Welcome to PatsFans.com

A warrior places blame at the top

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by bmf31c, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When I was at the PX yesterday I picked up a copy of the Army Times. The big reason was because the lead story is E-7 selections, so really I just wanted to see my name in print. Which I did :D.
    Anyway there is a real interesting article on the last page by a MG Paul Eaton, who by the way has quite the distinguished service record. AAB made a post about some of his comments previously.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d/showthread.php?t=32903&highlight=paul eaton

Well, you know I have this integrity thing where I just can't bash officers appointed over me but just between us I found the article to be pretty profound.

I want to preface this with one comment. I have said on more than one occassion that SECDEF Rumsfeld had quite a few geat initiative upon taking office. Pay raises and tax advantages where items that he spearheaded, he started off on the right foot then.....

A warrior places blame at the top

During World War II, American soldiers en route to Britain before D-Day were given a pamphlet on how to behave while awaiting the invasion. The most important quote was: “It is impolite to criticize your host; it is militarily stupid to criticize your allies.â€
    By that rule, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is not competent to lead America’s armed forces.
    First, his failure to build coalitions with U.S. allies from what he dismissively called “old Europe†has imposed far greater demands and risks on American soldiers in Iraq than necessary. Second, he alienated his allies in our own military, ignoring the advice of seasoned officers and denying subordinates any chance for input.

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/index.cfm?Page=Article&ID=7047
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

Two weeks ago Condaleeza Rice said something to the effect that the US has made thousands of tactical errors in Iraq, then Rumsfield came back and said she did not understand, "war". This article and the subsequent comments, lead the reader to believe that that head of Defense is talking out of his butt. Supposedly he wanted to quit at the onset of the second term, but George refused his resignation. So I guess any faux pas he commits is squarely on George as he trusts him so much.
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rummy's an ornery old goat who doesnt know how to play the political game isnt he?
  4. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sounds like he's got some crummy senior staff or he's too pigheaded to listen to them.

Congrats on the promote. We're hoping for E-7 next time 'round (it was his first time eligible this year).
  5. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

E-7 ... That's a big step in the Senior NCO ranks .. Congrats.
  6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

congrats on E-7...I made E-7 this year and should sew on in June.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Congrats on the promo, bmf. But ooooh, what you said!
  8. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks to all the well-wishers. I didn't say anything did I? I just posted the article. :)
  9. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He also doesn't know how to plan for the extended occupation of a country. If the past few years have shown us anything, it has shown us that.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh. I thought those were your words. My mistake.
  11. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I was known as E-7, back when I played left field. I made the jump from E-5 in only one year.

Congrats.
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its not simply Eaton that has called for Rummy to resign. There are two others that have come out (again) publicly in recent weeks including my personal fav, Tony Zinni.

The common theme to their arguments is his belligerent style, and utter disregard for conflicting advice. This is the problem with these "neo-con crazies" (as they were called during Bush Sr.s term). They are stuck in a dangerous ideology.