Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Thought In Regard to Myra Kraft

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Den-in-NH, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Den-in-NH

Den-in-NH Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So the end result of Sunday was heart-breaking, and even more so when considering the fact that the season was dedicated to Myra and I think a championship in this year would have been really special to Bob and this team.

Then I had this tought - perhaps, in the season dedicated to a person who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of others, perhaps it is not the end result so much as the journey which we must be reminded of. I'm sure for all her efforts, Mrs. Kraft couldn't help everyone who needed it - but she tried to nontheless.

In much the same way our 2011 Pats couldn't overcome that final obstacle - but regardless they tried, and they did so with passion, integrity and dignity. And that is more meaningful than the final destination - the journey.

So as much as a championship would have been enjoyed, perhaps it's rather appropriate in this year we focus not on the finished product - but on the attempt. After all, Myra never stopped trying to make the world better - regardless of the fact that she knew that pain, suffering, and heartache would still ultimately exist - that she would always come up just a bit short. But in the attempt she found satisfaction, and in the effort she achieved nobility.

This thought has given me some peace this week...
  2. buile

buile PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fantastic sentiment. Thanks. I think Mr. Kraft would love to hear this.
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +807 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

Den, you put that perfectly.

Thank you for verbalizing what I have been feeling since Sunday night while so many have been carping about the loss in the big game.

God bless those who strive. We are merely human. We are not going to succed in every endeavor.

It is the goal and the striving that is noble. Mrs. Kraft did not sit back contented with her lot in life. She put herself on the line each and every day. She took flak from naysayers when she could have hid behind her property.

I hope the players who are taking flak from those who merely watch can take some solace in your well-put post. I hope many millions can take lessons from the life of Mrs. Kraft.
  4. Ghost of Ben Dreith

Ghost of Ben Dreith Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thank you for the post Den....the sentiments are great and help put the disapointment of the SB in perspective.

It doesn't solve it all....but it helps.

Well done.
  5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +483 / 7 / -5

This is a story worth repeating, from Jonathan Kraft's eulogy:

Read more: NFL owners and players nearing an end to lockout and labor dispute in time for full 2011 NFL schedule  - Peter King - SI.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.