Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Tribute to Americans

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 10 / -11

#75 Jersey

Looks like the Youtube Commies took it down. Could you summarize?

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Is this some sort of symbolic reference to Bush's promise to be a uniter not a divider?

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wow, that is amazing. Some people at youtube have some serious problems. I got the link to it yesterday, with the caveat that it was being downloaded so often, the queue was long, so I waited for today. I tried it only a couple of hours ago, and it worked fine.

This is simple montage of Iraq War American soldiers -- the men and women who are serving, have served, and those who are going to serve over there. It shows these soldiers in many different situations, from front line patrol to way back mail handlers, from guys like your 24-year old brother/son/nephew to the older guy or gal showing the way for the younger ones.

Most of all it shows these folks as human beings, as husbands, wives, brothers, sons, fathers and mothers, sisters and aunts -- which is what they are, absent their military gear. It was a tasteful and touching tribute to all the men and women -- our fellow American brothers and sisters -- who are putting it out there and offering all. Willingly and with commitment.

A fitting tribute to America, the American spirit of self-offering for the sake of the benefit of others, a higher good. It made me proud to be an American.

//