PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Brooks is an Oakland Raider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9329201

[The Oakland Raiders] reached agreement with former Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks on a two-year deal worth about $8 million.

[...]

Oakland views Brooks as a quarterback that has averaged 25 touchdown passes a year, and a player who can be a star if he learns to limit his mistakes. Other NFL teams view Brooks as a poor man's Culpepper, the quarterback the Raiders initially targeted. Somebody's right, and the Raiders are rooting that it's them.

Al Davis, Art Shell, Warren Sapp, Aaron Brooks.... is this 2006?

I guess that means Kerry Collins will be a Baltimore Raven soon.

I quite like Rogers.

I had read somewhere recently (Pro Football Weekly? Pro Football Talk rumour mill?) the suggestion that the Raiders might look to end up with Vince Young in round one of the draft.

Does signing an experienced 'mobile' QB make that less likely?

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I quite like Rogers.

I had read somewhere recently (Pro Football Weekly? Pro Football Talk rumour mill?) the suggestion that the Raiders might look to end up with Vince Young in round one of the draft.

Does signing an experienced 'mobile' QB make that less likely?

i was wondering this myself

Well PFT is still suggesting that the Raiders covet Vince Young. It occurs to me that they might have it in mind to develop Young while Brooks mostly starts... the idea being that bringing the freaky Young into the lineup will be easier if the team is already being led by a QB with running skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back