Moss is. Losing 1 main target will force Brady to find other options-

need I continue? I liked Faulk and it is a shame that he got a severe injury..... but do not look at the injury as a significant loss. Do not give me that BS leader line.

We will grow as an offense when Brady goes to other targets. Moss isw another story..... but that is for a different thread, but the premise for both arguments are essentially the same.

Back to the thread gentleman and ladies.... I apologize if my question offended anybody.

The glass is half full..... not half empty. :)
-good day

Last edited:
"I have made it a habit of white player jerseys/shirts."

~ Adolf SchickleGruber

adolf_funny_rabbit_ears_The_funny_side_to_Hitler-s550x426-22859-580.jpg

"I have made it a habit of white player jerseys/shirts."

~ Adolf SchickleGruber

adolf_funny_rabbit_ears_The_funny_side_to_Hitler-s550x426-22859-580.jpg

I can certainly understand the need to trash others to make yourself feel superior but I'm wondering who is made worse off for his jersey buying practices? Do you or anyone else incur any kind of cost or injury because he buys a Welker jersey as opposed to a Moss jersey, even if his decision is based off of skin color instead of a coin flip?

He hurts no one by only buying jerseys of white players, so don't go comparing him to someone who actually did hurt millions, all you're doing is showing that you're 100x dumber than you think he is.

Get a life.

I can certainly understand the need to trash others to make yourself feel superior but I'm wondering who is made worse off for his jersey buying practices? Do you or anyone else incur any kind of cost or injury because he buys a Welker jersey as opposed to a Moss jersey, even if his decision is based off of skin color instead of a coin flip?

He hurts no one by only buying jerseys of white players, so don't go comparing him to someone who actually did hurt millions, all you're doing is showing that you're 100x dumber than you think he is.

Get a life.

Racism deserves to be ridiculed with internet pictures and verbal typed attacks.

"I am white. Is it not awkward wearing (for example wearing) an African American jersey if you are caucasian???"

~ We Approve of this Message

ku+klux+klan

Just BUSTIN'm, boys!! :D

OTG, the Political Discussion forum is the customary place for calling people Nazis. You may want to spend some time over there if you really want to get it off your chest.

"I am white. Is it not awkward wearing (for example wearing) an African American jersey if you are caucasian???"

~ We Approve of this Message

ku+klux+klan

Racism deserves to be ridiculed with internet pictures and verbal typed attacks.

Usually this forum reserves those tactics for more important matters like pointing out ideas or opinions that reflect hall-of-fame stupidity.

Well SAID, sir!! :cool:

I'm not saying WHITE Wes Welker is a racist or is NOT...I'm just busting BALLS, boys!! And it IS called for!! :D

I'm done, though: Carrion. ;)

If you want to ridicule him go ahead but to compare him to Hitler or the Klan is absurd, as far as we know his actions go no further than jersey buying habits, making Hitler/Klan comparisons actually lessens and cheapens the terrible actions committed by Hitler and the Klan.

I can certainly understand the need to trash others to make yourself feel superior

And you've missed the point. Does it ever occur to anyone that perhaps an opinion is trashed because the opinion IS trash? Not wanting to buy a jersey because the player is black is... is... for god's sake, why do I even have to explain this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes