PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Rookie Camp article I missed last week...good read

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the begining section of an article written by John Tomase in the May 15, 2007 Herald.

The Patriots [team stats] must like Central Connecticut State product Justise Hairston, because running backs coach Ivan Fears unleashed the mother of all tirades on him Sunday afternoon. It was difficult to tell from the sidelines what error Hairston made, but Fears’ (unprintable) words were unmistakable.

The guess here is Pats coaches aren’t wasting their breath on players they don’t think have a chance of making the team. So in a strange way, the sixth-rounder should consider himself flattered.

One of the major topics of discussion was the playbook, which seemed to be more eye-opening than anything else the players encountered during their whirlwind introduction to pro football.

“It was like trying to read the phone book,” said undrafted free agent defensive lineman Zach West. “They handed it to me and it was like, man, I need to do some more dead lifts or something just to lift this thing.”

Added Hairston: “The playbook is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” he said. “The playbook is thick. People don’t understand. It’s a great challenge. It forces you to focus very hard, pick up the little details, gather the information, and get after it.”

Source: http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1001344&format=&page=1

Last edited:
I have a serious question (I feel that I might soil our "relationship" if I ask too many serious questions). How do you find all these articles? I am impressed.
You could only "soil our relationship" ...um, maybe not, I don't mind if Ms. Gcat gets mad at you, but I bruise easily. As for "finding" articles, three little words in a google news search, sorted by date. Then boldly clicking where no mouse has gone before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back