PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Curry/Seahawks working on contract restructure (update: traded to Raiders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To make it more easy for the Seahawks to accommodate a trade of Curry.. Pats are one of the rumored destinations..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Semi OT: Aaron Curry/Seahawks working on contract restructure

To make it more easy for the Seahawks to accommodate a trade of Curry.. Pats are one of the rumored destinations..

I'd love to see it, which means it wont happen.

If Curry restructures his contract again (although I thought you could only restructure your contract once a season), then I could see a trade. He is currently guaranteed $5 million in 2012. I don't see the Pats trading for him with that much money guaranteed for next year.

Without a source, I am a little suspicious about this rumor because I thought it was illegal to restructure your contract twice in one season.

I just don't see it. How would you rework a 6 year $60 million contract to something the Pats would be comfortable with?

That would be an interesting move, but find it hard to believe that someone can come in midseason and just pick up this defense...

Unless the injury to Mayo is more serious than we know..

Ok, I take my last post back. Looks like Curry is about to be traded and is in fact restructuring his deal. Possibly there is a new provision in the new CBA to accomodate this.

The Seattle Times reports that SLB Aaron Curry's contract is being restructured again as the prelude to an impending trade.

Curry's locker has been cleaned out at the Seahawks' facility and he was not at Wednesday's practice. The team is not commenting, but it looks like he's been traded. Carolina has previously been rumored as a possible landing spot. Curry was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2009 NFL draft. Stay tuned.

Aaron Curry - Seattle Seahawks - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

He's a Raider.

Raiders acquired OLB Aaron Curry from the Seahawks in exchange for two undisclosed draft picks, one in 2012 and one in 2013.

They're believed to be mid- to late-round picks. The Raiders haven't scrapped their philosophy of trying to rehabilitate former first-round busts in the post-Al Davis era. Curry, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2009 draft, flamed out in Seattle because he lacked instincts to diagnose run plays and was a zero in pass coverage. Raiders MLB Rolando McClain suffered a potentially serious ankle injury in Week 6, and Curry could be viewed as insurance behind likely replacement starter Darryl Blackstock.

Fantasy Football player news, injuries and analysis - Rotoworld.com

He's a Raider.

Quote:
Raiders acquired OLB Aaron Curry from the Seahawks in exchange for two undisclosed draft picks, one in 2012 and one in 2013.

They're believed to be mid- to late-round picks. The Raiders haven't scrapped their philosophy of trying to rehabilitate former first-round busts in the post-Al Davis era. Curry, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2009 draft, flamed out in Seattle because he lacked instincts to diagnose run plays and was a zero in pass coverage. Raiders MLB Rolando McClain suffered a potentially serious ankle injury in Week 6, and Curry could be viewed as insurance behind likely replacement starter Darryl Blackstock.

Fantasy Football player news, injuries and analysis - Rotoworld.com

One has to wonder how much Al Davis could have been involved might this be his last move?

The Raiders do love speed. They do have an interesting mix at LB. I see him having a similar role to what he would have had here, sub packages and special teams. Interesting that they got two picks. I'm wondering what the picks will be.

One has to wonder how much Al Davis could have been involved might this be his last move?

It does have an Al feel to it. With everything that must be going on with the
Raiders right now, I'd say it's a good bet that he was involved. I like what the Raiders are doing in the East Bay.

Oh well. He might have been a nice compliment to Mayo/Spikes.. But now he's in Black/Silver.. So he can rot :D

As it happens, Al's last words was for the sweet embrace of death to please hurry, but the words were misunderstood.

What the hell happened to this guy? Wasn't he a "can't miss" prospect?

If anyone would be able to make a deal from the grave, it would be Weird Al.

well...one good thing about Curry to the Raiders...about a dozen Daffy Duck clones at Rats Insider slit their wrists...you see, THEY were getting Curry...because they get everybody and Curry and Maybin would mean "beasting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", which is another weirdo facet of the Rat "fan"...everyone they acquire is a "beast!!!!!" and then when they leave they're "least!!!!!".

Raiders had enough of the draft?

Raiders had enough of the draft?

Yeah, no 2nd, 3rd or 4th in 2012, plus whatever pick they're giving up for Curry? They did get the memo that they can't trade compensatory picks, right? And it looks like they're getting a head start on 2013, with a pick from that year included as well.

Pats have their #2 pick from a draft day swap last April; they used their #3 in the supplemental draft on Terrelle Pryor; and they traded their 4th to acquire Jason Campbell.

Last edited:

The picks are a 2012 7th-rounder and a conditional 2013 4th-rounder. A bargain, if you ask me, for a guy who was once considered the next Derrick Brooks with a bigger body. Maybe the Raiders coaches can turn him into a better version of what he did in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down