PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A sign of faith would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
A sign of faith would be?

How about a trade for a difference maker at receiver let's play that BB looks at the tape sits back and says Tom needs some weapons.

Taking draft picks and the Cap into consideration who could you see the Patriots bringing to help Tom.

Receivers who could possibly be pried away and make a difference stretching defenses and catching the ball.

Fitzgerald
Big splash a lot of cap makes a clear message to winning cost would be at minimum a second round pick.

Vincent Jackson
Solid player not the elite talent he once was could be had for a third round pick

Raiders- Denarius Moore could be a fire sale in Oakland dynamic explosive player can catch the ball a poor man's Steve Smith Senior. 5th round pick

Justin Hunter- So much potential falling out of favor with the Titans 4th round pick?

Roddy White aging player the type of value and veteran BB would kick the tires on 4th round pick this year 5th rounder the following season.

Josh Gordon
Big risk vs reward wouldn't have him til the chance of a playoff run could be a top 3 receiver or out of thr league for this kind of potential you pay a second rounder.

Cecil Shorts
Seems like the 2 rookies are getting the lion share of reps Shorts has been the third or fourth option he could clearly help very talented player I would send a fourth round pick.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, you're severely underrating what it would cost to acquire almost every one of those players.

Maybe by the end of the season they'd learn the offense.

Other than Fitz those are quite reasonable although I don't expect anything to happen. I remember reading some Patriots interest in Hunter pretty draft. He's been a disappointment since preseason. Moore is way out of favor and Tampa would probably love to get out of Jacksons contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes