PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A source connected to Brady denies the rumor of a one-game suspension settlement offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I don't know why the NFL is trying to leak false info, and why ESPN is buying into it. But to do so at this point, only shows how desperate they are.

Rob Baggio‏@robobaggio
Have a source on Brady's legal team. He's been tight-lipped on #deflategate but scoffed at one-game rumor. Talks never got that far. (1/2)

Rob Baggio ‏@robobaggio 23m23 minutes ago
He wasn't at courthouse. He's working as part of a team behind the scenes. But they discussed all contingencies and that never came up (2/2)

That guy's twitter name and picture isn't even him - it's of an old, retired soccer player

Nobody said there was an offer, just like nobody said the NFL offered 2 games and only a vague admission of guilt.

Rather, the anonymous sources say or strongly imply:
  • Those trial balloons were sort of floated around.
  • The respective parties would have at least seriously considered settling on those terms.

Par for the course....

I totally believe it. In fact, I'm pretty sure Tom was about to turn dramatically in Roger's direction, cry out for forgiveness and humbly beg for him to accept the three game suspension. But Tom faltered when Berman's gavel cracked down, and he was forced to choke back those unspoken words wishing he had the courage to voice them.

Let's just hope he can live with the regret. Poor guy.

Unidentified source A: NFL offers to shave off a fraction of the suspension (translation: NFL is confident and adamant that Brady is guilty and has to be severely punished).
**Than a few hours later**
Unidentified source B: Tom Brady is willing to accept a suspension. (translation: Brady is guilty and is just trying to get some kind of better deal than 4 games).

Follow the money and the foul smell of this and it points to the NFL up to its same slimy tricks, and using slugs like Mort to get out their translated message.
IF this is an NFL ruse, certainly a chance it is, one interpretation of the motivation for this action is the NFL expects an unfavorable ruling to be coming their way. It's a 'remember, Brady is guilty' underhanded message to preempt the words the Judge is likely to smack the NFL with (I expect even if he rules for the NFL for the judge to smack the NFL hard).

That guy's twitter name and picture isn't even him - it's of an old, retired soccer player

I'm assuming it's an alias or an homage he's making.

Also only has 135 followers

So what's your point?

I just looked over this guy's twitter timeline. He's been covering Deflate Gate for a long time. I don't think it's a bogus claim he's making.

.....but you all are entitled to make your own judgments :cool:

I don't know why the NFL is trying to leak false info, and why ESPN is buying into it. But to do so at this point, only shows how desperate they are.

Rob Baggio‏@robobaggio
Have a source on Brady's legal team. He's been tight-lipped on #deflategate but scoffed at one-game rumor. Talks never got that far. (1/2)

Rob Baggio ‏@robobaggio 23m23 minutes ago
He wasn't at courthouse. He's working as part of a team behind the scenes. But they discussed all contingencies and that never came up (2/2)

Answer seems clear to me, the NYJFL keeps leaking that TB is willing to take a 2 or 1 game suspension and only offered a 3-game suspension in negotiations because they are trying to: MOVE THE JUDGE'S GOALPOST.

They think the judge is committed to this idea of a negotiated solution as opposed to flat out justice, and if they can make it APPEAR to the judge that the Middle ground = some kind of suspension, then they win. At end of day, if TB gets anything but a phone-fine, the nyjfl can proclaim him a Cheater and say 'we were right all along' (whether true or not).

This is the way Rapoport weasel worded his 'sources' on the front page of NFLN, nothing concrete, but enough to try and fog the facts.

was believed to be "open" to serving a one-game suspension for not cooperating with Ted Wells' investigation as part of a potential settlement. It was a possibility heading into settlement talks in court Monday, according to someone briefed on his thinking

...Meanwhile, the NFL appeared poised to offer to shorten Brady's four-game suspension by two games, provided he accept some responsibility. But no offer was made because discussions never reached that point.

Rapapport says everything in his report. "Brady was okay with 1 game but talks never got that far." Then how the f do you know ? Now this guy scoffs and says talks never got that far and of course rapsheet will say he said the same thing.
Load of BS .

Roberto baggio, the former italan soccer player?

Dueling sauces?

I'll take the bolognese

Anything is more reliable than a reporter with those unnamed nfl sources. It seems everytime they report something it turns into gospel without anyone questioning it until weeks or months later.

Is a story from NFL.com even considered a leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back