PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...2015/02/determined_aaron_dobson_gets_physical

Nice article here, sounds like he's taking things seriously. And, just as important, his trainer isn't concerned about his prior injuries.

I know a lot of people are OK with our WR. And, yes, they were good enough to win the SB. But I maintain that we still need a second true outside WR to complete the receiving corps. LaFell/Dobson/Edelman/Gronk (replacing Dobson with a legit starter if Dobson doesn't work out) is what we need IMO. LaFell and Edelman can play inside or outide but with just LaFell/Edelman/Amendola/Gronk we're still able to get squeezed in the middle at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be no better than the number 5 reciever on the depthchart.
If we can get anything out of him great but can't count on him. Same thing with amendola

If we can get anything out of him great but can't count on him. Same thing with amendola

Why should he be no better? If he comes into camp and performs he could be the #3.

The whole can't count on him thing, I recall people saying that about Edelman until last year.

Can anyone explain why we let go of Thompkins but kept Dobson? Was it money, or locker room/off the field stuff, because IMO it certainly wasn't production or accountability... Still baffled about that one.

I was wondering when I was going to see a article on Dobson...very positive article on his strength and conditioning. They talked about strengthing his lower half or weak spots. Aaron is a Big Boy if he has no ill effects from foot surgery he should be able to contribute. The OTA's are going to be very important for him this year If he continues to progress WR will be waayyy down the list come Draft Day. Keep up the Good work Aaron Dobson.:cool:

Why should he be no better? If he comes into camp and performs he could be the #3.

The whole can't count on him thing, I recall people saying that about Edelman until last year.

What has he done to prove he should be the number 3?

He had one great game against a horrible steelers secondary and thays pretty much it

Can anyone explain why we let go of Thompkins but kept Dobson? Was it money, or locker room/off the field stuff, because IMO it certainly wasn't production or accountability... Still baffled about that one.
Dobson was mildly more productive than Thompkins in their rookie years. The main difference to me was the last 5 or so games Dobson was out with an injury whereas Thompkins was a healthy scratch for whatever reason. Not sure what happened with Thompkins other than the obvious (the double catches, the jumping to catch for no reason) but they obviously liked Dobson better. Can't really fault Dobson that he had a rough offseason with foot surgery.

It seems like every year there is an offseason "comeback" article about a young player who fell from grace via injury or work ethic and is poised to make it back. I think I recall similar articles about Dowling, Crable, Price, Brace, C. Jackson, D. Butler, Wheatley, and other disappointments. I have yet to see one of these young draft picks fall as far out of favor as Dobson and ultimately make it back with this organization. Just saying.

Dobson is alot younger and faster! Also beause of foot Surgery year two was a redshirt year for him not his fault of course. If he can remain healthy I love his upside going forward also Dobson should be motivated because the Team showed they can win it all without him.

Can't really fault Dobson that he had a rough offseason with foot surgery.

I have no idea what to make of Dobson or how to project his future. Dobson's rookie year was, as you say, productive considering the amount he played. You would think he would be the ideal LaFell backup. A cheaper version of a similarly big receiver who can get open on similar routes. If someone wants to say Dobson should be a deep threat, sure, that's gravy to me. I just want another receiver on the roster who can step in if LaFell gets hurt. Can Dobson be it? He has to be healthy first, but I hope so.

Dobson was mildly more productive than Thompkins in their rookie years. The main difference to me was the last 5 or so games Dobson was out with an injury whereas Thompkins was a healthy scratch for whatever reason. Not sure what happened with Thompkins other than the obvious (the double catches, the jumping to catch for no reason) but they obviously liked Dobson better. Can't really fault Dobson that he had a rough offseason with foot surgery.
Hmm, looking at the stats you're right... I guess I just had a skewed perception of KT's production vs Dobson.

Is it possible for you to go 5 minutes without posting stupidity.

Is it possible for you to disagree with someone without having to insult them? I have seen a few of your recent post and you have gone out of your way to be rude. So from now on every rude post I see you make I will report it. It is not acceptable behavior.

Is it possible for you to go to disagree with someone without having to insult them? I have seen a few of your recent post and you have gone out of your way to be rude. So from now on ever rude post I see you make I will report it. It is not acceptable behavior.

No you are wrong. I can call a post stupidity. Everyone does it. What I cant do is call the poster stupid.

You understand the difference right?

Oh no you are going to tell on me?

Is it possible for you to disagree with someone without having to insult them? I have seen a few of your recent post and you have gone out of your way to be rude. So from now on every rude post I see you make I will report it. It is not acceptable behavior.

Also, the poster you are defending just called the whole forum morons. Where is your outrage? What do we tell the children.

Dont be a hypocrite.

I too hope he can emerge. I've been backing him and think he can be quite productive when and IF healthy. I understand that is the critical question and will impact if he remains with the team. He needs a good offseason and a healthy season.

I'll keep my hopes up, just quite disappointed that he couldn't get on the field last season. But LaFell emerged which kinda made that disappointment fade into the background.

Also, the poster you are defending just called the whole forum morons. Where is your outrage? What do we tell the children.

Dont be a hypocrite.

If I see him do a rude post I will report it too. Just I have seen a lot of it from you lately and I think you should stop. How about instead of trying to be just rude enough to not get banned try not being rude at all. Don't call post stupid. Try a "I respectfully disagree" and also do not imply every post someone makes is stupid as it implies they are stupid which is exactly what you were doing and you know it.

EDIT: Also this is not me trying to debate you or start a conversation. I just thought it be fair to let you know what i will be doing in hopes you decide not to do it any more of your own volition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey