Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Tip of the hat to Drew

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by spacecrime, Mar 11, 2007.

1. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

In the Giving Credit Where it is Due Dept:

Good job, Drew Rosenhaus and Donte Stallworth.

I am certainly not a Rosenhaus fan, and haven't thought much of him as an agent, but the Stallworth contract looks like a great job to me. Last year his client signed for close to bet minimum. This year he gets a one-year deal at $3.6 mil to prove himself. It's better than a one-year deal because if Stallworth does well he'll get a big payday from the Pats, or head in FA again with a good head of steam. The Pats get Stallworth for a year, and a chance to keep him for six if he performs as well as he says he will.

Best of all (from the Pats point of view) is that Donte will be auditioning for a contract and will have a monster effort year. (This kind that Branch wuld have had if Branch was the kind of guy to honor a contract.)

So, nice job, Drew. This is a thining-outside-the-box kind of contract.
  2. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Knowng Rosenhaus if Stallworth has a big year he will demand an entirely new contract.
  3. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

It's great for both sides, but especially for the Pats.
  4. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

First we all hate Drew and now will all love him. It's great to have Stallworth now, but I feel this could be a "one year rental". Which is a smart move by the Pats, may I add.
  5. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm happy this got done but I'm still very cynical when it comes to Rosenhaus.