PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A thought on Dom Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The guy, when healthy, is an excellent back. He is one of the best RB receivers that I have seen in the last few years. The rumor is that he is on the bubble. IMO, we should offer a late pick for him and put him on ir or pup as faulks future replacement. i believe he is low cost, with huge potential. The rich get richer

Has he played in any games at all?? Practiced?? If so No PUP. Also, I am not sure how that would work; trading for an injured player. Clearly, if he is going to be IRed and is not physically ready, that is one thing..Again, if that was done, it would have to be a lwoer round pick....and a gamble.

I gotta tell ya...I just don't see it. Call it a crazy hunch...but me thinks Dom Deluise has a better chance at cracking the WR depth chart than Dom Davis at RB.

He's been cleared by team physicians so he can't make the PUP list... Right now he's either gonna get cut or IR.

The fact Lundy and Morency look good and Kubiak (think Denver Broncos) is the head coach in Texas... believes he can get 1000 yds. from anybody that fits his RB mold. 1 cut and go.

So I agree with you that picking him up and IR-ing him would be a great move.
But according to the Houston Chronicle article I read about the whole thing, he's not PUP eligible.

Offtopic:

Lbaron said:
He's been cleared by team physicians so he can't make the PUP list... Right now he's either gonna get cut or IR.

The fact Lundy and Morency look good and Kubiak (think Denver Broncos) is the head coach in Texas... believes he can get 1000 yds. from anybody that fits his RB mold. 1 cut and go.

So I agree with you that picking him up and IR-ing him would be a great move.
But according to the Houston Chronicle article I read about the whole thing, he's not PUP eligible.

Cute dog!!!

I still can't belive that they are thinking of putting this guy out. Last season he was 24 yards shy of 1000. That would have been three seasons in a row of 1000 yards. Definately worth a gamble. Unfortunately, I don't think BB reads our suggestions too closely.

Krazy Koz said:
Last season he was 24 yards shy of 1000.
Ok...that's pretty good. Maybe I jumped the gun on my earlier comment...

Last I heard, Kubiak said they absolutely would not cut Davis but the IR was a very real possibility.

no way he gets cut. he plays or IR.

he got a huge c ontract before and was reason why they didnt draft Bush..we couldnt take him becuse

1. probably wouldnt be happy..hes been succesfull and to play him behind Corey and Laurence?

2. were set at RB

hes a westbrook, faulk type of player..great out of backfield and can run pretty well (not Faulk like). hes a 2nd tier RB..good but if they trade its a 3rd probably for him and we really dont need him

I guess they should have drafted Reggie Bush

brdmaverick said:
I guess they should have drafted Reggie Bush
Bush would have done the same thing behind that O line that he is going to behind the Saints' which is exactly jack squat.

Digger44 said:
The guy, when healthy, is an excellent back. He is one of the best RB receivers that I have seen in the last few years. The rumor is that he is on the bubble. IMO, we should offer a late pick for him and put him on ir or pup as faulks future replacement. i believe he is low cost, with huge potential. The rich get richer

Cobbs could be used as Faulk's future replacement.

I think you are grasping at straws about picking up Davis. It's never going to happen. And Faulk is way better than Cobbs at this point. He has been in championship games, he knows the offense and is a great receiver. He's the protypical 3rd down back.

MrBigglesWorth said:
I think you are grasping at straws about picking up Davis. It's never going to happen. And Faulk is way better than Cobbs at this point. He has been in championship games, he knows the offense and is a great receiver. He's the protypical 3rd down back.

I'm not saying Cobb's would replace Faulk now (is Faulk going to hold a very unexpected retirement?). The better word perhaps would be Faulk's successor. Cobbs could be developed, and I hate this term, "groomed" to become Faulk's replacement, so when he does he might actually be as good as Faulk. Faulk is at least thirty I believe, so finding a guy to eventually succeed him is not out of the question.

MrBigglesWorth said:

Yes that was the whole point of the thread. You can see this by reading the posts. It can be fun to discuss ideas in the forum. There is certainly nothing wrong with seeing a player rumored to be a cut and seeing what other would think about picking him up. He would make a better future 3rd down back than Faulk. Faulk has two seasons left. Davis doesnt have the fumble trouble.

This looks like it is likely to be the 2nd straight year that his knees will put an end to early. There is little chance he will ever be the player he was prior to the injuries. And that makes the big assumption that he can play again.

zippo59 said:
I'm not saying Cobb's would replace Faulk now (is Faulk going to hold a very unexpected retirement?). The better word perhaps would be Faulk's successor. Cobbs could be developed, and I hate this term, "groomed" to become Faulk's replacement, so when he does he might actually be as good as Faulk. Faulk is at least thirty I believe, so finding a guy to eventually succeed him is not out of the question.
I guess the big question that only Belichik has an idea of is.....how many years if faulk still good for. I think he could be productive for 3 or 4 more, maybe even more.

MrBigglesWorth said:
I guess the big question that only Belichik has an idea of is.....how many years if faulk still good for. I think he could be productive for 3 or 4 more, maybe even more.

see thats where i disagree. i think it is 1-2. he must cut down the fumbles and have a healthy year. if he fumbles one more time in a big game he may be in doodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes