PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter | Mass State Police

9:32 am
Aaron Hernandez currently being booked at N. Attleboro Police Station. Will be brought to Attleboro District Ct for arraignment.

9:33 am
We are not releasing the charge against Hernandez until it is presented to the court. Again, he will be arraigned in Attleboro Court today

9:33 am
Hernandez arrested at his home this morning shortly after MSP obtained arrest warrant.

9:34 am
@MassStatePolice What is he being charged with? This is public info right?
@ThePatriotWay
It is public information and will be made public at his arraignment today in Attleboro District Court.

9:35 am
@MassStatePolice What is/are the charge/s?
@karamat Charges will be announced at arraignment in Attleboro District Court.

9:38 am
@Nick_Underhill @MassStatePolice any idea of charge (s). Obstruction?
@danyajegede @Nick_Underhill Charges will be revealed at his arraignment in Attleboro District Court later today.​

Last edited:
Well, safe to say this is the worst week in Boston sports in some time.

The fact that he was arrested like a common thug, as opposed to having an opportunity to put on a shirt sure looks bad to a guy like me. No "Aaron , put on a shirt, you're coming with us."

And before we start saying the Patriot Offense is doomed without him. Hernandez is not a real TE anyway...he's a dime a dozen Half-Back who cannot block.:snob:

Well, that's that. You had to figure, one way or another, something was going to have to happen because there has been too much media attention on this case for the cops to let it fizzle out.

I don't think we'll see murder charges, though. I think the arrest would have gone down differently.

Not closing the book on Ahern until we find out what the charges are and he's found guilty.

I don't think it matters if he is guilty or innocent. If he is brought up on murder charges then I doubt he ever plays for NE again. He might play in the NFL but only for desperate teams like the Jets or Bengals.

But lets at least wait and see what he is charged with.

And before we start saying the Patriot Offense is doomed without him. Hernandez is not a real TE anyway...he's a dime a dozen Half-Back who cannot block.:snob:

bro is always getting hurt too

I don't think it matters if he is guilty or innocent. If he is brought up on murder charges then I doubt he ever plays for NE again. He might play in the NFL but only for desperate teams like the Jets or Bengals.

my most recent facebook post:

"BREAKING NEWS: The Cincinatti Bengals have announced that they have entered into negotiations with the New England Patriots to trade for Aaron Hernandez.. "

LOL

Well, safe to say this is the worst week in Boston sports in some time.

I hear ya, but I feel like mentally it's important for me to separate this from the Doc Rivers and Bruins situations — just too serious. Obviously sports is the reason I'm following this, but things happen at different levels.

The fact that he was arrested like a common thug, as opposed to having an opportunity to put on a shirt sure looks bad to a guy like me. No "Aaron , put on a shirt, you're coming with us."

What I don't get is why they didn't let him put his arms through the sleeves of his shirt before cuffing him. :confused:

Saying that someone like Hernandez, as a football player, is a "dime a dozen," is the definition of inanity. Put some more thought in before you post, please.

I wouldn't pin anything on the "charge" being only singular on twitter. I doubt it means anything and could be just a function of a medium that requires 140 characters.

My bigger concern now is with the early reports -- destroyed evidence, video from nearby homes showing Lloyd and Hernandez in the same car the night of the crime, and the big cleaning crew showing up at the house. Add to that the victim was found so close to Hernandez's house, and it's a concern. This is all really bad evidence.

For the last four days, I was disregarding all of that, because the media had so obviously botched the warrant thing, but now that he's been arrested, it tends to show they were only really off in timing, and perhaps they actually did have a solid source and a warrant was ready to issue last week, but was pulled late leaving the press with egg on its face. Sure, they were hasty, but I don't feel the same basis I felt to disregard everything.

Add in that it seems like a pretty bold move by the police not to let him surrender on a obstruction charge, and the fact that they took so much evidence from his house, at this point I would be surprised if it were not a serious charge. Hope I'm wrong. Want to be wrong. Don't want a player on my favorite team to be involved in the worst crime there is. But I have a pretty bad feeling at this point.

I wouldn't pin anything on the "charge" being only singular on twitter. I doubt it means anything and could be just a function of a medium that requires 140 characters.

My bigger concern now is with the early reports -- destroyed evidence, video from nearby homes showing Lloyd and Hernandez in the same car the night of the crime, and the big cleaning crew showing up at the house. Add to that the victim was found so close to Hernandez's house, and it's a concern. This is all really bad evidence.

For the last four days, I was disregarding all of that, because the media had so obviously botched the warrant thing, but now that he's been arrested, it tends to show they were only really off in timing, and perhaps they actually did have a solid source and a warrant was ready to issue last week, but was pulled late leaving the press with egg on its face. Sure, they were hasty, but I don't feel the same basis I felt to disregard everything.

Add in that it seems like a pretty bold move by the police not to let him surrender on a obstruction charge, and the fact that they took so much evidence from his house, at this point I would be surprised if it were not a serious charge. Hope I'm wrong. Want to be wrong. Don't want a player on my favorite team to be involved in the worst crime there is. But I have a pretty bad feeling at this point.

And I've come to trust you as a reliable poster who knows his stuff so now I feel very, very sick despite the fact that I was prepared for the worst. GUess nothing really prepares you for this.

I agree with everything you say. However, whoever does the MSP twitter is pretty old school (I've been following it for a year now). I doubt they would leave out an "s" for brevity.

FWIW: It was MSP that obtained the arrest warrant, not the N. Attleboro police dept.

Couple of things watching this play out:

- Between this and the Marathon bombings we've seen law enforcement folks carry out their jobs in a methodical and (as far I've seen) professional manner. That approach — and how long it can take — has certainly fueled a lot of the the frustration toward the media and others here. But it's important that things be handled that way. Many thanks to the several posters here with legal expertise and experience who have tried to cut through a lot of the fog that has covered this board.

- However this plays out, I think odds of Hernandez ever playing for the Pats again. Or even in the NFL. Assuming the Pats cut ties — does Goodell have authority or reason to punish the Patriots further? Doesn't seem like he would, but, you never know.

My brother in law (Mass Trooper) text me a few minutes ago and said to expect the worst.

:bricks:

If thats true Hernazdez will set the bar as the Dumbest sport athlete ever.

In 3 years, if the difference between a Super Bowl contender vs. playoff tweener was Aaron Hernandez, I would take him back.
Jail time could change someone's outlook on life and he may come back a better person or even player at that time.
I hold my college teams to a higher moral standard…I just want my pro teams to WIN.

And I've come to trust you as a reliable poster who knows his stuff so now I feel very, very sick despite the fact that I was prepared for the worst. GUess nothing really prepares you for this.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm just guessing though like anyone else, though. Like many, I'm kind of using this forum and speculating here to work through my feelings on a tough situation. I don't live in New England, so I don't have people to talk about it to at the water cooler to make myself try to come to terms with it. So, I might just be being pessimistic bracing for the worst. Hope so. We'll know when we know, I guess. It's all so sad.

Not that i believe in but ... do we need to sacrifice a lamb or something to get out of this funk :confused: ?!!?...Bruins, Doc, now this ... enough already, end this nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots