PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Win this Sunday = ? for BB/TFB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@NFLprguy: W/ a win Sun, power couple T Brady & Belichick can tie Marino & Shula for most wins (116) by qb/coach duo in Super Bowl era

Some other Pats milestones on the horizon:

• With his next TD pass Brady will pass Vinny Testaverde for sole possession of 8th place on the NFL all-time list for passing touchdowns; right now they both have 275. Next up after that would be Johnny Unitas one-time NFL record of 290 TDs.

• Sometime in the near future Brady will pass Donovan McNabb for 16th place in all-time passing yards. Currently he is 481 yards behind Mcnabb, 1302 in back of Boomer Esiason, 1529 behind Dave Krieg, and 3621 behind Unitas.

• Belichick needs seven more win to pass Bill Parcells for 10th place on the NFL's all-time list for wins by a head coach.

• BenJarvus Green-Ellis next touchdown run will put him into sole possession of 7th place for most rushing touchdown in Patriots franchise history; he is currently tied with Don Calhoun, with 23.

• Wes Welker needs 13 receptions to tie Ben Coats for 3rd place in Pats team history for most career receptions; Welker currently has 477 catches in a Pats uniform. Also his next touchdown reception will put him into a tie for 8th most in Pats history with Russ Francis, with 28.

• Deion Branch's next touchdown catch will give him 22 as a Patriot; that would put him in a tie with Terry Glenn for 12th most in club history.

Some other Pats milestones on the horizon:

• With his next TD pass Brady will pass Vinny Testaverde for sole possession of 8th place on the NFL all-time list for passing touchdowns; right now they both have 275. Next up after that would be Johnny Unitas one-time NFL record of 290 TDs.
  • Sometime in the near future Brady will pass Donovan McNabb for 16th place in all-time passing yards. Currently he is 481 yards behind Mcnabb, 1302 in back of Boomer Esiason, 1529 behind Dave Krieg, and 3621 behind Unitas.
  • Belichick needs seven more win to pass Bill Parcells for 10th place on the NFL's all-time list for wins by a head coach.
  • BenJarvus Green-Ellis next touchdown run will put him into sole possession of 7th place for most rushing touchdown in Patriots franchise history; he is currently tied with Don Calhoun, with 23.
  • Wes Welker needs 13 receptions to tie Ben Coats for 3rd place in Pats team history for most career receptions; Welker currently has 477 catches in a Pats uniform. Also his next touchdown reception will put him into a tie for 8th most in Pats history with Russ Francis, with 28.
  • Deion Branch's next touchdown catch will give him 22 as a Patriot; that would put him in a tie with Terry Glenn for 12th most in club history.

What about the most games with 30 points or more... did we surpass the Rams?

Update - Tied after the Jets game.

Also, is Brady already #1 with the most consecutive 300+ yd games?

Update - Didn't find the answer to this one.

I will go Google these instead of being a lazy Ah0le.

Last edited:
I doubt it, he only threw like... 200-something vs the Raiders.

Brees has been boosting up his stats every game, he likely owns that streak, I don't think he's ever had a game where he hasn't thrown for 300+ yards. Or I should go google that myself.

that means Branch has 21 TD catches as a Pat, and Wes has 27...thats insane

how many years did Branch play as a Pat compared to Welker?

What about the most games with 30 points or more... did we surpass the Rams?

Yeah, good point; I had forgotten about that.

Right now the Pats have 13 consecutive games with at least 30 points; they need one more to tie the Rams for the record they set in 1999-2000.

Cowboys defense is not bad: 4th in yardage (291.8 ypg) and 1st against the run (61.8 ypg) - however they are 23rd in points allowed (25.2 per game), due in large part to ten turnovers, which is the 5th most in the NFL. Their -4 turnover differential is 2nd worst in the NFC, and 7th worst in the league. Pats are +3, 6th best in the NFL.

that means Branch has 21 TD catches as a Pat, and Wes has 27...thats insane

how many years did Branch play as a Pat compared to Welker?

It does seem like Branch was here for a lot longer but I was surprised to see it's actually very close. Maybe it's due in part to Branch being in twelve playoff games with the Pats while Wes has only been in four.

This is Welker's 5th season (2007-2011) and Branch's 6th (2002-2005; 2010-2011). Branch has played in 69 games for the Pats; Welker in 66.

Those are all strictly regular-season stats I quoted above. Branch also has three post-season TDs with the Pats; Welker has two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes