PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Thought In Regard to Myra Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Den-in-NH

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
So the end result of Sunday was heart-breaking, and even more so when considering the fact that the season was dedicated to Myra and I think a championship in this year would have been really special to Bob and this team.

Then I had this tought - perhaps, in the season dedicated to a person who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of others, perhaps it is not the end result so much as the journey which we must be reminded of. I'm sure for all her efforts, Mrs. Kraft couldn't help everyone who needed it - but she tried to nontheless.

In much the same way our 2011 Pats couldn't overcome that final obstacle - but regardless they tried, and they did so with passion, integrity and dignity. And that is more meaningful than the final destination - the journey.

So as much as a championship would have been enjoyed, perhaps it's rather appropriate in this year we focus not on the finished product - but on the attempt. After all, Myra never stopped trying to make the world better - regardless of the fact that she knew that pain, suffering, and heartache would still ultimately exist - that she would always come up just a bit short. But in the attempt she found satisfaction, and in the effort she achieved nobility.

This thought has given me some peace this week...

I'm sure for all her efforts, Mrs. Kraft couldn't help everyone who needed it - but she tried to nontheless.

Fantastic sentiment. Thanks. I think Mr. Kraft would love to hear this.

Den, you put that perfectly.

Thank you for verbalizing what I have been feeling since Sunday night while so many have been carping about the loss in the big game.

God bless those who strive. We are merely human. We are not going to succed in every endeavor.

It is the goal and the striving that is noble. Mrs. Kraft did not sit back contented with her lot in life. She put herself on the line each and every day. She took flak from naysayers when she could have hid behind her property.

I hope the players who are taking flak from those who merely watch can take some solace in your well-put post. I hope many millions can take lessons from the life of Mrs. Kraft.

Thank you for the post Den....the sentiments are great and help put the disapointment of the SB in perspective.

It doesn't solve it all....but it helps.

Well done.

Mrs. Kraft . . . put herself on the line each and every day.

This is a story worth repeating, from Jonathan Kraft's eulogy:

On a trip to South Africa when apartheid still was the law of the land, Jonathan and his mom saw some blacks being arrested in Johannesburg for not having the proper documentation. Myra Kraft told a police officer: "I don't have the proper documentation. Arrest me too.'' She held out her hands to be handcuffed and demanded to be arrested. Jonathan, in college at the time, literally picked up his diminutive mother and took her away from the scene. "She was beating me on the back of the head,'' he said, wanting to be put down so she could go back.

Read more: NFL owners and players nearing an end to lockout and labor dispute in time for full 2011 NFL schedule  - Peter King - SI.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back