PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Steelers Fan Tribute To Pats Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSummerallofthe80s

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
As I mentioned in an earlier post last week, I don't believe the Steelers would have made it this far had it not been for the past two home AFCCG beatings at the hands of New England. Especially last year.

For the Steelers to have evolved to where they are today, they needed to go through the process of losing. But it's not just losing to anyone. They needed to lose to the PATS to learn how to win big games. In a roundabout sort of why, you guys kind of mentored us and for that we are thankful because we recognize New England as such a top notch organization.

With that said, I have a new appreciation for what you guys did (winning three Super Bowls in four years). The Steelers have found that not only did they need all of the stars to align, but also a little bit of luck. I don't know what will happen in the Super Bowl but I can't help but think Pittsburgh is more prepared than they have been since the four in the 70s.

So I would like to salute the Patriots, organization, and its fans for raising the bar in the NFL. I don't blame anyone here for rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl. You had a little something to do with us getting to where we are at. Now it's up to Pittsburgh to sieze the opportunity.

I have no doubt that New England and Pittsburgh will be amongst the playoff teams again next season. Have a great draft and thanks for the forum to post here.

CLASSY post.

Amen.

Thanks for making the shift from trolling to talking football with a little smack, much more enjoyable. I enjoyed your lads dominating performance today, they will make it a lively Super Bowl.

Gracious remarks, indeed, summerall.

I've been surprised at so many of my brethren here resolving to root for the NFC. Not me, though. Last season i said here that i thought Big Ben was for real (duh!) and the Steeler team was a legitimate powerhouse. I feel fortunate when we can best them. Now i wish your guys only the best!

See u ... as we resume our special rivalry ... in next season's playoffs.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
As I mentioned in an earlier post last week, I don't believe the Steelers would have made it this far had it not been for the past two home AFCCG beatings at the hands of New England. Especially last year.

For the Steelers to have evolved to where they are today, they needed to go through the process of losing. But it's not just losing to anyone. They needed to lose to the PATS to learn how to win big games. In a roundabout sort of why, you guys kind of mentored us and for that we are thankful because we recognize New England as such a top notch organization.

With that said, I have a new appreciation for what you guys did (winning three Super Bowls in four years). The Steelers have found that not only did they need all of the stars to align, but also a little bit of luck. I don't know what will happen in the Super Bowl but I can't help but think Pittsburgh is more prepared than they have been since the four in the 70s.

So I would like to salute the Patriots, organization, and its fans for raising the bar in the NFL. I don't blame anyone here for rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl. You had a little something to do with us getting to where we are at. Now it's up to Pittsburgh to sieze the opportunity.

I have no doubt that New England and Pittsburgh will be amongst the playoff teams again next season. Have a great draft and thanks for the forum to post here.
Congratulations and good luck in the SB. If they continue throwing on first down and not become like the old steelers of "we do what we do" (just keep running), they have a great chance of winning.
Hats off to the OC to have realized that finally.lets just hope the enormity of the SB doesnt tie their hands.

Last edited:
flutie2phelan said:
Gracious remarks, indeed, summerall.

I've been surprised at so many of my brethren here resolving to root for the NFC. Not me, though. Last season i said here that i thought Big Ben was for real (duh!) and the Steeler team was a legitimate powerhouse. I feel fortunate when we can best them. Now i wish your guys only the best!

See u ... as we resume our special rivalry ... in next season's playoffs.

Thanks and who knows, maybe a Brady-Big Ben rivalry will ensue. It could be just one of the many things needed in the NFL (all this while Manning is still requesting autographs from produce clerks at supermarkets).

Who's this Manning your talking about? ????

Box_O_Rocks said:
Who's this Manning your talking about? ????

Congrats summerall, have enjoyed your visits here talking good football. I'm sure your boys will enjoy the journey!

Great post. Thanks Summerall. Hope you guys win the big game and keep the superbowl in the AFC.

I am rooting for Jerome! He is a class act and deserves to go out with a ring!

Thanks. Classy. I'm pulling for you guys this year and you'd better win, because next year the Pats will match the gold standard for SB wins set by the Steelers when your team took four of six during that great run under Noll and Bradshaw.

Nice

Great game---Nice to see the stillers win and the donkey's go home! Good luck in the superbowl, and enjoy the 2 -week media machine leading up to it!

I'm going to start crying.

Haven't, decided on SB yet . It will come down to who I want to lose. Got 2 weeks to decide.

Last edited:
Oh man...what a post. Ooofff

I agree, I hate the Steelers and their fans, but Bettis is a class act. I too would like to see him go out with a ring instead of a fumble.

Last edited:
I like the matchup - but I pick Seattle for the sake of spending 12 years up there. Also they are like we used to be - a faithful regional following with not much national attention or frankly respect.

Besides Lofa Tatupu looks like Bruschi's little brother and Don Hasselback could be Brady's big brother. Both are sons of the Old School Patriots.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:

Now this is nothing against the Patriots, but Summerall you are so full of **** it's coming out your ears. I could list the variety of ways in which these statements are complete and utter nonsense but I fear they would be lost on you.
At first you passed yourself off as aPats fan, now maybe you are passing yourself off as a Steeler fan I don't know. Maybe you just want people here to like you but damn, there's other ways to go about it I think than playing the rusty trombone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes