PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A vent/beef with CBS pregame show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battaglia

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok now I understand everyone has their opinion, I also understand why some may have picked the Jags over the Pats. But all three guys picking the Jags to win the game, then giving one of the worst reasons why they would win the game really irks me. Guys like Marino and Esiason claimed that Brady would be under pressure all game. Do they even watch football? The Jags D-line is not Miami's D-line. The Jags dont have a guy like Jason Taylor, who uses speed. Guys like Taylor and Schobel really wreak havoc on the Pats, but big strong interior lineman dont bother the Pats much. Thats why I knew that Brady would be realitively untouched the entire game, and I was shocked non of these guys mentioned that.

Then at the halftime report, as they were recapping the game, they show the 1 sack that Brady took and Marino goes "Brady has been under pressure all day." Did anyone else hear this? Did he even watch the friggin game, or did anyone for that matter? I dont understand how some of these ex players, especially cerebral QB's can be so dumb. I was really surprised Boomer gave such a poor reason why the Jags would win, usually he knows his stuff. The crew also failed to mention how good the Pats are against the run, and the return of Harrison. I think its time the Pats got some respect when it comes to their defense. Right now they get none.

Ok now I understand everyone has their opinion, I also understand why some may have picked the Jags over the Pats. But all three guys picking the Jags to win the game, then giving one of the worst reasons why they would win the game really irks me. Guys like Marino and Esiason claimed that Brady would be under pressure all game. Do they even watch football? The Jags D-line is not Miami's D-line. The Jags dont have a guy like Jason Taylor, who uses speed. Guys like Taylor and Schobel really wreak havoc on the Pats, but big strong interior lineman dont bother the Pats much. Thats why I knew that Brady would be realitively untouched the entire game, and I was shocked non of these guys mentioned that.

Then at the halftime report, as they were recapping the game, they show the 1 sack that Brady took and Marino goes "Brady has been under pressure all day." Did anyone else hear this? Did he even watch the friggin game, or did anyone for that matter? I dont understand how some of these ex players, especially cerebral QB's can be so dumb. I was really surprised Boomer gave such a poor reason why the Jags would win, usually he knows his stuff. The crew also failed to mention how good the Pats are against the run, and the return of Harrison. I think its time the Pats got some respect when it comes to their defense. Right now they get none.

The Patriot players have been saying for the last 5 years that they keep track of this stuff and have a blackboard in the locker room to keep up with the people who say they can't win big games.

On ESPN's pregame, Tom Jackson went into a long explanation of why the Jags would win. My guess is Mike Ditka was told to pick the Pats in his response and either disagreed or figured everyone realizes how much BS the commentators normally make up to make for interesting television, so his explanation delivered deadpan was (seriously): as good as the Jaguars have looked at times this year, they lost to the Texans twice and the Patriots' uniforms look a lot like the Texans, so the Jags will lose to them. It was actually pretty funny.

On ESPN's pregame, Tom Jackson went into a long explanation of why the Jags would win. My guess is Mike Ditka was told to pick the Pats in his response and either disagreed or figured everyone realizes how much BS the commentators normally make up to make for interesting television, so his explanation delivered deadpan was (seriously): as good as the Jaguars have looked at times this year, they lost to the Texans twice and the Patriots' uniforms look a lot like the Texans, so the Jags will lose to them. It was actually pretty funny.

That IS really funny. I'm sorry I missed it.

What I thought was lame was how the analysts picked the Jags because of how good Jacksonville is at home. But no one mentioned the Patriots have played pretty well on the road this year. No one even mentioned it. It just seemed so lazy.

It's all about the rings.....How many these dude have:confused: .....GO PATS!!!!:rocker:

I don't even watch the pregame shows anymore. I gain no football insight or info by watching them and usually just end up angry.

The last time they were unanimous on a Pats game they picked the Pats to beat the Jest. When they unanimously picked the Jagoffs I knew the Pats would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back