FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
All signs in KC seem to be pointing to the Chiefs cutting LJ

www.kansascity.com | 10/21/2008 | Johnson may not start Sunday

Arrowhead Pride - An Unofficial Kansas City Chiefs blog

Now, I don't know the cap considerations that cutting Johnson would be for the Chiefs, but don't underestimate how badly Herm can screw something up (insert chuckle here, on how the Jets actually got the Chiefs to GIVE THEM A 5TH RD DRAFT PICK FOR HERM!), but WHAT IF, the Chiefs cut LJ, would you like to see the girlfriend slappin LJ here?

He is the Antione Smith/Corey Dillon style back that the Pats seem to thrive with. He would show up with a Randy Moss size chip on his shoulder? I'm just saying WHAT IF.....

Re: A What if...........

All signs in KC seem to be pointing to the Chiefs cutting LJ

www.kansascity.com | 10/21/2008 | Johnson may not start Sunday

Arrowhead Pride - An Unofficial Kansas City Chiefs blog

Now, I don't know the cap considerations that cutting Johnson would be for the Chiefs, but don't underestimate how badly Herm can screw something up (insert chuckle here, on how the Jets actually got the Chiefs to GIVE THEM A 5TH RD DRAFT PICK FOR HERM!), but WHAT IF, the Chiefs cut LJ, would you like to see the girlfriend slappin LJ here?

He is the Antione Smith/Corey Dillon style back that the Pats seem to thrive with. He would show up with a Randy Moss size chip on his shoulder? I'm just saying WHAT IF.....

But Dillon is mentally tough. Even though Moss has had a history of quitting on his teams, he nonetheless has some decent mental toughness in him.

Pt being that LJ is MENTALLY WEAK...VERY. He wouldn't even last 5 minutes with BB's staff, let along with guys like Teddy and Vince on the team.

But Dillon is mentally tough. Even though Moss has had a history of quitting on his teams, he nonetheless has some decent mental toughness in him.

Pt being that LJ is MENTALLY WEAK...VERY. He wouldn't even last 5 minutes with BB's staff, let along with guys like Teddy and Vince on the team.

Maybe thats what he needs, i mean when was the last time KC had a winning record. And most thought that we made a deal with the devil when we traded for Randy Moss

Maybe thats what he needs, i mean when was the last time KC had a winning record. And most thought that we made a deal with the devil when we traded for Randy Moss

What, Al Davis isn't the devil????

I don't see why we shouldn't give it a shot... especially with Morris hurt for God knows how long. If he came here cheap, I would welcome him with open arms. And based on what Moss said about the trade and his first Patriots meeting with Belichick staring a hole through him talking about how "nobody is bigger than the team", I could easily see LJ working out here.

the best will be if he spits at a women in the cbs scene or mara kraft.

Last edited:

Another consideration: would we even get a shot at him? He'd have to go through waivers, and anyone with a worse record than us would get a chance first.

The Chiefs would have to eat the rest of the 19M guaranteed, and I don't know what his salary is for this season but it's probably pretty cheap. So it's probably an attractive pickup for anyone with RB injuries, if only for the rest of the season.

With that much guaranteed left on the cap, if I were the owner I'd tell Petersen and Edwards they have to keep Johnson, this is the easy way out to shift blame.

There was this ONE play that made the Steelers Super Bowl Champs in '06...you wanna know what it was? OK-here goes...

Wk14 matchup Chiefs@Cowboys-KC is up 14-10 late in the 1st half and is threatening in the redzone. Cowboys call a blitz on the outside with Scott Fujita...IF LJ makes a half *** attempt on his block on him, then Trent Green has all day in the world to find an open receiver for a TD(which he had all game).

But he did not-result? Fujita forces a fumble, the Cowboys make a long return, and Bledsoe subsequently throws a TD to Witten to take a 17-14 halftime lead. Otherwise, it SHOULD have been 21-10 Chiefs at the half, and they would have cruised from there(Dallas' first TD in that half was a flea-flicker).

KC unded up losing b/c they missed a game-tieing FG. However-if LJ's head was out of his *** on that ONE play, the Chiefs would have cruised to victory, as Dallas' confidence seemed to be shot UNTIL that momentum-turning play. The Chiefs O was just waxing them up and down the field.

Pt being that otherwise, the Chiefs would have been 11-5, would have owned the tiebreaker with Pitt, and would have gotten that last WC spot instead. Ultimately, we would have had another SB Champ that year.

Anyhow-since that very play...reports came out that LJ just *hates* to block b/c he's pretty much a ball hog who wants more touches. Since then, the KC coaches just took him out of passing situations and let another RB make the blitz pickups et al.

So no-he's probably not a BB team guy.

There was this ONE play that made the Steelers Super Bowl Champs in '06...you wanna know what it was? OK-here goes...

Wk14 matchup Chiefs@Cowboys-KC is up 14-10 late in the 1st half and is threatening in the redzone. Cowboys call a blitz on the outside with Scott Fujita...IF LJ makes a half *** attempt on his block on him, then Trent Green has all day in the world to find an open receiver for a TD(which he had all game).

But he did not-result? Fujita forces a fumble, the Cowboys make a long return, and Bledsoe subsequently throws a TD to Witten to take a 17-14 halftime lead. Otherwise, it SHOULD have been 21-10 Chiefs at the half, and they would have cruised from there(Dallas' first TD in that half was a flea-flicker).

KC unded up losing b/c they missed a game-tieing FG. However-if LJ's head was out of his *** on that ONE play, the Chiefs would have cruised to victory, as Dallas' confidence seemed to be shot UNTIL that momentum-turning play. The Chiefs O was just waxing them up and down the field.

Pt being that otherwise, the Chiefs would have been 11-5, would have owned the tiebreaker with Pitt, and would have gotten that last WC spot instead. Ultimately, we would have had another SB Champ that year.

Anyhow-since that very play...reports came out that LJ just *hates* to block b/c he's pretty much a ball hog who wants more touches. Since then, the KC coaches just took him out of passing situations and let another RB make the blitz pickups et al.

So no-he's probably not a BB team guy.

Are you serious?? That was two years ago...a lot can change over in two year and besides i can compare LJ's situation to Moss's, in oakland, all day...most people were saying that Moss shows lack of blocking but look at him now...on both 34 and 29 yard runs by Morris, Moss played a very big part by BLOCKING...but to sum it all up I think that if LJ was to come in and take in the BB humble pie then he will get his act together

Are you serious?? That was two years ago...a lot can change over in two year and besides i can compare LJ's situation to Moss's, in oakland, all day...most people were saying that Moss shows lack of blocking but look at him now...on both 34 and 29 yard runs by Morris, Moss played a very big part by BLOCKING...but to sum it all up I think that if LJ was to come in and take in the BB humble pie then he will get his act together

Who knows?

Part of my point was that what KILLS me about Pitt winning the Super Bowl that year was that ONE selfish play by LJ that got Pitt into the playoffs(and gave them a chance to start that run) in the first place.

It was after that play when Vermeil decided to keep him off limits on passing downs. But nonetheless, I couldn't bear to watch the zebras kill the Hawks in that Super Bowl b/c Jerome Bettis was going to retire in his hometown, and they wanted to make sure he gets his farewell party.

Anyhow-like I said, who knows? Players seem to come to NE just for that...b/c they feel it's their BEST shot to win a ring. Even guys like Dillon and Moss put aside their own egos b/c a ring is everyone's dream. Who knows? What if TO blows up the Cowboys this year? Maybe he'll FINALLY want to eat that humble pie and feel NE is his best shot to get that ring?

He just signed a huge contract.

How can he possibly be cut?

He can't.

Says here the cap hit for this year is $5,656,190
Kansas-City-Chiefs Salaries | Kansas-City-Chiefs Player Salaries | 2008 Kansas-City-Chiefs Salary

I just can't see this ever happening, Moss or Dillon weren't constantly being charged with Domestic stuff against women like LJ.

IIRC Peters(?) was cut before he even stepped on the field for the Pats for similar stuff wasn't he?

Cap hits are irrelevant when talking about trades; all that matters is what's left on the contract (i.e., current year salary, future year bonuses), not the prorated signing bonuses he's already received.

He just signed a huge contract.

How can he possibly be cut?

He can't.

It just occurred to me that of LJ gets suspended for his recent problems, the Chiefs might be able to get a portion of that money back. Might make it easier to cut him.

Since the already-paid bonus portion of that is probably close to $4M, his actual salary for the rest of the year might only be around $1M.

Last edited:

Well it would be next to impossible for us to get him if he has to clear waivers. Too mnay botoom feeders would likely pick him up.
To me, it sounds as though this guy would not get past the BB's first interview with him. Not wanting to block only reafirms a reputation for selfishness. He's appears to be very immature. The fact that he's been suspended by his current team for being late to meetings is not the kind of guy this team embraces. But, if he could pull it together and be a team first guy, I'd love to have him. Getting him here though will prove tough!

It seems like all our backs are injury proned.I wanted to see more of Lamont Jordan and now this guy cant even stay on the field.

Absolutely not, theres a distict difference between the gambles that Belichick made on Dillon and Moss vs. picking up a guy like LJ or what the cowboys did with Pacman. The difference is that Moss and Dillon just got a bad rap because they didn't get along with their teammates, were sick of losing etc but still good moral men. Guys like LJ and Pacman are just plain bad people they'd do the same thing wherever they went it doesn't matter what the atmosphere was LJ will still beat women and Pacman will still be rambunctious. So no, keep him the hell out of here, I mean the guy had a problem with **** Vermiel for christ's sake and he's probably the most player friendly coach in league history

It seems like all our backs are injury proned.

I love that word. I'd forgotten who'd first labeled Maroney as "injury proned". Classic!

I know that he just signed a big contract, another page said the Bonus was 12,500,000, but that was listed as 2007, I don't know about deferrments etc...

That wasn't really the reason why I didn't think it would ever happen though, I was pointing at his history, and what that history is.
I was right about it being Peter, I vaguely remembered the uproar over his bevavior, so I looked it up....

Christian Peter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
"Christian was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fifth round of the 1996 NFL Draft. Only a month before the draft, he notched his eighth conviction in seven years, this time for grabbing a woman by the throat in a Kearney, Nebraska bar. The pick set off a firestorm of criticism from the Boston area press, Patriots fans and women's groups. After learning more about Christian's violent history, the Patriots relinquished the rights to Christian only a week after the draft. The team said that Christian's behavior was "incompatible with our organization's standards of acceptable conduct."[4] According to The Boston Globe, the wife of Patriots owner Bob Kraft personally demanded that the team cut all ties with Peter.[3]"

Edit: Peter not Peters

Last edited:
I personally think he would be a great fit for the team given the RBs injuries situation. Not going to happen though...too much money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes