PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Team I No Longer Recognize (A Pats fans perspective of her favorite team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the writer of this article I say....Don't let the door hit you in the @ss.

UGH! After seeing this, all I can think to say is...

NOT ALL OF US WITH OVARIES ARE IDIOTS! Way to represent, dumbass! :rolleyes:

Thanks, I feel better now! :D

The female representatives of this site tend to represent. I can honestly say when the mob gathers after a bad game, whether by coincidence or not, the women (based on screen names - it is the Internet after all so the best I can offer is an assumption:)) tend to represent the voice of reason on this site.

The author of this article would be goofy regardless of gender. Anyone getting nostalgic at a college age (she may be anywhere from 18 to 22) for the "good old days" is sufficiently ridiculous to preclude any serious reading of the piece (1996 would translate to when she likely was between 5 and 9). This sounds like a topic best handled by someone like Dr. Z from Sports Illustrated, before his stroke, as he possessed the age, knowledge, and perspective to write a credible piece on the subject. This just sounds like a rehashing of the general uneducated response to Spygate and displeasure at Tom Brady marrying a supermodel.

I go way way back, way before 2001. I started watching in 1996!!

Re: A Team I No Longer Recognize (A Pats fans perspective of his favorite team)

sorry for the mysogeny, but typical woman sports writer, focuses on romanticizing the past instead of appreciating the pure statistical dominance and daimond like precision of Belichick and Brady's run. Oh no! The patriots aren't a story book team anymore! Go ask fans in Detroit or buffalo if they would care about that crap if their team was winning.

PS She's probably just jealous of Giselle

Last edited:
Maybe she is going for a national sports media job. What is a better way to generate "cred" than to hate the Patriots?

How could anyone truly hate this team?

Our coach irritates the hell out of the media.

Our QB is married to a hot super model and doesn't embarrass us by licking Oreo's and pitching "Lifelock".

Our owner doesn't use botox and tells us that he gets stadium ideas from Celine Dion.

We get to enjoy having 31 fan bases hate our team.

As I heard someone tell a vegan once, "I didn't get to the top of the food chain to eat tofu."

I was so pissed off by this article. Here is what I posted in the comments section:

-So many things wrong with this article it is hard to know where to begin.
-You are no "fairweather fan" because you started in the Pete Caroll Days? two playoff appeances and another 8-8 is not exactly the "tough times", try being a five-year old during the **** McPherson days when all of your fairweather friends (probably people like you) were wearing Cowboys jerseys.
-You miss the blue collar guys like Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, McGinest, etc. So a guy like Jerod Mayo who never leaves the stadium isn't blue-collar enough to you? Junior Seau, Fred Taylor, Vince Wilfork, Wes Welker, Ty Warren, Matt Light, Dan Koppen, etc. aren't good enough leaders for you? PLEASE.
-The "Running up the score" argument. I'm sorry, but you're complaining your team is too good? Because teams quit after the 2nd quarter while playing the Pats it makes Belichick evil for "allowing" his offense to score? Because the Titans and other bad teams allow the likes of Brian Hoyer to lead TD drives? Remember there are only 45 guys in uniform on gameday, you can't "empty the benches" like in college and high school. Go root for the yellow team in your local youth soccer league if this offends you.
-Spygate has been gone over ad nauseum, but I will remind you that other teams like the jets have been caught taping signals from the endzone, which is not illegal. Is that really that big of an advantage over taping from the sidelines like the Pats did? Get your facts some place other than ESPN before bringing up Spygate.
-Brady wore a suit for superstituous readings, do your homework. Second of all who cares? Despite marrying a supermodel and traveling the world, he has according to all reports remained frequent contributors in the offseason program at Gilette. Ask any current or former Patriot. There is no other leader they want leading them onto that field every Sunday. Once again do your homework!
-According to your criteria for a likeable team, you should go root for those scrappy, mediocre...Cheifs? Lions? 49ers?. ENJOY!

sorry for the mysogeny, but typical woman sports writer, focuses on romanticizing the past instead of appreciating the pure statistical dominance and daimond like precision of Belichick and Brady's run.
I call BS on this one.

Start naming women sports writers who romanticize the past rather than report the present. If that is indeed typical, it will be most of them.

So start naming these "typical" women writers.

This article wasn't stupid because the writer was a woman. It was stupid because the writer had no perspective. It could as easily have been written by a man.

The only thing right in your post was your 'mysogeny' and even that wasn't spelled correctly :rolleyes:

Anyone who feels the need to state they aren't a fairweather fan probably is one. Better off without her "wah, Brady is wearing a suit no the plane" shut up.

I'm a Meriweather fan.

sorry for the mysogeny, but typical woman sports writer, focuses on romanticizing the past instead of appreciating the pure statistical dominance and daimond like precision of Belichick and Brady's run. Oh no! The patriots aren't a story book team anymore! Go ask fans in Detroit or buffalo if they would care about that crap if their team was winning.

Dude, an assistant copy editor for a volunteer student paper is a "typical woman sports writer" the same way that Matt Walsh is a "typical male NFL head coach." :rolleyes:

Moving along...this is not the first time there's been screaming on this site about a random column written by a random student in a college newspaper. This time the kid isn't even officially a writer for her own school paper! This is worth exactly as much outrage as if you'd overheard a stranger complaining about the Pats in a supermarket checkout line.

Last edited:

Dude, an assistant copy editor for a volunteer student paper is a "typical woman sports writer" the same way that Matt Walsh is a "typical male NFL head coach." :rolleyes:

Moving along...this is not the first time there's been screaming on this site about a random column written by a random student in a college newspaper. This time the kid isn't even officially a writer for her own school paper! This is worth exactly as much outrage as if you'd overheard a stranger complaining about the Pats in a supermarket checkout line.

Game. Set. Match.

(retreats with tail between legs)

i have no idea what to make of this and it seems like nonsense that's not worth our time.

As for how TB dressed on the flight to London, I think we have to accept that, whether we like it or not, "Tom Brady" is a global brand, especially since his public relationship with and now marriage to "Gisele Bundchen," another global brand. He was probably just dressing GQ for his European fans.

Last edited:
I just may print that story off just so I can use it to wipe my ass. That's about all it's worth.:confused:

What a pathetic take. Now I know why Borges et al all suck as sport journalists...they don't get punked by their editors for contributing inane tripe from an early age. That this got posted/printed shows that college continues to fail in raising the bar. Seriously, can anyone get a journalism degree? Is the bar set so low that writers like this see their work online?

Regards,
Chris

Pats fan my a**, that's a friggen Jet fans stirring sh*t soup. I can smell it from here. :rolleyes:

I think what she was trying to say is that the experience of being a patriots fan changed during 2007. I agree with her on this. Before that season, every game was enjoyable on its merits - the losses hurt, but there was perspective that put the losses in a broader context. Since Spygate, it feels like every loss is crushing - kind of like the experience of being a Yankees fan. You see this on the board with all the chicken littles that have come out of the woodwork since 2007.

I go way way back, way before 2001. I started watching in 1996!!

My point exactly; she's no fair weather fan, she goes ALL THE WAY BACK TO 1996. Wow, what perspective, try going ALL THE WAY BACK to 1968.

"Now go into the kitchen and fix me some breakfast" as Max would say............

this girl is a fan of her own emotional relationship to the patriots, not the game of football. to not appreciate the skill and finesse that has been required over the past ten years to maintain this level of excellence in a salary cap era, and the developments as a football player that tom has made even since our last super bowl, shows a lack of connection with the game itself. i know a lot of girls whose relationship with sports is like this, based on personalities more than the game itself. to come from new england and not appreciate belichick's patriots is really something else, and fans of other teams hate the patriots because of how often they lose to them. there are perhaps two other teams in the league whose fanbases, despite hating the pats, wouldn't rejoice to get belichick and brady tomorrow.

Most of the read was boring (yawn), and not worth the time. One point was kind of thought provoking though:

Why was Brady dressed in a suit if the rest of the team was in team issued matching clothes? I knew he went in a suit, and most players in casual comfort wear....but I didn't hear they were identical and team issued.

I am curious about the background/details with this. Was he coming from a function and had no time to change, and if so did he get off the plane overseas in the same attire? Has he reached a place of being above the team expectations and is that a good or bad thing if so? Have the specifics on this been addressed somewhere?

Solidarity wins. Leaders lead by example. If the team is all dressed identical and the team leader isn't (without an excuse), and a change at first chance, I don't like that. I love Brady as much as anyone, but it's team first, baby.

Last edited:
Most of the read was boring (yawn), and not worth the time. One point was kind of thought provoking though:

Why was Brady dressed in a suit if the rest of the team was in team issued matching clothes? I knew he went in a suit, and most players in casual comfort wear....but I didn't hear they were identical and team issued.

I am curious about the background/details with this. Was he coming from a function and had no time to change, and if so did he get off the plane overseas in the same attire? Has he reached a place of being above the team expectations and is that a good or bad thing if so? Have the specifics on this been addressed somewhere?

Solidarity wins. Leaders lead by example. If the team is all dressed identical and the team leader isn't without an excuse, and a change at first chance, I don't like that. I love Brady as much as anyone, but it's team first, baby.

I said before I don't think its a big deal but you really have to wonder why Brady set himself apart from the rest of the team...It might have been a modeling stint shortly before the plane ride or maybe something right off the plane in London...No one has really said anything much about it and if the press has not made a big issue of it then we should not as well I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey