PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A slice of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined this forum looking for a way to recover from the Denver loss in 2005. Unfortunately it seems like I've "needed" this forum more than than I wish the past few years.

I am so glad this place exists however, it makes it a lot easier to get through these losses.

As for ESPN, I haven't watched their crap except for MNF since 2007. You know how much Super Bowl pregame I caught the past 2 weeks? 0. And it was nice. I turned my tv on at 6:29 and I turned it off as soon as the hail mary hit the ground. I don't need to listen to a bunch of talking heads try to outdo each other with their bs.

I joined this forum looking for a way to recover from the Denver loss in 2005. Unfortunately it seems like I've "needed" this forum more than than I wish the past few years.

I am so glad this place exists however, it makes it a lot easier to get through these losses.

As for ESPN, I haven't watched their crap except for MNF since 2007. You know how much Super Bowl pregame I caught the past 2 weeks? 0. And it was nice. I turned my tv on at 6:29 and I turned it off as soon as the hail mary hit the ground. I don't need to listen to a bunch of talking heads try to outdo each other with their bs.

ESPN is probably the most annoying network that covers sports. Chris Bermann has gotten so ******* annoying I want to kick my TV screen in anytime I hear him speak. The G-MEN the P-MEN and E-li. STFU you over the hill hack.

Red Sox fans hadn't won in 86 years. Welker is not Buckner. There were a series of missed plays and mistakes that cost them this game. His was just one. Just like the last time we played this team in a Super Bowl.

I'd still rather go to 5 Super Bowls in 11 seasons and lose two than not win a championship in 86 years, or 43 like the JETS, or ever like the Bills or Eagles and a dozen other NFL teams who have never won one, including 4 who have never even played in one, but maybe that's just me...

It is the journey, not the destination... with that being said will avoid all media coverage of this game. Another great season, we did not win it, but this team is still an excellent team and for the past 20 weeks have enjoyed the hell out of this ride..

All the fence sitters like Merloni, D & C, Felger and the rest of the half assed talk show hosts can go f.. themselves, time for some ipod, to get me in a better frame of mind.

This will be were I get all my information for the next few weeks-if this is good or bad i don't know;).

The first big test is getting by any of my moronic "friends" who say **** about the Pats-They think the are being cute but um NO. Unfortunately I may have to tell a few off-not very ladylike I know but I can't stand uneducated football fans making fun of my team...

Me on the other hand can criticize my team cause most of the time I have a clue about them

I like reading about how the media are talking sh*t about us. You don't see them ****ting all over or even talking about the rams, or the cheifs or any other team who lie down and take a beating most weeks. I'll take a sh*t storm from the media anyday as long as we are still up there producing great results week in week out and threatening a SB place every year.

The media love to build an under dog up (like we were before brady) and then knock them back down once they achieve great things

I blame GIsele Bundchen for the patriots losing this game. GIsele has weakened Tom Brady and made him a metrosexual phaggot. He used to be incredible. Gisele has made him weak. Before Gisele, he was a 3 time SB winner and MVP. Now, he has lost 2 in a row to freaking ELI MANNING. PEYTON'S KID BROTHER. WHAT THE HELL IS GIONG ON HERE FOLKS. THIS SUPER MODEL HAS WHIPPED OUR QB LIKE AGASSI GOT WHIPPED BY BROOKE SHIELDS!

time to move onto the draft.....it is 2 months away

Like I did last year and four years ago, I'm going on a media blackout for a while. It makes me especially bitter that the world is celebrating at our expense since the Patriots are the most hated from the public right down to the media themselves. As of now this forum is my only safe haven if I feel like talking Patriots.

But while this loss hurt quite a bit, the SB 42 loss prepared me well for it this time around. I completely deflated the moment Manningham made that catch. It seems like Pats virtually never force a turnover in that situation so I started accepting the inevitable.

We've been spoiled by the Pats' run of success, sure, but there's no denying the fashion with which the Pats have had their seasons ended since the last SB win have been especially cruel. It's not like we've been having the Jaguars or Falcons end our seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back