PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A short quick Pre Season Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcmgb

On the Roster
Reaction score
OK, here we go again. 3 weeks from training camp and the "pundits" are all jumping onto the Carolina-Indianapolis band wagons. When are these asshats ever going to get off that Colts band wagon? Every year all the "smart" people pick the Colts again to go to the SB and every year it ends up the same way, Colts not getting it done in the playoffs. Any other team in the league would have been written off a long time ago but all these writers have a "Jones" for Peyton and just can't seem to comprehend that their boy ain't NEVER gotten it done. Not in college, not in the pros. NE wins 3 of the last 5 SB's, lose a kicker (A FRIGGIN' KICKER!!!) and that's it, they're done, Miami will take over the AFC East this year. The Colts lose one of the keys to their offense, a RB, and oh well, ho hum no problem, Peyton will still get it done. Peyton has NEVER GOTTEN IT DONE! Period.
OK, I'm done.

You can't expect the media to respect the Pats when the Patriots Front Office shows no respect for the team.

Boston Sports Reporting Legend Nick Cardarfo reports in the Globe:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2006/07/02/owners_can_share_the_blame/?page=5
McNair's arrival may greatly improve the Ravens' playoff chances, but it's already cost Ray Lewis. The Ravens' middle linebacker used to have three lockers to himself in the corner of Baltimore's locker room. Now he's down to two because one was given to McNair.

Does Brady have three lockers? Or even two? Until the Front Office starts to give Brady the respect that players like Ray Lewis routinely get, how can you expect the media to give Brady and the rest of the Patriots any respect?

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack this thread but i have an equally puzzeling question. WHy exactly is ESPN and the "experts" so high on the redskins? They really didnt do all that much to better themselves did they?

spacecrime said:
Does Brady have three lockers? Or even two? Until the Front Office starts to give Brady the respect that players like Ray Lewis routinely get, how can you expect the media to give Brady and the rest of the Patriots any respect?

Spacecrime, that's so unfair. Lewis needs the extra space. Once your head swells to a certain size, your helmet can't fit in a single locker.

I don't care who the "experts" are picking, I'm just glad that football is almost back. Almost.

patchick said:
Spacecrime, that's so unfair. Lewis needs the extra space. Once your head swells to a certain size, your helmet can't fit in a single locker.

Wow he needs 2 400 pount linement to take on all the blockers and 3 lockers . What a model linebacker.

usmcmgb said:
OK, here we go again. 3 weeks from training camp and the "pundits" are all jumping onto the Carolina-Indianapolis band wagons. When are these asshats ever going to get off that Colts band wagon? Every year all the "smart" people pick the Colts again to go to the SB and every year it ends up the same way, Colts not getting it done in the playoffs. Any other team in the league would have been written off a long time ago but all these writers have a "Jones" for Peyton and just can't seem to comprehend that their boy ain't NEVER gotten it done. Not in college, not in the pros. NE wins 3 of the last 5 SB's, lose a kicker (A FRIGGIN' KICKER!!!) and that's it, they're done, Miami will take over the AFC East this year. The Colts lose one of the keys to their offense, a RB, and oh well, ho hum no problem, Peyton will still get it done. Peyton has NEVER GOTTEN IT DONE! Period.
OK, I'm done.

Glad you could get that off your chest, jar.
Now see how swimmingly the rest of the day goes!

desi-patsfan said:
Sorry to hijack this thread but i have an equally puzzeling question. WHy exactly is ESPN and the "experts" so high on the redskins? They really didnt do all that much to better themselves did they?

The key to being an "expert" is picking a team to win the SB that few others are picking.

If you pick a team like the Patriots whom everyone knows has a high probability to win, you've got no "I told you so" factor when it happens.

Pick the Dolphins, Redskins, AZ, whoever else - and if and when that happens you have the distinctin of saying "I told you so, and everyone laughed at the time" factor.

Of course, when it doesn't happen, you never make mention of that prediction again, hoping that the vast majority of fans have short memories (which they do).

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:

It seems to me to have to do with the coaching.

After 2004, the obvious story was that Snyder was an idiot for recruiting Joe Gibbs to replace Spurrier (and that probably only a guy who had been out of the sport for years would be so foolish as to work for Snyder). So the media, being the media, went with the obvious story.

Anyway, 2005 was not as bad as 2004 and people began to notice the talent in the coaching staff under Gibbs (notably, Gregg Williams as DC). So the media changed direction.

That's the media for you. But they could be right. I think that, at least, the NFC East will be a fascinating division.

spacecrime said:
You can't expect the media to respect the Pats when the Patriots Front Office shows no respect for the team.

Boston Sports Reporting Legend Nick Cardarfo reports in the Globe:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2006/07/02/owners_can_share_the_blame/?page=5
McNair's arrival may greatly improve the Ravens' playoff chances, but it's already cost Ray Lewis. The Ravens' middle linebacker used to have three lockers to himself in the corner of Baltimore's locker room. Now he's down to two because one was given to McNair.

What does he keep in the extra lockers? His gat and some crack?

flutie2phelan said:
Glad you could get that off your chest, jar.
Now see how swimmingly the rest of the day goes!

Yeah flutie, much better now thanks! These "experts" just piss me off to the point where I have to blow off steam once in awhile! :) I know all the reasons that they do it, trying to act like they have some kind of special insight or "inside" info, but as hard as you try to ignore it, if you read everything you can get your hands on about football, like I do, it's hard to avoid. Oh well, screw 'em. We can all laugh at them after the game in Miami this February.

Mike the Brit said:
After 2004, the obvious story was that Snyder was an idiot for recruiting Joe Gibbs to replace Spurrier .
I thought it was jsut the opposite. It was the first thing Snyder did right. Spurrier was made fun of by the media from his first preseason when he went after SF like it was the superbowl, and when he suggested that NFL coaches must be playing video games in their offices-why else would they spend so much time there.

What I remember is everyone saying GIBBS was crazy for working for Snyder.

I may be wrong -- I agree that it was the first thing Snyder did right, but what I remember is how it was depicted in the media at the time (Gibbs is old, Gibbs is out of touch, Gibbs hasn't realized that Mark Brunell is completely past it, etc.). They went, what, 6-10 or something? Typically, the media have now swung the other way and Gibbs is a foxy old pro whose hot young team of coaches will take the franchise back to glory.

patchick said:

actually, I think those are ammunition lockers...but your point is valid...

usmcmgb said:
OK, I'm done.

"what he said"

desi-patsfan said:

You can say they did, but you can always say that. Here's this year's new faces in Washington:

S Adam Archuleta (Locally known as "the safety who's not in jail or awaiting trial)

DE Andre Carter

QB Todd Collins

TE Christian Fauria (I hear he has good hands, and his wife is hot.)

WR Brandon Lloyd

WR Antwaan Randel El

DE Kenny Wright

They didn't lose much, unless you count the likes of Patrick Ramsey and Omar Stoutmire. And word is the offensive line is now keyed to open up wide running lanes under the tuteledge of Al Saunders, late of Kansas City fame. People in Washington are talking about Clinton Portis running for 20+ touchdowns. But people in Washington were recently proving that aluminum rods meant you have nuclear weapons.

In other words, Washington has once again won the Super Bowl on paper, but in the (new) Gibbs era, there's reason for Washingtonians to believe they'll at least make the playoffs -- heck, they even did it last year.

On paper, they're a team that went 10-6, then lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year, just like the Pats. The difference is, 'Skins fans were ecstatic, while Pats fans wanted to know what went wrong.

And that's the news from the DC area.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back