PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Bristol is only 15-20 mins (depending on where in Bristol) away from Hartford. He could have been more involved over there than in Bristol.

And only another 15 mins from the crap hole called New Britain.

Well, this is the first thing I've seen that actually starts to make sense of some of this. Guy has a new family, genuinely believes people are out to get him, invests in crazy security and gets a bunch of guns. Sees a guy he thinks is a friend talking to the people he thinks are after him, and so he starts to get crazy about it.

Paranoia is a real thing. I don't think it's going to be much of a defense if it's what he goes with unless he's got some documented history of actually being crazy. But at least it starts to put a little more meat on the bones of the narrative.

Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 14m
BREAKING: According to law source Aaron Hernandez under investigation for possible connection to 2012 double murder in Boston

Holy crap.

Make it stop, please!!!!!

This is......forget it, don't have any words. But I will say this....yesterday as this was all crashing down, a quick thought occurred to me...."I wonder if he's ever done anything else like this?" It is not the type of situation you tend to only find yourself in once, when you live the life and keep the company he keeps.

Makes more sense than he killed Lloyd just because he was talking to people he didn't like. But he could have hired a security firm to protect him 24/7. He had enough money.

Also, if he was so afraid that people were looking to kill him, why was he going to places where gang members are known to congregate. If you are afraid your former gang associates are looking to kill you, then don't go to nightclubs where they hang out.

I wonder if this is his lawyers leaking info that they will be using for his defense. They may argue self defense and that Hernandez had to kill Lloyd before Lloyd killed him.

Does anyone know how the NFL suspensions work with this? Can Goodell give Hernandez a lifetime/year ban now or does he have to wait for the whole trial/verdict?

Thinking back to some others, most notably Pacman Jones, no - Goodell does not have to wait for a trial or verdict.

Going back to Roethlisberger, the player can be found not guilty and he can still impose a suspension.

Now he is being investigated in another murder...

Source: Hernandez investigated in Boston double-killing - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned exclusively that investigators are looking into Aaron Hernandez as a possible suspect in a double murder that happened on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston.

According to the Boston Police blog from that date, officers responded to the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street just after 2 a.m. When they arrived, they found three people had been shot, two fatally, as they sat in a car at a traffic light.

The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area.

Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of the vehicle when witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire on it. The surviving victim was in the back seat. Investigators believed two others in the car fled the scene.

Well, this is the first thing I've seen that actually starts to make sense of some of this. Guy has a new family, genuinely believes people are out to get him, invests in crazy security and gets a bunch of guns. Sees a guy he thinks is a friend talking to the people he thinks are after him, and so he starts to get crazy about it.

Paranoia is a real thing. I don't think it's going to be much of a defense if it's what he goes with unless he's got some documented history of actually being crazy. But at least it starts to put a little more meat on the bones of the narrative.

It answers the "why the heck would he have 14 cameras in his house" question. It provides a stronger motive.

Either way though, this guy belongs no where near our team.

Please. A broken clock is right twice every day. You don't know Hernandez personally, and you were not there, unless you are presently one of the other two guys identified. Most of what I read in the 2000+ posts, that were not saying Hernandez was guilty because the media said it, seemed to suggest that facts were not out, so don't jump to convict the guy on scattered and inconsistent media reports. Try not to celebrate the fact that you fell on correct, if you actually are in the end, or possessed some great insight, when you rushed to judgment on limited facts that did not necessarily prove anything. Actual police officer, lawyers and judges tend to need the evidence that would not be available at the time of initial report, because the good versions of those professionals understand that one bit of information can change a theory for better or worse. But what do they know? You have the news and media theories, so you must know better than they do.

In the real world of investigations and criminal charges, the fact a person is a suspect or even charged does not mean that person did it. It is the basic jury charge given by virtually all courts to try to avoid the stupidity of people 'knowing' what really happened with little or no information and offering verdicts on that basis. If your mind cannot wrap around that statement, and it is easier to simplify your life by not waiting for the full story because you cannot process information, then do what makes you happy. Most intelligent people in this world will wait for more information because they can handle the concept of closing their mouth and waiting for the actual facts to come out before rushing to judgment, because that represents a much sounder decision. And yes, it is equally ignorant to claim Hernandez didn't commit a crime based on the same limited information gleaned from the same limited facts generating television reports.

+1

Some people only make certitude statements on what they actually KNOW, not what they FEEL.

Others throw things out wildly without any real knowledge and then victory dance the 1 out of 10 times they were right.

As for me, I was in the "don't rush to judgement crowd". That's how I live my life. It's a free country and Borg can choose to differently.

I criticize posters on BOTH extremes - -the ones immediately saying he's guilty and the ones immediately saying he's innocent. Color me as one who relies on experts, not quacks.

Can't get any worse that life without parole which is his current destiny. Never understood the whole "8 consecutive life sentence" nonsense.

I look at this differently. I think the sentance is meant for the victims family and that it gives a message that the murder of that individual matters, even if the punushement is only symbolic. I know plenty of smart people who agree with you.

It is important that the police investigate and prosecute all homocides even if they believe the perpetrator is already serving a life sentance.

Makes more sense than he killed Lloyd just because he was talking to people he didn't like. But he could have hired a security firm to protect him 24/7. He had enough money.

Also, if he was so afraid that people were looking to kill him, why was he going to places where gang members are known to congregate. If you are afraid your former gang associates are looking to kill you, then don't go to nightclubs where they hang out.

I wonder if this is his lawyers leaking info that they will be using for his defense. They may argue self defense and that Hernandez had to kill Lloyd before Lloyd killed him.
Unless Lloyd had a gun or Hernandez has defensive wounds or there was some sign at all that the men struggled and Hernandez was in real, IMMEDIATE danger, they will lose, lose, lose every day and twice on Sunday.

Not at all confident that you can claim self defense because you anticipate someone might kill you...

Probably another way to suck Aaron dry...the guy is going to be dead broke before he knows it. With all the incriminating things he's already done neither Aaron or his Defense team has a prayer...sinking ship.

+1

Some people only make certitude statements on what they actually KNOW, not what they FEEL.

Others throw things out wildly without any real knowledge and then victory dance the 1 out of 10 times they were right.

As for me, I was in the "don't rush to judgement crowd". That's how I live my life. It's a free country and Borg can choose to differently.

I criticize posters on BOTH extremes - -the ones immediately saying he's guilty and the ones immediately saying he's innocent. Color me as one who relies on experts, not quacks.

Personally, I don't see what is to be gained at all by attacking our own fans.We're all supposed to be on the same side....the team's side. Granted, I didn't appreciate being told off for questioning Hernandez's judgement and character. But do I feel like gloating and doing a victory dance? Not really.

Also could have bought guns lawfully. Maybe not the large capacity weapons they found in his house in this state, but he still could have purchased a pretty heavy arsenal legally. Of course then there would be a record of him owning that type of weapon...

Not at all confident that you can claim self defense because you anticipate someone might kill you...

Probably not. In some states, though, it would permit you to get a jury instruction telling the jury they can convict you of voluntary manslaughter as a lesser included offense instead of murder.

Unless Lloyd had a gun or Hernandez has defensive wounds or there was some sign at all that the men struggled and Hernandez was in real, IMMEDIATE danger, they will lose, lose, lose every day and twice on Sunday.

We don't know what they are going to argue. All the other guys were seen with guns. So it is safe to believe Lloyd had a gun too. At least that is what they would argue if this is the route they are going.

It is also based on Hernandez's state of mind. If he truly believed he was in immenent danger, then he could be found innocent of self defense. It is doubtful a jury would believe this line of defense, but it might be Hernandez's only option.

Possibly they may argue not guilty by diminished mental capacity. Another Hail Mary, but they may argue that Hernandez was so afraid for his life that his paranoia was so great that he was unable to make rational or even sane decisions. Many of his actions post murder could support that claim.

Not saying I buy self defense or dimished mental capacity, but it might be the defense's strategy especially if the evidence has him dead to rights (excuse the expression) for the murder.

Probably another way to suck Aaron dry...the guy is going to be dead broke before he knows it. With all the incriminating things he's already done neither Aaron or his Defense team has a prayer...sinking ship.

I can't imagine he's all that worried about paying his mortgage from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes