PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A slightly different Moss question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moss would have succeeded in the Colts system offensively speaking but it is obvious that he desired to play only in New England. And that's where I like him to be. In this offense he is instantly the #1 receiver, although he does not have to be the #1 player. He doesn't have to be the leader. That role is already taken so I think Moss will like the fact that he won't have to carry this team or be the leader.

I agree. The situation in New England is better suited for his ego.

I'm with the consensus -- it would be a great addition for them for reasons similar to why it's a great addition for us.

It's a little better here because the team has an absolute no-nonsense reputation. I.e., there's no way he's be eager to come here unless he was willing to accept that. So the perceived risk on the Colts would be a little higher than it is here. But that's the main difference.

No doubt he would succeed as a Colt. The QB is too good not to. Peyton would accurately throw a pass 10 ft up in the air that only Moss could grab.

I think the Patriots, for the first time, are the more TALENTED offense. Now, they have way more downside with so many new pieces. But while the Colts' WR get a slight edge, I like Watson and Maroney more than Clark and Addai. Regardless, they're very close if, and it's a big if, the Patriots gell quickly.

You're reaching a bit, we are soon to forget that Harrison and Wayne are proven, consistent, 1000 yard annually guys, while Moss has had three subpar seasons in a row, Stallworth has injury concerns, and Watson drops every other pass, I see it like this...

Watson > Clark
Moss < Harrison
Stallworth < Wayne
Welker > Gonzalez
Maroney = Addai
Our O-line < /= Theirs

now our defense is stronger at every position with the exception of free safety where Bob Sanders is just a beast

I don't see why it would be any different his joining the Patriots. Top-notch QB, winning team, high expectations. Same difference. =)

If he went there, I'd be very concerned. A bit perplexed, too, because I would think there'd be more of a chance that Moss has a flareup there than here. Not because the Colts have a weak locker room or anything like that. Rather, it's been noted in the recent past that Marvin Harrison does pout a bit when he's not getting enough touches. Couple that with the emergence of Reggie Wayne to a superstar level WR, I think the chances of Moss erupting over a lack of touches would be greater there.

But yes, I'd still have been worried that their offense just got even more unstoppable for the Pats smallish WRs.

Okay, enough hypothesizing. Back to cloud 9 for me!!!

This is a serious question about Moss. If the situation was different and the Colts had been the one to land Moss, how would people around here think or Moss and his value? This may have been mentioned in one of previous thread, but there are a ton of post and this is a specific question.

I think it will be interesting to see how he does in a different environment. He has never been in the situation that he will be in with the Pats. With the Vikings, it was Randy's team. Granted Culpepper was there, but Moss was the first player that you thought of when the Vikings came up. With Oakland it was the bad attitude Randy almost right off the bat. Now he comes into a team situation with the Pats that he hasn't seen before. A proven winner, with a clear cut set of leaders. It should be interesting. Especially to see if he can just turn it back on considering that it has been several yeaars since we have seen the Randy Moss that everyone feared.

But back to the question. If he were now a Colt, would you think he would become the old Randy or just another good receiver? What do you think the impact would be on the "team" structure with the Colts and their locker room? Once again, this is a serious question and I'm curious to see what you guys think. If you don't like the topic or that I'm a Colts fan, don't waste your time flaming me, just move on to the next thread please and thank you.

Honest answer: If the Colts or Jets, for example got Moss, I would have been quite worried, but would have spun it to our advantage.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back