PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know you're head over heels over Josh and you're heartbroken that I insulted him. You'll point to him being in charge of one of the best offenses, statistically, in NFL history. You love regular season stats. You probably think that Peyton Manning is the greatest QB this league has ever seen.

I on the other hand put much more emphasis on postseason success. All of his regular season accomplishments (which have not translated into playoff production) are meaningless.

I responded to your post as I did because your post was idiotic and was deserving of it. Furthermore, if you think I believe Peyton Manning to be the greatest QB the league has ever seen, your powers of intuition suck on the scale of a supermassive black hole.

Ok. Iam pissed at the game plan monday. But I wont hold it against him if he decided Dobson was deactivated for disciplinary reasons. I was not happen with the game plan but Iam happy he is our coach.
And about getting open , what makes you think that was going to happen ? What did he do vs minnesota other than 1 catch ? How much time did brady have. ? Did you check out reiss's film review ? They had 8 men protecting brady and 1 WR running route vs 6 dbs in that interception on monday.
To quote brady's words ' there is no magic fix' e.g dobson.

He should of been dressed. If you want to sit him like Welker was sat for the feet comments, that's fine, but he should of been dressed. I don't know what happened, so I can't have too strong an opinion on this particular case, but we have a tough schedule this year that only gets tougher. I really don't like the idea of these guys being inactive while people like Bolden and Amendola take the field and losses pile up that are sure to haunt us later on.

So is Aaron Dobson playing on Sunday night?

Isn't Lafell the one who went to the press saying he was frustrated with his role in the offense after week 2? I hope we get more details but who knows.

I think it's important to keep in mind that even though he allegedly mouthed off to McDaniels, I don't think it was McDaniels who made him inactive. One would think Belichick has final say in those matters, not McDaniels. I trust Bill.
I used to think that, but now I wonder. I think Bill's was too quick to bench Ridley last year, and on Monday he benched Logan Ryan after that BS hands to the face penalty at the end of the first half. And benching Welker for the "foot" joke was in itself a joke.

Last edited:
Who knows what happened. This small piece has info has so much room for interpretation but we will of course only focus on what angle makes us feel better , that dobson is a future HOF caliber WR who was benched and cost us a game and JMD must go.

Exactly.

Who really knows what happened? As much as I like SMY and believe that she's posted on here from time to time, she's been known to get a story wrong just as much as the other guy.

Even if she's 100% spot on, I don't think we have enough information to make a fair assessment when it comes to placing blame.

What did he say to McDaniels, that his shotgun draws suck ass?

Just for the record, the shotgun draws on 3rd and long are called in order to keep Tom Brady (or any QB) out of the hospital. The odds are stacked against you in 3rd and long. Calling a draw:

1) Gets you safely to a punt, worst case.
2) Allows your starting QB to play the next series
3) Occasionally picks up a first down or gets your punter out of his own end zone.

Remember, these 3rd down draws are usually run against a sub package with five or six DBs and the defenses best outside pass rushers pinning their ears back.

I used to think that, but now I wonder. I think Bill's was too quick to bench Ridley last year, and on Monday he benched Logan Ryan after that BS hands to the face penalty at the end of the first half. And benching Welker for the "foot" joke was in itself a joke.

At the same time, there is also sound reasoning in all 3 of those decisions.

1) Ridley had a history of fumbling issues going back to being benched in the playoffs of his rookie year, and they obviously felt that he was continuing the same kind of mistakes. Keep in mind that 2 of his 4 fumbles last year dramatically changed the scoring opportunities, as we were driving into the red zone and the other team picked up his ball and then scored. To take it one step further, he fumbled in 3 straight games, so Belichick did give him the benefit of the doubt after the first couple

2) Logan Ryan had been playing poorly the week before Monday night's game, and we have a hungry Malcolm Butler who earned the right to showcase his skills with a strong preseason/training camp

3) Belichick had warned the team not to get caught up in Rex Ryan's personal business, to keep their thoughts to themselves, and not to give them any bulletin board material---yet what's he do? He goes out and publicly does exactly the opposite, which quickly draws tons of attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes