PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A weird column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmmm, "The Statesman" is an Austin, Texas newspaper.

Just some humorous wishful thinking from a Texas paper. The ending says it all. The Patriots should throw the game...

"Otherwise, the nation is likely to see the most entertaining game of the year, and we can't have that in October."

but also says this
Third, a loss would mean all the focus shifts to the Cowboys as America's Team and not to you, America's Cheater.

i guess the pats are going to keep hearing this.

Pretty sad that a Dallas fan has to resort to begging the Pats to lose. All the more reason to lay the wood to them.

What a d*ck.:mad:

Methinks he underestimates the entertainment value of Indy-Pats...

but also says this

i guess the pats are going to keep hearing this.

Gotta love it when journalists of the local papers bring up cheating just before they play the Pats. Hopefully this article makes it's way to Rodney.

Hey all you Indianapolis journalists, the Pats didn't cheat, and you all don't have the nerve to rebut that in print! (Just wait until the week before November 4th okay?)

:eek:

I really can't wait for Sunday to get here....

Is anybody else sick of these dweebs refering to Bill as Bill?

It's quite popular for these writers to take on this advise-giving-know-it-all persona, but they really seem to march down the checklist when they talk about BB.

Bring up Cleveland. (Check)
Cheating (Check)
etc.

We are allowed to call him Bill by the way cause we think he is the cats.

This guy is delusional

I was going to quote his moron comments and say something for each, but I realized I'd be putting over 15 minutes towards the effort and that is even MORE moronic then the article itself

This insults the integrety of football,,,, Yea this would really rally your team,,, you are allready under scrutiny for the spy cam,, now go and deliberately throw a game....I am sure the Players would be fine with this,,,
geeez,,, this guy is an idiot.

This insults the integrety of football,,,, Yea this would really rally your team,,, you are allready under scrutiny for the spy cam,, now go and deliberately throw a game....I am sure the Players would be fine with this,,,
geeez,,, this guy is an idiot.

Dude, it's a TEXAS newspaper!

It's like Tokyo Rose telling American GI's in WWII to lay down their weapons.

He's writing for YOUR 'Boys fans.

Dude, it's a TEXAS newspaper!

It's like Tokyo Rose telling American GI's in WWII to lay down their weapons.

He's writing for YOUR 'Boys fans.

That article insults me as a true fan of my team,, and it should insult the Cowboys organization. I assume that this guy is simply writing a sarcastic article ,, maybe he feels like thats the only way Dallas wins,,, I mean get real,, does Dallas need this win,,,, OK its a statement game,,, WOW! One team will be 5-1 and still firmly in control of their division,, If this guy is a cowboy supporter then I hope he has valley ranch on his mailing list. Who gives a crap about the Spy cam,,, its in the past,,, move on,,.

It's a Texas paper and it's not a Dallas paper. Austin has no professional team, but lot's of jokers like Kirk Bohl's.

You have officially been had.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Last edited:
Actually I get this more than most because I know that making fun of Dallas is a popular sport year round in Austin.

Having lived in Austin I realize this guy is really standing on the sidelines making a double barreled satire on both teams.

The only team Austin is sure to root for is the Longhorns.

I quite liked it. It's obviously tongue in cheek. These guys have to do something different every week, need to find an angle. As it goes, this was OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes