PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson - underestimated even as a rookie?

Can you just tell me :D

Let me google that for you

:)

This story is a nice summary:

Rutgers ranks in the top 25 nationally in four major defensive statistical categories: scoring defense (fourth, 14.3 ppg), total defense (14th, 321.3 ypg), pass efficiency defense (25th, 115.35) and rushing defense (11th, 105.0 ypg). Rutgers also is tied for fourth nationally with 18 touchdowns allowed and tied for the fourth fewest rushing touchdowns allowed.

Rutgers is holding opponents to the fourth-lowest single game rushing average since 1950, allowing only 105 rushing yards per game. Only two Rutgers teams (1976 and 1964) have held opponents to less than 100 yards per game since 1950.

I'm sure there's more.

Let's not get too focused on their highly-ranked defense. Sounds great in isolation, less good in context:

Tulane
Howard
USF
Arkansas
connecticut
Syracuse
Temple
Kent State
Army
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Louisville
Virginia Tech

There's not many offensive powerhouses there.

small school WR's have developed quickly and made an impact in recent years

Victor Cruz
Marquis Colston

Dobson or Boyce has to make a similar impact if we're going to do any damage in the playoffs this year

Yup. But we don't want the rookie stats of Cruz, only those of Colston. and comparing our two rookies to these two requires a whole quart of koolaid.

small school WR's have developed quickly and made an impact in recent years

Victor Cruz
Marquis Colston

Dobson or Boyce has to make a similar impact if we're going to do any damage in the playoffs this year

Virginia Tech points against FSU: 22
Against Rutgers: 13

Arkansas points against: Bama 0 (Wilson dnp), LSU: 13, SCAR: 20
Against Rutgers: 26

Louisville against UF: 33
against Rutgers: 20

Lol if you think Rutgers didn't have a top defense the past 2 years.

Yup. But we don't want the rookie stats of Cruz, only those of Colston. and comparing our two rookies to these two requires a whole quart of koolaid.

Agreed. Would it help if we acknowledge that none of our rookies are likely to put up Colston numbers, but that what is more important is how much they develop during the season and where they are when the playoffs roll around?

Virginia Tech points against FSU: 22
Against Rutgers: 13

Arkansas points against: Bama 0 (Wilson dnp), LSU: 13, SCAR: 20
Against Rutgers: 26

Louisville against UF: 33
against Rutgers: 20

Lol if you think Rutgers didn't have a top defense the past 2 years.

The Louisville one doesn't work because Teddy missed most of the first half and disappointingly destroyed Harmon and Ryan for the game winning TD. yes, their's is a good defense but I don't think that that's he major reason for BB dipping in to that we'll; I think it was more about scheme compatibility, coaching and leadership qualities.

The Louisville one doesn't work because Teddy missed most of the first half and disappointingly destroyed Harmon and Ryan for the game winning TD. yes, their's is a good defense but I don't think that that's he major reason for BB dipping in to that we'll; I think it was more about scheme compatibility, coaching and leadership qualities.

Agreed: team production may count for something, I imagine, but it's not the be all and end all. After all, Jamie Collins played for Southern Miss, which went 0–12 his senior year.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back