PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez found guilty of first-degree murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with eye for an eye, and any sane person would see that. I'm sure you would be more then happy to go over and talk with groups like ISIS and Boko Haram and talk about their feelings, and explain to them that what they are doing is wrong and has no place in modern society. I'm sure that discussion will result in then realizing the error in their ways ;)

In teh real world. the one I live in, and the one that you pretend is just a grim fairy tale story. Some people are broken beyond repair. But you don't care. you are the type of person that would rather try and cure foot cancer with holistic medicen, and later die, as opposed to just lopping off the foot and going on with your life.

Regarding the cost again, That horse and pony show needs to stop. endless appeals, no thanks. Give them one appeal that's it.
From questioning the death penalty to association with savage Islamic terrorist groups is quite a leap. There are cases where I'm OK with the death penalty, but my reservations with it arise when I feel it becomes likely that it will supply the recipient with martyrdom. Screw that.

It has nothing to do with eye for an eye, and any sane person would see that. I'm sure you would be more then happy to go over and talk with groups like ISIS and Boko Haram and talk about their feelings, and explain to them that what they are doing is wrong and has no place in modern society. I'm sure that discussion will result in then realizing the error in their ways ;)

In teh real world. the one I live in, and the one that you pretend is just a grim fairy tale story. Some people are broken beyond repair. But you don't care. you are the type of person that would rather try and cure foot cancer with holistic medicen, and later die, as opposed to just lopping off the foot and going on with your life.

Regarding the cost again, That horse and pony show needs to stop. endless appeals, no thanks. Give them one appeal that's it.
So you would rather have a bunch of innocent people killed than a bunch of murderers sitting in prison where they can't do any harm? That sounds like killing for the hell of it. Like choping of your foot as soon as you feel some pain in it, because it might spread to the rest of the body, but without taking the time to actually check it out.

Are there any good documentaries online regarding the case?

From questioning the death penalty to association with savage Islamic terrorist groups is quite a leap. There are cases where I'm OK with the death penalty, but my reservations with it arise when I feel it becomes likely that it will supply the recipient with martyrdom. Screw that.

Almost as big of a leap as changing what i said "You going over to explain to them that what they are doing is wrong" into "associating with islamic terrorist groups" I would put aaron hernandez in the same category as ISIS.

Martyrdom, the tool the the leaders of religion use to convince those foolish enough to believe in religion that its a good idea to get yourself killed to rally the rest of the fools.

Almost as big of a leap as changing what i said "You going over to explain to them that what they are doing is wrong" into "associating with islamic terrorist groups" I would put aaron hernandez in the same category as ISIS.

Martyrdom, the tool the the leaders of religion use to convince those foolish enough to believe in religion that its a good idea to get yourself killed to rally the rest of the fools.
You conveniently omitted your original "...talk with (terrorist) groups about their feelings...", a clear suggestion that the poster to whom you were replying is weak. Nice try...

You conveniently omitted your original "...talk with (terrorist) groups about their feelings...", a clear suggestion that the poster to whom you were replying is weak. Nice try...

right, talk to them about their feelings and tell them they are wrong. Just like prisoners serving life sentences. hoping to make them not the vicious killers that got them locked up in the first place. I stand by what i said.

Anyone else think Hernandez's defense team made a huge gaffe by not having AH testify? The circumstantial evidence was piled against him; there was no way he was going to get off based on the evidence unless he gave some kind of story of what happened during the shooting. Could have said almost anything; could have just simply said that one of his accomplices pulled the trigger, and there would have been little the prosecutor could have done to disprove it. The reward far outweighed the risk of having the defendant testify. He couldn't have looked any more guilty on the circumstantial evidence, so it wouldn't have mattered if he had just admitted all of his involvement up until the shooting. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but I think his attorneys badly misjudged this one.

Accurate but not totally.

While certainly not deserving to die, it is rumored that Odin Lloyd was a up and coming large-scale marijuana dealer. It is reported that he was popped b/c AH was afraid that he would talk about the double murder but there has to be more to it.

This "rumor" started with Hernandez' fiance. Not the most reliable source.

As for Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado...who knows why AH wacked them in their BMW but The Cure lounge isn't exactly where choir boys hang out. Popping them for an argument/spilled drink is way too convenient of a motive. I think there is more than that. A territory dispute is another rumor that's been speculated..

That's wild speculation. In both cases, I would not believe the hype.

Hernandez also shot his best friend in the eye. The simplest explanation is that the man is a faux gangster with some screws loose.

This "rumor" started with Hernandez' fiance. Not the most reliable source. That's wild speculation. In both cases, I would not believe the hype.

Its what we know. We know that Lloyd wasn't exactly rich. Was he just starting out his drug dealing? Dont know. We can choose to dismiss her statements or not. People have refuted her statements. I hate to trample on the guy's grave but he hung out with some bad seeds.

Hernandez also shot his best friend in the eye. The simplest explanation is that the man is a faux gangster with some screws loose.

Bradley was was a friend but more like his dealer. If you believe that AH was hooked on angel dust than maybe he was a gangsta wanna-be but the fact is that he hung out with drug dealers and gangstas and his apt had scales and dishes in a safe. Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace both have rap sheets as well. Possibly the "muscle".

Its what we know. We know that Lloyd wasn't exactly rich. Was he just starting out his drug dealing? Dont know. We can choose to dismiss her statements or not. People have refuted her statements. I hate to trample on the guy's grave but he hung out with some bad seeds.

Hung out with some bad seeds? If Lloyd didn't know Hernandez was a nutcase, he's in good company. Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, and the Boston police who investigated the double homicide in Boston were all fooled.

If liking marijuana makes him a hard criminal, then someone go to some suburban high schools right now and round up probably 60% of those kids.

You are trampling on the guy's grave. What information now is the most information we are going to get. There was just an entire trial about his death. AFAIK, nothing legitimate was established about him being a drug dealer, a criminal, a bad guy, or anything. I don't think it's fair to assume anything about the man.

Last edited:
Hung out with some bad seeds? If Lloyd didn't know Hernandez was a nutcase, he's in good company. Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, and the Boston police who investigated the double homicide in Boston were all fooled.

If liking marijuana makes him a hard criminal, then someone go to some suburban high schools right now and round up probably 60% of those kids.

But you are trampling on the guy's grave. What information now is the most information we are going to get. There was just an entire trial about his death. AFAIK, nothing legitimate was established about him being a drug dealer, a criminal, a bad guy, or anything. I don't think it's fair to assume anything about the man.

I think the upcoming double murder trial will clarify this. If Lloyd participated in it then it's a very different story. I agree it is unfair to tar him with supposition now but if he was riding shotgun for the drive by then it would be hard to generate much sympathy for him even given the execution style slaying of him. Either way Hernandez is a cold blooded psychopath who belongs behind bars for life.

I think there are a few levels to that statement. There is how AH behaved in front of Kraft, BB and TB and people in his inner-circle. We don't know what Lloyd hung out with AH but it is alleged that he was killed b/c he talked about the double murder w/ people and AH did not approve.

Not liking- dealing. It's still a crime.

You are trampling on the guy's grave. What information now is the most information we are going to get. There was just an entire trial about his death. AFAIK, nothing legitimate was established about him being a drug dealer, a criminal, a bad guy, or anything. I don't think it's fair to assume anything about the man.

She gave a statement to police. Why would she make that up?

I think the upcoming double murder trial will clarify this. If Lloyd participated in it then it's a very different story. I agree it is unfair to tar him with supposition now but if he was riding shotgun for the drive by then it would be hard to generate much sympathy for him even given the execution style slaying of him. Either way Hernandez is a cold blooded psychopath who belongs behind bars for life.
Unless it's discovered that he committed multiple murders i'll always sympathy for Lloyd.

To your point he was undeservingly murdered in cold blood by a sociopath. That does not change.

The question is how deep was Lloyd involved in AH's twisted, so-called gangsta life and how much of a gangsta was AH.

Yep, people act precisely the same in front of close friends as they do in front of their employers...

I think there are a few levels to that statement. There is how AH behaved in front of Kraft, BB and TB and people in his inner-circle. We don't know what Lloyd hung out with AH but it is alleged that he was killed b/c he talked about the double murder w/ people and AH did not approve.

Alleged, we'll find out if there is any truth to that, or what truth it is.

Obviously AH is going to behave differently in front of Kraft, BB, & TB. But there's just as big a leap between smoking weed and murdering people. Until if and when we know more about Odin Lloyd, Hernandez, etc., it's completely inappropriate to generalize Lloyd simply because he smoked pot with Hernandez.

The point is - Hernandez was clearly pretty adept at making people think he was one thing when he wasn't. I don't know why we would assume Lloyd knew he was a cold-blooded killer and that the two were two up and coming gangstas. That's a huge leap. More likely, Aaron Hernandez was f**king nuts and nobody knew it because he put on a charismatic, likable front. AKA, a sociopath.

You're completely mangling my point.
If "mangling your point" means shining light on the flaws of it, then I agree with you. You compared Lloyd's (a guy who frequently parties with Hernandez till the morning) perspective, with with the perception of his employers. That is garbage at best.

If "mangling your point" means shining light on the flaws of it, then I agree with you. You compared Lloyd's (a guy who frequently parties with Hernandez till the morning) perspective, with with the perception of his employers. That is garbage at best.

Sure, but last I checked, Odin Lloyd had not murdered anyone with Aaron Hernandez. So until those two engaged in that behavior together, why should we hold Odin Lloyd to a higher standard than Hernandez' employees? Everyone I mentioned was damn well aware that Hernandez liked to smoke weed and party.

The point was, until there is proof that Odin Lloyd engaged in criminal activity (marijuana aside) with Aaron Hernandez, there is no reason for us to expect he either was aware or or partook in said criminal activity. Why wouldn't he expect, as everybody else around Hernandez did, that he was just another football player who liked smoking weed, chasing skirts and hitting clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots