PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Tip of the hat to Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
In the Giving Credit Where it is Due Dept:

Good job, Drew Rosenhaus and Donte Stallworth.

I am certainly not a Rosenhaus fan, and haven't thought much of him as an agent, but the Stallworth contract looks like a great job to me. Last year his client signed for close to bet minimum. This year he gets a one-year deal at $3.6 mil to prove himself. It's better than a one-year deal because if Stallworth does well he'll get a big payday from the Pats, or head in FA again with a good head of steam. The Pats get Stallworth for a year, and a chance to keep him for six if he performs as well as he says he will.

Best of all (from the Pats point of view) is that Donte will be auditioning for a contract and will have a monster effort year. (This kind that Branch wuld have had if Branch was the kind of guy to honor a contract.)

So, nice job, Drew. This is a thining-outside-the-box kind of contract.

Knowng Rosenhaus if Stallworth has a big year he will demand an entirely new contract.

It's great for both sides, but especially for the Pats.

First we all hate Drew and now will all love him. It's great to have Stallworth now, but I feel this could be a "one year rental". Which is a smart move by the Pats, may I add.

First we all hate Drew and now will all love him. It's great to have Stallworth now, but I feel this could be a "one year rental". Which is a smart move by the Pats, may I add.

I'm happy this got done but I'm still very cynical when it comes to Rosenhaus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back