PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define success for a passing game. Since you think that the offense has been a failure for the past 4 years, I suggest that you show us each the years when the offense was not in the top 5.

Glad you were able to cherry pick apart my post and turn it into something it isn't... At no point did I say the offense has been a failure. I am simply talking about the number of WR's that have gone through Gillette which have been nothing more than JAGs and ultimately released. The offense is good because of Brady despite the void in talent at WR. To me it is unacceptable for BB not to be able to find a wr with game changing talent through the draft after all these years.

Glad you were able to cherry pick apart my post and turn it into something it isn't... At no point did I say the offense has been a failure. I am simply talking about the number of WR's that have gone through Gillette which have been nothing more than JAGs and ultimately released. The offense is good because of Brady despite the void in talent at WR. To me it is unacceptable for BB not to be able to find a wr with game changing talent through the draft after all these years.

We actually got 2 in the draft in Gronk and Hernandez. It's not BB's fault that Aaron in the prime of his career became a serial killer

Mods feel free to change this thread Title to whatever you feel is appropriate. Probably less obnoxious than opening more Aaron Dobson threads.

We actually got 2 in the draft in Gronk and Hernandez. It's not BB's fault that Aaron in the prime of his career became a serial killer

I understand what you are trying to say but pass catchers are not Wide receivers. There is something to be said for playing the X position in the offense. There's no motioning, no hiding within the formation, no getting matched up on linebackers, no bull ****. We need a player who can take advantage of those 1 on 1 matchups or even draw additional coverage. I believe Dobson has the tools to become that player.

I understand what you are trying to say but pass catchers are not Wide receivers. There is something to be said for playing the X position in the offense. There's no motioning, no hiding within the formation, no getting matched up on linebackers, no bull ****. We need a player who can take advantage of those 1 on 1 matchups or even draw additional coverage. I believe Dobson has the tools to become that player.

I hope he will.

He looked pretty healthy vs the giants in the final pre season game....

No I disagree. He looked slow (for him) and he had trouble running routes. He rounded his routes quite a bit. He showed flashes, but that was only when he was running go routes.

SMY via Bleacher Report:
I've heard that Dobson, in particular, there's an immaturity issue there. The team is not really thrilled with how he has performed the other six days of the week, how he's been around the facility, how he's been in the meeting room, with coaches, and things like that.
Goes on to say that he wouldn't be the first immature player, and that as far as she knows he's healthy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-fitzgerald-to-replace-immature-aaron-dobson

If he's not missing meetings, or coming in late, but is just acting 'immature', then that is not reason to sit him. That's not putting your best players on the field giving your team the best chance to win.

If he IS doing the above, then fine him. And play him. Because he's still better than some of the crap we have out there.

We need to win, not run a school for boys.

Fo real though that is extremely concerning. Is that the same reason KT is out? I think those two are pretty close.

We should trade him for a WR that, while bad at his actual position, can block and play running back in an emergency, because versatility is important.

Fo real though that is extremely concerning. Is that the same reason KT is out? I think those two are pretty close.

I thought Dobson was close with collins.....

According to my sources Dobson was not being cooperative in practice, he was consistently attempting to get open. He even caught a pass and raced all the way to the endzone. Just my opinion but I think Dobson is done here.

Trade? We need someone to play this position.

We have absolutely no idea whether or not Dobson's foot is a lingering problem or how he has progressed in terms of conditioning and so forth after missing the entire off-season. If I had to bet, I would bet that there are continuing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes