Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Victory For America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What a wonderful night! What any wonderful night! Any repudiation of Obama's ultra-liberal agenda is a victory for all of us!

2. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think it's a repudiation of all established government. Corrupt Republicans are on watch too.

All big government types, all people who sell out their consituents, all people who sell out to lobbyists, are on watch.

This is a revolution of thought, and practice in this country, a return to constitutional rule, a return to empowerment of the individual over the government.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

All we need now is for the USSC to agree with you. We need to reverse the decision that gives corporations and People equal status in this society. I do not want to live in a country run by corporations. I doubt last night will do anything to change that. We need an Ammendment that I fear will not happen because these and all politicians are bought and paid-for by corporate interests and unions...not to mention foreign corporations and governments.

The jobs aren't coming back because the R's control the House.

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

All that money spent and all the rt did was to take the house. This was your big chance and you failed, it was the rt's high water mark. Taking the house was a given, theres always a back lash in the mid term elections. If people Really believed Obama was that bad the RT would have taken the senate too. Now the RT has some responsibility beyond just saying NO, and the people will be watching.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You know what is crazy? Under a 100% controlled Democrat Government, Corporations were given the power of indivudals... I know the Judicial made the move, but the Government could have attempted to change that.

I agree with you, I do not like that... but it's SAD that it happened during the rarest of rare Super Democratic power of every branch in government.

And Obama wonders why Republicans just took back 60+ seats??? It's obvious Mr. President... Say what you mean, and mean what you say!

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +344 / 7 / -4

Pretty sure we're going to look back on this election, be it in 2 years or 10, and see that it meant very little. Business as usual in DC, and just the result of a piss-poor economy.

7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +204 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

That's one way to look at it but it doesn't give proper accounting for how large a house taking it was. I have a feeling the administration and the senate realizes they can't just look the other way at what the voters said to them yesterday. Except for the base, America just said they think the left has failed. In other words all you are doing is spinning the significance of this. Now the House is on the clock. Time to put up or they'll face the same fate.

8. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

I'd like to extend a shout out to the teatards for allowing the Democrats to retain control of the US Senate.

Thanks, guys!

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

This was a clear repudiation of Obama's liberal agenda. There is no other way to spin it.

The GOP was never going to get the 10 seats it needed to take the senate. That some of their candidates lost in extremely blue states like CT & CA is nothing out of the ordinary. I think the shock would be some of those candidates winning. In 2006, and 2008, we saw shock when some redder states elected bluer officials. That was a repudiation of the GOP and Bush, just like this is a repudiation of Obama and the Democratic party. It is what it is people.

The interesting thing will be to see what happens from here.

10. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

Republicans could have easily drawn to 50-50 in the Senate had they nominated decent candidates in DE, CO, NV. Americans have Sarah Palin and the teabaggers to thank for that not happening.

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I've been thanking her (and them) all morning.

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

And if Obama wasn't such a moonbat, I guess he wouldn't have lost 60+ house and 7 senate seats.

13. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Agreed Jack. Some of the candidates that were run out there in at least two of the 3 you mention above (DE,NV) were questionable. With regards to NV specifically it shows you that regardless of how bad what you have is (Reid), it could be worse (Angle)

On CNN last night they were saying (the guy from the tea party they had on the panel, forgot his name, Eric something maybe?) that the Rs took money from Buck's (CO) campaign and dumped into the CA race to try and win it there, thinking all along the CO was in the bag. In the words of Lee Corso "not so fast my friend".

That being said I was hoping Reid lost, but understand why he didnt when his opponent is Crazy McAngle.

And for the life of me cant figure out what the appeal of Palin is.

At the end of the day, both the President, and the new R majority should take notice of last night, that notice being that the people arent happy with either of you, so work together to fix this thing. It seems these swings back and forth would allow for a legitimate third, fourth, fifth option to emerge. But to date it hasnt happened. The tea party tried, with some legitimate platforms to stand on, but have been corrupted by the same extremist fringes that have made the two established parties so unsavory to people like me.

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Backlash? Yes, there's usually a backlash. But a ~60 chair swing in the House? That, my friend, is historic.

15. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lmfao, see it before and not much changed. Enjoy your time, cause in 2 years when nothing has happend and your still on this board tryin to defend these low-life politicians it will swing back left and here we go again.

How is the GOP going to change the country when most of them are playing golf....John Boehner anyone? How does someone in the middle of winter have a tan????

Was a big win for the rich! was a big win for the fear mongers! Oh and the SHEEP! When the GOP fails this time we might have a 3rd party rise and i'm not talking about the Tea Party but a party of common facking sence.:rocker:

The GOP wants to cut taxes and cut spending??? GOODLUCK WITH THAT! its a lie......it won't work. You have to raise taxes and cut spending but why would they tell you the truth when they can lie too you and you eat it up like nobodys business.

Damn its times like this I wish I could hitch a ride on that Mars ship......

16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I was hoping angle won also, I'd trade Angle for Rand Paul. Shes SO crazy it would be entertaining to listen to her and watch her try and run away from the press in DC. Plus people would see just how crazy the candidates the teabaggers are promoting.

Palins appeal is that the lowest common denominator out there can relate to her, shes one of them. Compared to other countries (europe) the population of the US in general isn't very well educated

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what the left is reduced to. They are pathetically thumping their chests over the fact that they managed to win 12 or 13 of 37 Senate seats up for grabs last night. Obviously not all full results are in, so those numbers may shift a little bit, but bottom line is Republicans won roughly 2/3rds of Senate seats voted on last night.

So, uh, yeah. Sure. Congrats on winning 33% of last night's Senate races. :rofl: :rofl:

18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1. It just wasn't remotely in the realm of possibility simply because too many of the seats voted on last night already belonged to Republicans. Despite having only 41 seats in the Senate, a majority of the ones up for grabs last night were already in Republican hands.

However - and here's the stat that should terrify the left - the next 2 times we do this, a roughly 2/3rds majority of the seats being voted on are Democrat seats. They would have to win 2/3rds of the races just to break even.

Good luck with that! :rocker: :rocker:

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just wish to thank the teabaggers for their tireless work in keeping the Senate in Democratic hands and their supreme effort in keeping Harry Reid employed last night. Its clear that if you subtract the teabaggery from this year's campaign you end up with a completely Republican Congress.

Six months ago I was convinced that even Osama Bin Laden could beat Harry Reid this year.

20. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

For some perspective...

IF the GOP won both the House and the Senate, Obama would win in 2012 on the Us versus them Campaign...

With only a stagged half victory, Obama really has no angle to take other than "We didn't do nearly anything we promised we would do...."

The outcome actually sets up a bigger win in 2 years IMO