PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Trade Rumor I Heard Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Williams is a one trick pony. Good against the run and not much else. He is dangerously close to a long term suspension for horse collar tackling. He already got a game suspension. I am guess then next penalty will be 4 games.

Besides, Dallas would be moving up to get McFadden. It is doubtful he will be available at 7. It would be a draft day trade at best and the Pats would hold the upper hand in that situation.

This one is with Dallas.It is Our Number 7 Pick for safety Roy Williams and one of Dallas' 1st Round Picks.

Thoughts?
Do you work for Jerry Jones in the Dallas Cowboys PR department?

I heard a rumor today that the Patriots were going to trade that pick to the Ravens for their 1st rounder and Ed Reed.

The voices only talk to me!
Actually for the #7 for Reed and the Ravens second round pick with a player to be named (Kaczur? Sanders? O'Callaghan?)
DW Toys

Roy Williams will probably be cut in 2 years. thats how bad he is.

Sanders isn't bad. Unremarkable, but you could certainly do worse. If he's the worst starter on our D, then it's because we aren't weak at any position.

No way the Pats make that deal. Roy Williams is awful in pass coverage, and that's our defenses weak link. We're solid against the run with our defensive line and front seven overall. That's be a dumb move.

Sanders isn't bad. Unremarkable, but you could certainly do worse. If he's the worst starter on our D, then it's because we aren't weak at any position.
Speaking of trades. Something I just found looking at the Cowboys site. They are offering Zach Thomas Jerseys with #54 for sale. That is Bobby Carpenters number. I understand that they want to move him. The Cowboys were playing him outside but could he play middle for us at 6' 3" and 248? He is certainly fast enough and was the ST start for the Cowboys. Could he be the younger (25) Vrable edition? Would you take him for the second #3?
DW Toys

Don't the Patriots already have a league famous dirty playing safety that can't really cover? Do we really need a second?

You said "we".

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=78305

Edit:

rodney2.jpg

The Cowboys were playing him outside but could he play middle for us at 6' 3" and 248? He is certainly fast enough and was the ST start for the Cowboys. Could he be the younger (25) Vrable edition? Would you take him for the second #3?
DW Toys
THAT is interesting...I know that some thought that he would have been a solid Patriot..I wonder if that has changed..if they have seen things in his place that they know would be a long path to teh starting lineup...who knows..I DO think that is interesting that the Cowboys have somehow given him 54...(OR maybe Carpenter will have it changed?)

while I bet there is not much truth to this rumor, it would be a pretty sweet deal for us

or better yet,

why not trade our #7 pick for D'Angelo Hall and the Falcons 2nd round pick

Roy Williams is a liability in pass coverage. You can have his overrated arse but I would not touch him with a ten foot pool.

well what about a 10ft jacuzzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back